« on: May 06, 2005, 12:52:14 AM »
www.benfolds.com

Sooo much better than the other, in my opinion :D
So much time, so little to say...

Offline Brian Golley

• Peace and harmony, man.
Re: New Landed video
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 01:08:46 AM »
im not so sure about heaps better than the other one but yeh it is a god video. it must suck making videos. trying to make something that accentuates the song and not takes away from it.

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 03:05:36 AM »
Better?!? I thought that one was much worse. I like the original much more. In this one it seemed as if there were barely any shots - just the same being used over and over. Also the lip syncing was off in this one. However that could be because of the codec or the stream and the audioi file isn't aligning with the video file.

Offline Jake

• Melbourne's our bitch
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 03:27:13 AM »
The new one has some good ideas, but it's too repetitive. Repetitiveness is the problem with the new one. The new one repeats too much. It's repetitively repetitious. The garage door thing is good, but that's all it is. I like the orangutang one better.
Jake. The famous Australian stunt musician.
Melbourne's our bitch.mp3

Offline James H

• "Awwwwww Mummy, I don't want to be a lawyer"
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 07:12:09 AM »
Personally, while it is an ok video, I think it sucks when compared to the original. 

J...
"Let Elliott Smith make a rap album. Let Harry Connick Jnr make a glam rock album. Listen to music for what it is not what its wearing.  Or buy some skate shoes and write music reviews" ~ Ben

Offline AnnaWaits

• "The people have spoken!"
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 08:45:17 AM »
Haha ok so I'm a tad outnumbered...! :)
So much time, so little to say...

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005, 09:28:50 AM »
I picked up the deluxe edition of the cd/dvd combo from Ben's site. And I am very happy with the set---don't get me wrong--but can some one tell me why they didn't include the full (1st )version of the "Landed" video?? They show 'the making of..."
I mean how hard would it have been to stick the video on the dvd too??

Offline Kenny

• kennyjaworski.com
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2005, 02:44:31 PM »
There could be any number of reasons.  Maybe they'd already started pressing the sets when the video was still being put together.  Hopefully, it's not as simple as someone not thinking to.   ;)
it'll put your mind more at ease if you say the words of release...

Offline blindman

• ARROWED!
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2005, 05:02:03 PM »
i like this video much more.  the other was funnier and more charming, but the new one is more interesting to watch.
I'm a girl.

Offline Brian Golley

• Peace and harmony, man.
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2005, 09:29:27 PM »
i dont understand this double video making for songs. why do people do it, i mean why spend a shitload of money making something just to do it again?

Offline Bruised

• sHAm On!
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2005, 12:57:58 AM »
good. point. he should have just stuck with the orangutang one. i love that one ;) . maybe he did it for fun ??? ;) ::) ....................

maybe not...

tAnK
"Life barrels on like a runaway train where the passengers change, they don't change anything, you get off someone else can get on" -ben

Offline Renata N.

• "I'm crazy but I get the job done!"
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2005, 05:56:47 PM »
I think this new one is more TV appealing, I don't think the first one is interesting for MTV or VH1. But go figure

Offline Corey

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2005, 06:27:23 PM »
the old one is better i recon

Offline Andy

• I went because you said you'd be there
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2005, 12:53:12 AM »
I think this new one is more TV appealing, I don't think the first one is interesting for MTV or VH1. But go figure

You think so? If anything I'd put it the other way round. I think the gimicks in the 'first' one (orangutan, shatner, story) make it more immediate and accessible. The second one, although not bad, is a bit 'nowhere'. Other than the garage doors there's not much to get your teeth into or drive the interest, and even that device feels a bit overused.

To put it another way, if the original came on TV over here I'd call my friend and tell them to put the telly on. If it was the second one, I'd think "that's cool" and little more.

~A
So smooth you can hear the beard.

Offline Renata N.

• "I'm crazy but I get the job done!"
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2005, 08:52:40 AM »
I tell you based on the TV here, ht esecond one there's more chance to air here than the first one