Odd Man Out Tour

• 3 Replies
Odd Man Out Tour
« on: July 26, 2005, 09:25:00 PM »
On August 11th, I will be attending the Odd Man Out Tour at the Promowest Pavillion in Columbus Ohio. First- is anyone here going to this concert. Second, since it is with Rufus Wainright and Ben Lee, does that mean they are playing with Ben on drums and guitar, or will Rufus play some, and then Ben. I guess what i'm asking is if Ben will be playing the entire time, or if it will be a shortened concert of just Ben. Thanks for your input.

- Nick
Come pick me up, I've landed.

Offline Terp02

• Me, I just hit things with sticks. - Neil Peart
Re: Odd Man Out Tour
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 04:46:52 AM »
Ben (Folds) and Rufus are having their bands play with them this year. I don't know if Ben Lee will be doing his thing solo or with a band. Either way I know he's going to be on first, and I'm assuming Rufus will be second, with Ben closing the show. This isn't the same triple headline thing as last year. This is Ben Folds as the headliner.
-Josh

http://www.zanzibarscuf.com
http://www.purevolume.com/Zanzibarscuf

"Sell me out, Sell me in, Color me misunderstood, But I won't go Hollywood." - Bleu

Offline Fred_Jones_Pt._1

• Smile like a bank teller!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 07:34:50 AM »
Actually, I believe the way they do it is that Rufus and Ben alternate between who comes on second and who comes on third each night, so it sort of just depends on whether you go to an even or *odd* numbered night of the show, so to speak.  ;)

Either way, they will each collaborate with each other on various songs/covers throughout the night, I'm sure.

By the by, I just started listening to Rufus the last 5 months or so and have become a near-obsessive fan of his stuff, to a level that I've only felt for our boy Benny in the past!

Check out any of RW's four albums, though Poses is the most accessible, followed by Want One.  The other two albums take a few listenings to (as well as reading into what the true meanings/ bizarre literary and musical allusions in his songs are) before their beauty will really sink in with you.

To get just a taste of what you'll hear, download the BF/RW "Careless Whisper" duet from their tour together last year at http://www.alphaquam.com/live/?artist=Ben_Folds.  I promise Rufus' voice is like nothing you've ever heard before.

And, of course, the obligatory:  \m/
"An eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind."
~M.G.

DrAlexHaleIII

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 08:14:24 AM »
Ben and Rufus are both headlining acts and Ben Lee is a special guest. I wish the tour was coming to the UK, just for Ben Lee. I'm seeing Ben and Rufus in the space of a week in December and both'll be full shows, but Ben Lee doesn't appear to be performing in the UK any time soon...  :-\

Rufus is definitely worth checking out; some of his stuff is weird, but you should definitely check out Want one (and then Want two).