Brooklyn Show

• 29 Replies

Offline Rogo47

Brooklyn Show
« on: August 04, 2005, 08:31:09 PM »
Just got back from the Brooklyn show and it was amazing!  Ben Lee and Rufus were great but our Ben stole the show.  Ben filmed part of the music video for Bastard right in the middle of his set!  He had people dressed up like metal rockers and he told the crowd to pretend it was a metal reunion show and just go crazy.  He was running around the stage with big gulps and everything.  It looked hilarious and I can't wait to see it.  He also announced the he'd be playing Radio City sometime in the fall.  Some bad news though...he said he woke up with laryngitis :-\, his voice didn't seem to be too affected by it though.  Let's pray that he doesn't have to cancel any of his upcoming shows.  The set list was pretty typical besides the fact he didn't play army but i think it was because he the video shoot took a good 7-8 minutes.  All in all it was incredible and he did underground solo for his encore!

Offline general_apathy (Chloe)

• now here it is, your moment of zen
Re: Brooklyn Show
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 08:34:51 PM »
someone better have a video or some audio from this show!!! nice review by the way...hope Ben doesnt cancel!!
My new philosophy is that a crappy tape deck somewhere plays a greatest hits collection of strange and tender moments, lost, stranded, and forgotten. I'll meet you there.

DrAlexHaleIII

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 02:41:43 AM »
I hope Ben is okay. I also hope for no cancellations (especially Oregon in August and Birmingham in December).

Offline Terp02

• Me, I just hit things with sticks. - Neil Peart
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 04:55:37 AM »
Ben seems to get sick really easily. I hope that doesn't deter him from playing on Sunday, because that would suck BIG TIME!

Though, back in 2002, he was sick the day he played at the Roseland Ballroom in NYC, and that show was represented the most on Ben Folds Live (4 songs, plus 1 more on the Japanese version, and another on Songs For Goldfish). So hopefully it's a minor case, and he won't pull out of any future engagements.
-Josh

http://www.zanzibarscuf.com
http://www.purevolume.com/Zanzibarscuf

"Sell me out, Sell me in, Color me misunderstood, But I won't go Hollywood." - Bleu

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2005, 09:43:50 AM »
Hey all.  Like I've posted elsewhere, here are some pictures from last night's show in Prospect Park...

I've got video as well, but it' s a bit tougher to find upload space.  ;-)

http://community.webshots.com/album/413856489jWcqfq

Offline Terp02

• Me, I just hit things with sticks. - Neil Peart
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005, 10:11:00 AM »
great pics!

go to www.yousendit.com and upload the video there and post the link.

Thanks!
-Josh

http://www.zanzibarscuf.com
http://www.purevolume.com/Zanzibarscuf

"Sell me out, Sell me in, Color me misunderstood, But I won't go Hollywood." - Bleu

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2005, 10:20:28 AM »
yeah, thanks for the pics Drakh...and for the video when you post it!
My new philosophy is that a crappy tape deck somewhere plays a greatest hits collection of strange and tender moments, lost, stranded, and forgotten. I'll meet you there.

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2005, 02:37:42 PM »
great pics!

go to www.yousendit.com and upload the video there and post the link.

Thanks!

The only problem with that is that once the downloads hit a certain point, yousendit cancels the link.

I'll up what I can, though.

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2005, 03:16:40 PM »
Zak and Sara:  http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=236KBUY02XCF30U9WLX3YVY9W6

Working on the other one.

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2005, 08:45:21 PM »
thanks a bundle

Offline matt

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2005, 08:21:22 AM »
i went to this show. i have a couple of different opinions on how it was.
ben lee and rufus both played solid sets. you could tell ben lee was seriously stoned.
when ben came on, the crowd went crazy, for obvious reasons. i was positioned against the baracade, right in front of the stage. he came on and started playing bastard. my friends and i took bets on what he would play first. i guessed cooler than you, a friend guessed landed, which i thought would've been really cheezy. anyway, so he played bastard first, which was fantastic, but kind of a disappointment. you could tell that for this tour he's pretty much going to play the majority of sfs to premote it, then a couple of oldies, but old hits. philosophy, not the same, etc. i was screaming out "twin falls, jackson cannery, video, best imitation..."...no one even yelled out rock this bitch. whatever so then i was figuring zak and sara would be next on the list, but he played gone, which i found odd 'cause i was pretty convinced he played zak second at every concert. whatever, gone was great, then he played zak third. at this point my girlfriend started crying because i was singing too loud in her ear. she's still mad at me, and it's like 2 days later. i must've been yelling loudly. anyway, i'm not going to go into the rest of the set, but i found it kind of...bland. i mean, i know he said he was ill and all, but he wasn't that into it. it seemed all so routine. not the same was obviously fun with the harmony and all. he came back for an encore and played underground, the best f*cking part of my evening. it was so good. but no one there knew it, i feel ben folds is getting more and more mainstream. but i could be wrong. he ended up playing about like 6 songs from sfs, 3 from rts, and like nothing from waea, and absolutely nothing from bff or nbp. i was disappointed. i would've killed to hear eddie walker or like, tom and mary. it was a fantastic concert, don't get me wrong, but it was a short set. the bastard video was very cool to be in. this therefore means that bastard is probably the next US single, if they're making a video for it already. it was funny, during the video, he dropped his glasses accidently and muttered "f*ck, my glasses. i can't see shit without my glasses." oh, and i think one of my favorites that he played was bitches ain't shit. weird, huh? i mean, i liked the song before going to the show and all, but he really played it well, and it was hilarious, and the fact that the majority of the crowd sang "and we was ballin' on the motherf*ckin' compton streets." whatever, so my review of the show is...A -. fantastic, 'cause it's ben, but could be better for obvious reasons. the end!

oh, oh, oh, if you went, tell me if you saw me-
light blue weezer shirt.
crazy tall.
crazy skinny.
long crazy brown hair.

that's me.

Offline miik

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2005, 10:48:44 AM »
I have this show

I have the mp3's(-ape i encoded myself) upload to my webspace if anyone is interested, but I wont upload the FLACs.

Offline 88kickinkeys

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2005, 05:03:53 PM »
I'd love to hear it!

Offline Club Sauce

• ...what with my $6300 suit on, COME ON!
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2005, 05:44:38 PM »
oh me too!
let me know when those mp3s are up.
Why don't I just piss through my $5000 suit?!COME ON!

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2005, 06:39:40 PM »
oops, my bad guys.. sorry i started the 'bastard' video thread on the news board... i didnt see this one..i'm sorry, i guess that's why no one really replied haha... i heard the news and i was like "hell yeah, i'm gonna be the first to post this!".. but i didnt check any other threads. i guess what i really mean, is sorry i f*cked up.  had to get that out cause now i feel stupid!