BF on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross this Friday!

• 57 Replies

Offline odea

Re: BF on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross this Friday!
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2005, 05:51:11 AM »
Ok, thats cool then.

I think I was recalling some old interview with Ben where he said that he liked playing in the UK, because he got a better response. I think that because of that quote, I assumed he was bigger there than over here - which I guess is not the case.

Offline caliban10

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2005, 07:44:07 AM »
Ok, thats cool then.

I think I was recalling some old interview with Ben where he said that he liked playing in the UK, because he got a better response. I think that because of that quote, I assumed he was bigger there than over here - which I guess is not the case.

That was in the liner notes to Naked Baby Photos, I believe.

Offline Kel

• Why do we have to love YaBB gold? Can i just like it?
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2005, 01:49:37 PM »
i heard he was never allowed on jools holland again cos of the last time he threw a stool at the piano and it was jools'
he werenT happy
ive paid my money and im gonna see all the movie

Offline Andy

• I went because you said you'd be there
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2005, 12:04:54 AM »
We will get it recorded somehow. Shouldn't be too hard.

I have both a plan, and 2 backup plans.

Yeah, this is quite a major event TV-wise over here. Ross is one of the two credible music-guest shows (the other being Jools) and the only prime-time talkshow with wide-ranging appeal. It has the potential to introduce a lot of new 'potential fans' to Ben and will really boost his media-appeal.

All us UKers are quite right to get all goofy-excited about this. It will be the same old 'Landed' - but it probably equates to the 'same old' single from your favourite indie CD getting played on 'the Simpsons'.

~A
So smooth you can hear the beard.

Offline amyarmchairgirl

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2005, 11:24:28 AM »
Hey, I think this is very exciting. I'm thinking of trying to get in the audience, I've been several times in Jon Ross's audience before (it's great fun!) & I work quite nr to white city where it's filmed, & I reckon I might be able to blag a spare ticket from someone in the queue...

I agree he's coming to the UK rather early before the 1st UK show to not do some other promotional things, I reckon at least 1 HMV performance/CD signing type thing...

Offline Hanny

• (8) Laugh all you want, I got my philosophy! (8)
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2005, 01:05:13 PM »
wow the audience...coool! i just intend on watching it and recording it if i can make my video player work  ;D
~ Make me feel tiny if it makes you feel tall but there's always someone cooler than you ~

*~ Han ~*

...smoke...

Offline Deano

• It'll be done when I get round to it....
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2005, 06:13:53 AM »
The entire show generally gets taped and put up on a certain website anyways. I wonder if he'll be doing the radio show on Saturday as well though?

Offline Kel

• Why do we have to love YaBB gold? Can i just like it?
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2005, 10:29:22 AM »
well for those of you that have freeview or anyway of watching bbc3 its repeated on sunday late night
ive paid my money and im gonna see all the movie

Offline ~M

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2005, 10:40:39 AM »
I can imagine my sister will be recording it too... so worst comes to worst we'll have like a 20th backup or something, by the looks of it.

Offline amyarmchairgirl

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2005, 01:28:30 PM »
I got in the audience! It was great! He played Landed just once, with his band & a string section.  ;D

Offline Hanny

• (8) Laugh all you want, I got my philosophy! (8)
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2005, 08:54:57 AM »
landed, suprising lol, u lucky person! still looking forward to watching him on tv ;D
~ Make me feel tiny if it makes you feel tall but there's always someone cooler than you ~

*~ Han ~*

...smoke...

Offline malemiddleclassandwhite

• ...we can be happy [on the London] underground...
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2005, 02:26:35 PM »
I'm totally gutted.  I found out about this literally one minute after the programme finished.  This is seriously the UK Folds Fans' event of the millennium so far, and I was caught kipping.

Will be eternally grateful to anyone who can provide me with some kind of recording of it.
I wish it was last September.

Offline general_apathy (Chloe)

• now here it is, your moment of zen
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2005, 02:33:53 PM »
yeah, i would like a recording too. i live in the states, so i couldnt watch it :'(
My new philosophy is that a crappy tape deck somewhere plays a greatest hits collection of strange and tender moments, lost, stranded, and forgotten. I'll meet you there.

Offline Frank

• donnie
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2005, 02:48:07 PM »
i thought it was a weakish performance vocally, but i did notice that the band members didn't have mic's so they couldn't do the harmonies. it felt like they where missing.
i love you

Offline Andy

• I went because you said you'd be there
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2005, 02:48:42 PM »
Well, that was pretty awful, wasn't it?

Too fast, wrong words, no backing vocals, strings virtually absent from the mix.

Yes, I'm one unhappy fan right now. And James H called me right afterwards, and pretty much echoed my sentiments right back at me. I feel sorry for him, cause he got all his mates round the TV whereas all I did was come home early.

I know Ben isn't a fan of the whole commercial thang, but he could at least try?

Gah. I'm going to bed.

~A
So smooth you can hear the beard.