Complete Sessions at West 54th

• 18 Replies

Offline general_apathy (Chloe)

• now here it is, your moment of zen
Re: Complete Sessions at West 54th
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2005, 09:42:37 AM »
"i dont know what came over me" - - - - -"are you ready to rock!!!"
My new philosophy is that a crappy tape deck somewhere plays a greatest hits collection of strange and tender moments, lost, stranded, and forgotten. I'll meet you there.

Offline jmhard

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2005, 09:50:20 AM »
>>>>>
That's an old ben folds concert goer insider joke *wink wink nudge nudge.* He used to always do it before a song called "The ultimate sacrifice," which was quite a strange song looking back now.
"Now are you ready to rock?" "Now brace yourself" "For some gut wrenching metal!"
The song was basically an ultra-overdriven bass, some weird piano and falsetto lyrics. I suggest some downloading of it is in order.
<<<<<

Or just purchase Naked Baby Photos, they do it on that.  Between that, For Those of Ya'll that Wear Fanny Packs, and Satan is my Master, you get a look into how insane they were on stage.  Great stuff.

Offline El foldso

• pretty soon you'll be an old bastard too
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2005, 04:33:46 PM »
i love this dvd! i especially love song for the dumped and all that crazy stuff that goes on in the middle.
I didnt get that joke about " are u ready to rock" but i still thought it was hilarious anyway, and i couldnt understand why the audience wasnt laughing! they all look so bored! I love it how some of the audience get up and dance in underground though.
"the whiz man" will never fit you like " the whiz kid" did

Offline jmhard

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2005, 07:14:55 AM »
>>>>>
I didnt get that joke about " are u ready to rock" but i still thought it was hilarious anyway
<<<<<

I'm telling you, get Naked Baby Photos.  You'll be glad you did, trust me.