BF5 'Freaking Out' DVD!?

• 158 Replies
Re: BF5 'Freaking Out' DVD!?
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2006, 05:48:24 AM »
Anybody want to help me out and offer a trade for a copy of the DVD?  Thought I had one set up but it hasn't gone through yet.  Help!

Thanks!

Offline Allison

« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2006, 09:51:05 PM »
Drat. It's gone off of Ebay, should have thought of that earlier... is someone still seeding?

I found another copy of it from a different seller on Ebay, who also seems to be a respectable person, so I just bought it. Hope it comes soon, so I can enjoy it's goodness.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline Herbs Donuts

« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2006, 11:35:33 AM »
So, I got the thing downloaded, but after it's done importing into my dvd program it says the file is too big???  Any help?

Offline Herbs Donuts

« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2006, 02:02:33 PM »
Nevermind... did it with NERO!  :-)

« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2006, 05:50:24 AM »
The DVD is really sad in a way - it's clearly a band getting very very bored of the songs, and of each other.

Offline Herbs Donuts

« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2006, 10:24:26 AM »
I didn't see it that way at all.  They were definitely pushing some boundaries of performance, but I think it's akin to when they first started.... they were playing in clubs with punk bands mocking them as they pushed the piano in the back door... seems to me they were mixing some punk band in with the piano band. 

My take.

Offline GromReaper

« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2006, 05:18:46 PM »
The DVD is really sad in a way - it's clearly a band getting very very bored of the songs, and of each other.

I dunno...Robert seemed to be really enjoying himself on the floor, and when he was playing with the theramin.
I'm your Venus, I'm your fire, your desire

Offline zinefiend

• this isn't a wine car!!
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2006, 06:08:32 PM »
I bought a copy from eBay the other day, and I'm super pumped!  I can't wait to see this!

DrAlexHaleIII

« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2006, 12:17:02 AM »
From the audio recording, they don't sound bored at all - still full of enthusiasm, having fun, etc.

The most obvious example is the extended SFTD.

Offline elements_of_rock

« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2006, 10:51:36 AM »
Believe me, they're not tired of the songs.  The concert is incredibly energetic.  Keep in mind the show is from 1999 - how the hell could they be bored of the songs already??

-Dale

Offline Erin

• Rockin' the suburbs
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2006, 09:48:49 AM »
exuse me everybody...but..i didn't manage to get the torrent of this awesome show.... (on http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19626)
someone  can  email me the torrent please?????? :-[
damian@piximel.com
Thanks a lot,
E. \m/

« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2006, 11:39:10 PM »
Do you mean that you want somebody to email you the entire show?  The file is over 4 gigs, nobody is going to email something like that.  The torrent is still up and working at that URL anyway, I downloaded it yesterday.

Great show, especially for those of us who never got to see the Five play live while they were together, looks to me like they put on a damn fine show.  That whole "Thank you sir, may I have another?" finale was one of the best, wierdest things I've seen lately.

Suprisingly good audio quality too, could use a little more bass, Robert and Darren's mics seemed a little low, but compared to your average bootleg it is far and away superior.

Offline Erin

• Rockin' the suburbs
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2006, 06:28:34 AM »
no Bunkmancow but thx for the answer...i wanted just the torrent..because i cannot download the torrent on the site....but it's Ok now

Offline mr.t

« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2006, 02:42:18 PM »
Hmm.. Does anyone think, that if I mailed them blank DVD's they could burn me a copy of this? This may be a dumb request, but it would be highly appreciated.

~Trey
poop.

Offline bezley

• Life was simple then...
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2006, 02:45:58 AM »
This show is absolutely fanstastic. I have wanted to see them perfrom stuff from the '99 era for ever, since its my favourite stuff, and they play amazingly. They perform most of the album as well (TUBORM) and it kicks. I love how Ben is playing 2 pianos facing the audience like some kind of out of control Rock God. It's a truly amazing DVD. Can anyone tell me if there are any others around - pro shot?