SONGS FOR SILVERMAN- what do u think?

• 23 Replies

Offline El foldso

• pretty soon you'll be an old bastard too
SONGS FOR SILVERMAN- what do u think?
« on: April 13, 2005, 04:40:13 PM »
just wondering wat u guys think of the new album. I jsut got it yesterday. I love trusted, bastard, gracie, basically everything. It isnt his best though
"the whiz man" will never fit you like " the whiz kid" did

Offline Bruised

• sHAm On!
Re: SONGS FOR SILVERMAN- what do u think?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 07:33:57 PM »
yeah, i love trusted too. already started transcribing it. i would have to agree that it's not his best. it could have been better if he put more tracks on it ;) and smoe could of had a bit more 'oomph' but they were good like how they are...its very good. just oine of his slower albums. thats all.
"Life barrels on like a runaway train where the passengers change, they don't change anything, you get off someone else can get on" -ben

Offline Cmajor7th

• I'm a Ben Folds Fan!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 10:11:49 PM »
It's interesting how much of a departure ben has made from his bff days. I got weae remastered at the same time as sfs and it was wierd to here the craziness of Dr. Pyser and Dwarf for example and then listen to gracie and late. Still, i suppose brick is an example of what was to come, even way back then. Love them all anyway.

PS: just a question El Foldso. Why did u start a silverman thread in Ben's old five? i don't mind, just wondering.  ???
'Ben is making very strange sounds with his mouth. This has been going on for some time.' - Ben's Teacher

Offline El foldso

• pretty soon you'll be an old bastard too
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 12:16:05 AM »
dont ask that question! i hav no idea what im doing....i jsut decided to make it. i guess i didnt relaly realise where it was...then i went and found 50000 other people had started topics about songs for silverman
"the whiz man" will never fit you like " the whiz kid" did

Offline Brian Golley

• Peace and harmony, man.
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 01:13:01 AM »
i finally got it today. should of had it ages ago but sony sent it to japan. shouldve had it 4 days ago but the postman was lazy and didnt even check to see if i was home. anyway, after possible the longest weekend of my life, i now have the cd. and i love it. the only song not to strike a chord is prison fod but it might in time. i wont be surprised if it wont though because as ben explains on the dvd its basically a jam that ben wrote words over. just a question, the dual disc. whats on the second disk besides the strings version of landed. or is the second disc songs for goldfish?

Offline NickB

• So much time, so little to say...
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 09:13:00 PM »
Tim - no one has the DualDisc one yet - it's released on the 26th. all details are on www.attackedbyplastic.com ...  ::)
"Couldn't you at least have written me a good one?

Offline Brian Golley

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 04:33:57 PM »
Tim - no one has the DualDisc one yet - it's released on the 26th. all details are on www.attackedbyplastic.com ... ::)

so noone will know whats on the dual disc until they get it?

Offline bezley

• Life was simple then...
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2005, 04:51:43 PM »
I'm a bit worried about what peple are saying about SFS. Some are saying he's gone crazy with the most complex vocal arrangements yet, and that everything is amazing. Others are saying it's slow, and there are a few songs they don't like. What am I going to think when I get it. I've been waiting so long.

Offline Drag

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2005, 06:13:12 PM »
Trust me. You will not be disappointed  :)

Offline Brian Golley

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2005, 08:02:15 PM »
it is a sensational album. it kinda has this timeless feel. something rocking the suburbs lacked.

Offline Brian Golley

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2005, 03:15:32 AM »
after listening to it nonstop over the last 3 days i feel its bens best work. it really is a great album. as cmajor7th was saying to me earlier on messenger, it is different from previous albums. i still think its his best. a beatuiful album

Offline Hanny

• (8) Laugh all you want, I got my philosophy! (8)
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2005, 10:56:53 AM »
oooooooooo i cant wait!
~ Make me feel tiny if it makes you feel tall but there's always someone cooler than you ~

*~ Han ~*

...smoke...

Offline Drag

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2005, 01:13:25 PM »
Ya, I would almost agree to this being Ben's best album.. but all the other albums (mainly BFF) seem to have their own good points as well.

Oh well, its still bound to be one of my all-time Ben favorites, thats for sure.

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2005, 11:39:32 AM »
i have yet to receive my copy in the mail... but i think i'm going to be the skeptic on this one... i'm sure i'll love it... but i simply don't see it being as good as rockin the suburbs.. i don't think that album will ever fall off my top 3 album list

Offline bezley

• Life was simple then...
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2005, 02:14:48 PM »
I think RTS was genius, and I'll always remember hearing it for the first time. But there has always been a chance for Ben to better himself on it. If anything, his choice of keys lacked imagination in places. Doesn't stop me loving the album. Just surprised how often he used the chord C.