Next solo tour

• 7 Replies

Offline Club Sauce

• ...what with my $6300 suit on, COME ON!
Next solo tour
« on: August 24, 2005, 06:31:52 PM »
when will the next tour of Ben solo(no lindsay or Jared) be?
Why don't I just piss through my $5000 suit?!COME ON!

Offline Jane_Be_Jane

• I'm better that way...
Re: Next solo tour
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 09:01:37 PM »
Do you want to know if we know, or do you want to know what we think?

I don't think we know.  But then, I haven't been paying attention.  I used to be the one who would be able to tell you what Ben has said in 5 different articles about what he's going to do next, but now I have no idea.  No matter, because he always changed his mind and something different happened.  ;)

So, here's what I think. I think Ben will tour with a band for as long as he toured solo, if not longer, before touring solo again. 

Offline Club Sauce

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 09:18:59 PM »
damn, I like the solo tours much better

DrAlexHaleIII

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 11:06:39 PM »
I think he'll be keeping the band with him for awhile. Although he can do a lot of amazing stuff solo, it's always nice to have the band around and it means that we get the "full-force" versions of a lot of songs.

Offline the_in_betweens

• often misunderstood.. .
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 11:34:35 PM »
I agree that he'll be keeping the band for a while. The difference between now and the RTS days is that back then, he really didn't seem to want to play many BFF songs with a backup band, presumably out of respect for Darren and Robert's contributions. Now enough time has passed that this seems to be water under the bridge.

In all honesty, I have to say the songs sound better with a band. Ben did a good job of "cheating," and using the piano as a percussion instrument in the solo arrangements (or tapping the mic, or whacking the pedals...whatever it took). But there's only so much you can fill in that way. So the solo shows gave us a bigger repetoire, and the delightful occasional improvs, but overall I'll go with the band nowadays.

I could imagine Ben doing one or two special shows solo again, but I suspect the Five Reunion Tour will come before the next Ben + Piano tour. Give the former about 5 years...

TIB
"There is no doggie heaven!...or...to put it another way...there is." --Homer

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 01:32:29 PM »
He is doing a, I believe 5 date college solo tour this fall.

Offline Club Sauce

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2005, 01:48:32 PM »
Great!!!
I hope someone tapes a couple of em

Offline Itslikeimsayin

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2005, 10:41:23 AM »
The "solo" tour I want is Ben just touring without co-headliners again. I don't care if he's alone or with the guys, but I don't understand these co-headlining shows that jack up the price way higher than a normal Ben concert and cut short the amount of time he has to play. More Money, Less Ben is not an equation I like.