Landed iTunes Original version

• 6 Replies

Offline jordmeister

Landed iTunes Original version
« on: August 30, 2005, 04:03:00 PM »
Has anyone noticed that Landed on the iTunes originals album  is different from the SFS version?  This might not seem strange, but doesn't say "(iTunes Originals version)" by it like some of the tracks do, and it sounds like a professional studio recording.  First off, it has a slightly higher tempo than the SFS version.  (SFS version is 9 seconds longer)  Also, the bass, drums, and backup vocals are noticeably different.  My guess is that this is the version Ben did when he recorded SFS by himself, before he decided to record it with Jared and Lindsay.

Offline jordmeister

Re: Landed iTunes Original version
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 04:03:46 PM »
Play the 2 versions back to back and you'll se what I mean.

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 04:34:34 PM »
i would but i don't have it. is it better?

Offline jordmeister

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 04:42:47 PM »
Well, not necessarily "better," but I like it a lot.  It's good because you can hear the way the song used to be and how it is now.  The iTunes Originals version is a bit... I don't know.... bouncier?  It's very subtle, but the difference is there.
Also, a bunch of people think this album is a rip-off because there aren't technically any new songs, but I like it because they sound pretty much like live versions minus the audience.  Philosophy has kind of a funky feel to it at the end.  (Also, because of the absence of audience, it is the only studio recording of Philosophy to have the Misirlou ending!)

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 05:30:35 PM »
I wish i had it :(

Offline Daniel

• it often makes no sense at all
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 06:54:40 PM »
It sounds to me just like another iTunes Originals version that just didn't get labeled as such... because the background vocals are certainly Lindsey and Jared.

It's defintiely a good version, though, and overall I must say that I am glad I went ahead and spent the 12 bucks for the album...
I've been kickin' it in the U.S.A.

Offline jordmeister

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 12:12:25 PM »
I don't know... at the end, it sounds like Ben dubbed his voice 3 times... but I could be wrong.