Ben Folds in Michigan

• 6 Replies
Ben Folds in Michigan
« on: April 25, 2005, 06:36:37 PM »
Hey all, Im going to the concert at the Royal Oak Theater in Michigan on May 4th, and was just wondering what to expect. Will he most likely play songs that I heard on his live CD, or is it more of his new stuff?

- Nick
Come pick me up, I've landed.

Offline Drag

• I'm a llama!
Re: Ben Folds in Michigan
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 06:49:29 PM »
He likes to vary it quite a bit, meaning, he'll play some from the BFF days as well as some from RTS, etc.  I wouldnt worry about him playing too many from his cd's, youll love it no matter what ;)

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 06:57:15 PM »
thanks for the info, also the concert starts around 7:30. any idea i can expect to get out of there? ( i live 3 and a half hours away)
Come pick me up, I've landed.

Offline Brian Golley

• Peace and harmony, man.
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 07:56:36 PM »
ben played for 2 hours when i saw him which was awesome

Offline Drag

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 03:43:58 AM »
Eh... I can remember getting to the concerts in Kansas City around 5pm when it started at 7 (or 7:30, I forget).  We were probobly 15th or 20th in line behind some stupid teenagers (grr).

Offline m_D_t

• Bass In Yo' Face!
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2005, 09:52:00 AM »
I actually have no idea how to get there, but I do know that it's general admission... so get there as soon as possible. My mom went to the same theatre a few weeks back to see Steve Vai and said there aren't very many places to sit except for a few benches in the back. Get there early. I believe I heard something like "Doors open at 6:30" and the show starts at 7:30.

If anyone's looking for me, I'll most likely be wearing a sideways hat that says "KiLLeM" and a name badge that says "Sparky".

Offline m_D_t

• Bass In Yo' Face!
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 12:31:35 PM »
Will anyone be taping this concert? Because I lack the machenery and funds to buy such mechanisms. Come on! SOMEBODY!