Random ramblingsII...

• 4706 Replies

Offline Brooooke

• "I'm pulling this out of my ass just for you!"
Re: Random ramblingsII...
« Reply #4695 on: September 27, 2008, 12:52:57 PM »
i was on last night to check a few threads but was going to bed soon so i didn't come online.  i was real tired.  i was about to but then i decided to sleep.  man i haven't had 8 hrs of uninterupted sleep in mooonths.  you'd think i was a mom or something.

i haven't gotten any emails about shipment yet.

and, yayyy chloe... come join ussssss.

Offline Brooooke

• "I'm pulling this out of my ass just for you!"
« Reply #4696 on: September 27, 2008, 12:57:07 PM »
oh btw for anyone who didn't catch it!  i hopped on the 'use my real name' wagon and changed from flowerofsilver to brooooke!   i had to double up the O's cause 'brooke' was already taken.  booo!

Offline general_apathy (Chloe)

• now here it is, your moment of zen
« Reply #4697 on: September 27, 2008, 12:59:16 PM »

yeah, i'm applying to three schools in the chicago area. and my brother persuaded me to apply to UNC at Chapel Hill, and then there's Ithaca in New York. so either way, i'm heading east. i decided against boston college. just seemed a little out of my league haha.
My new philosophy is that a crappy tape deck somewhere plays a greatest hits collection of strange and tender moments, lost, stranded, and forgotten. I'll meet you there.

Offline Allison

« Reply #4698 on: September 27, 2008, 01:25:28 PM »

yeah, i'm applying to three schools in the chicago area. and my brother persuaded me to apply to UNC at Chapel Hill, and then there's Ithaca in New York. so either way, i'm heading east. i decided against boston college. just seemed a little out of my league haha.

UNC is beautiful. I like that place. But I may only be in love with it in my mind.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline You Dont Know Zach

• And it's terrible pain, and it's all for free.
« Reply #4699 on: September 27, 2008, 02:05:56 PM »

UNC is beautiful. I like that place. But I may only be in love with it in my mind.
Yea I LOVED the area where he played last week, my kinda town, I just didn't like the people there so much.
dont overplay, keep it simple and in the pocket, support the song, and you will be asked to play more than you have time to. - Chuck Folds

http://www.last.fm/user/YoudontknowZach

« Reply #4700 on: September 27, 2008, 02:32:36 PM »
My brother said the people kicked ass. Then again, my bro's an assh*le. He didn't invite me to go see BFF. c*cksucker.
My new philosophy is that a crappy tape deck somewhere plays a greatest hits collection of strange and tender moments, lost, stranded, and forgotten. I'll meet you there.

Offline Allison

« Reply #4701 on: September 27, 2008, 02:52:04 PM »
Okay, Chloe, I know you're an Office-er

This has been bugging me since the episode aired... did you catch when Micheal's gotee disappeared (while they were having lunch, and Jim was all... I miss Pam at lunch most of all... etc) and then was back the next scene. I was so confused. Someone didn't catch that in continuity.

The only people in Chapel Hill that I didn't like were the drunks at 2 am. But. That's true of any drunk at 2 am who's walking down the street.

« Reply #4702 on: September 27, 2008, 03:14:59 PM »
Okay, Chloe, I know you're an Office-er

This has been bugging me since the episode aired... did you catch when Micheal's gotee disappeared (while they were having lunch, and Jim was all... I miss Pam at lunch most of all... etc) and then was back the next scene. I was so confused. Someone didn't catch that in continuity.

The only people in Chapel Hill that I didn't like were the drunks at 2 am. But. That's true of any drunk at 2 am who's walking down the street.

Yeah, I wondered that too. Some people weren't paying attention in the editing room! But the episode was SOOOO cute. In the rain. Ahhh! I'm sucker for that shit. Michael looked like a douche with the goatee though. YUCK! I'm excited to see what happens next. And Kelly passing out was really funny. The whole episode seemed kind of all over the place though, kind of hard to follow. Can't wait for next week!

Offline Allison

« Reply #4703 on: September 27, 2008, 03:35:41 PM »
Yeah, it was all over the place.... come to think of it.

Offline algonacchick

• Everywhere I go, damn, there I am
« Reply #4704 on: September 28, 2008, 03:10:34 AM »
Ok, here's something random, yet exciting for me. My husband is in a band. Has been for years. For about a year or so, the guys have let me sing once in a while. My song when they played out? Open Invitation by Santana. Well, some shit happened between the lead singer and the bass player *basically, the lead singer screwed the bass player over, and subsequently, was kicked out of the band* So, I went to band practice with hubby last night, where we practiced my new song "Goodbye to You" by Scandal. *fun, fun song* Then, some more songs came up, and the bass player, who's been singing a lot of the stuff since the lead singer left, handed about 7 more songs to me. The guys liked how I sounded, and said it would really help things out if I were in the band, so now, it's official! I'm sooo excited!  ;D \m/
The music-business ship is going down, and Weird Al is standing on the bow, rockin' out ~ Ben Folds
www.myspace.com/bakerbobrules

Offline Andy

• I went because you said you'd be there
« Reply #4705 on: September 28, 2008, 04:01:09 AM »
Awesome stuff! Well done!

I enjoy singing, but the only band I've fronted was 'Rock Band' on the Xbox last friday night :)

~A
So smooth you can hear the beard.

Offline algonacchick

• Everywhere I go, damn, there I am
« Reply #4706 on: September 28, 2008, 04:17:53 AM »
Thanks, Andy!  I just couldn't believe some of the stuff they threw at me . "Do you know this one?" "Yeah". Kinda went like that all night.

Here's what I remember singing:

Goodbye to You - Scandal
Message in a Bottle - The Police
What is and What Should Never Be - Led Zeppelin
Stay With Me - Rod Stewart
Open Invitation - Santana
Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne
Adams' Apple - Aerosmith
Backing vocals on Already Gone - The Eagles

They used to do "What's Up" by Four Non-Blondes, but it had been too long since the played it, they couldn't remember it, so we'll work on that. I also wanna sing "You Better Run" by Pat Benatar. Hubby said he liked that one. This is just very exciting!
The music-business ship is going down, and Weird Al is standing on the bow, rockin' out ~ Ben Folds
www.myspace.com/bakerbobrules