Who I Love
« Reply #270 on: January 09, 2008, 01:31:22 PM »
I love Ben Folds Five

Offline general_apathy (Chloe)

• now here it is, your moment of zen
Re: Slam Book
« Reply #271 on: February 27, 2008, 02:34:22 PM »
That's a good start.
My new philosophy is that a crappy tape deck somewhere plays a greatest hits collection of strange and tender moments, lost, stranded, and forgotten. I'll meet you there.

« Reply #272 on: March 24, 2008, 12:29:26 PM »
Okay here we go...

1. What was the first BF/F song you ever heard? Bastard, I'm a late bloomer.
2. In what order did you obtain the BF/F CDs you own? RTS, WEAEA, TUB, BFL, SFS
3. When was the first time you saw BF/F live? Last year
4. How many times have you seen BF/F live? Once  :'(
5. Most recent show? Last year
6. Other bands or musicians you love Kweller, Elton John, Steve Miller Band
7. Do you have a Ben related website? No
8. Favorite member of the five including Ben? Duh.
9. Favorite member of Ben's touring band excluding Ben? Jared
10. Have you ever met Ben/had something signed by Ben? How many times? Nope
11. Did you contribute to Crystal's pressie to Ben? No
12. Where did you grow up? Where do you live? North Carolina... Raleigh NC
13. What do you do? (student, profession) Student
14. Farthest you've ever travelled to see BF/F? 30 minutes
15. How long have you been a BF/F fan? A year, but 99.96% of the music I have listened to this year has been BF/F
16. Is Ben or BFF your favorite musician/band, or one of many? By far.
17. Five of your favorite BF/F songs 1) Eddie Walker 2) Philosophy 3) Fred Jones Pt. 2 4) Evaporated 5) One Angry Dwarf
18. Males: You want to be Ben, true or false. True
  Females: You want to be Frally, true or false.
19. Your favorite B/FF song at this very moment. ONLY ONE. We all know it could change at any second. Eddie Walker
20. Working on a theory here. Did/do your high school activities include marching band or cheerleading? Any others you care to mention? No, played football in high school though.
21. What did you/are you/will you study in college? Public Relations
22. Single? Attached? Married? Kids? Single
23. If you could have dinner with a character from a BF/F song, who would it be? Emaline. Even if she was a horse. lol
24. Why did you choose your screen name? If it's your real name, why did you prefer to use it? It's one of his new songs, and it sounds sweet.
25. Too many questions in this list or not enough? Good amount
I know you're in there, I can see you. You're saying you're okay, I don't believe you.

Offline Drawed

« Reply #273 on: May 07, 2008, 05:43:52 PM »
1. What was the first BF/F song you ever heard?  Landed
2. In what order did you obtain the BF/F CDs you own?  BFL; WAEA(RE); S,tLP; and I have several bootlegs and a bunch of songs w/o the whole album
3. When was the first time you saw BF/F live?  4/15/07 at Alma College in Alma, MI
4. How many times have you seen BF/F live?   wait while i count...2!
5. Most recent show?    2/29/08 at Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN
6. Other bands or musicians you love:  The Raconteurs, Modest Mouse, Red Hot Chili Peppers
7. Do you have a Ben related website? Nope
8. Favorite member of the five including Ben? Ben
9. Favorite member of Ben's touring band excluding Ben?   Sam I suppose
10. Have you ever met Ben/had something signed by Ben? How many times?   Nope. 0.
11. Did you contribute to Crystal's pressie to Ben?  I don't even know what that means
12. Where did you grow up? Where do you live?   St. Joseph, Michigan, US...I'm still growing
13. What do you do? (student, profession)   Go to school
14. Farthest you've ever travelled to see BF/F?   3 hrs to Alma
15. How long have you been a BF/F fan?   Year and a half (averts eyes)
16. Is Ben or BFF your favorite musician/band, or one of many?  fave by far
17. Five of your favorite BF/F songs  philosophy, landed, underground, army, OAD, hiroshima
18. Males: You want to be Ben, true or false.   false...but i do want his hands
19. Your favorite B/FF song at this very moment. ONLY ONE. We all know it could change at any second. philosophy
20. Working on a theory here. Did/do your high school activities include marching band or cheerleading? Any others you care to mention?  no...i do play piano though
21. What did you/are you/will you study in college?   engineering...?
22. Single? Attached? Married? Kids?   attached (weird word?)
23. If you could have dinner with a character from a BF/F song, who would it be?  ben (he sings about himself in hiroshima
24. Why did you choose your screen name? If it's your real name, why did you prefer to use it?  its sort of my nickname
25. Too many questions in this list or not enough?  mm could be longer but its good
If you can ball like me, it ainít make no difference what team you at

Offline Laura

« Reply #274 on: June 15, 2008, 09:07:37 AM »
1. What was the first BF/F song you ever heard?    One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces
2. In what order did you obtain the BF/F CDs you own?      uh...WAEA, SFS, BFF, UBORM, RTS, BFL, and then bits and pieces of NBP and the EPs
3. When was the first time you saw BF/F live?    when he opened for John Mayer in Atlanta last August (we went just for Ben, btw)
4. How many times have you seen BF/F live?    Twice
5. Most recent show?    Cary, North Carolina
6. Other bands or musicians you love    Lazlo Bane, Mika, Ben Kweller, Ben Lee, Panic! At the Disco, and lots of other stuff
7. Do you have a Ben related website?     No
8. Favorite member of the five including Ben?     Well, I don't really know much about Darren or Robert, so Ben
9. Favorite member of Ben's touring band excluding Ben?     Ben; I don't know anything about Sam, and Jared smokes
10. Have you ever met Ben/had something signed by Ben? How many times?    No, but I'm going to
11. Did you contribute to Crystal's pressie to Ben?    I don't even know what that is
12. Where did you grow up? Where do you live?    Born in Columbus, Ohio, but I've lived in John's Creek (near Atlanta) for most of my life
13. What do you do? (student, profession)     High school senior (class of '09, woot!)
14. Farthest you've ever travelled to see BF/F?      6 hours from John's Creek to Cary
15. How long have you been a BF/F fan?     not too long, i only heard of them about a year ago, when my friend made me listen to One Angry Dwarf
16. Is Ben or BFF your favorite musician/band, or one of many?     definitely my favorite
17. Five of your favorite BF/F songs     Rockin the Suburbs, One Angry Dwarf, Free Coffee (i already love it), Army, Selfless Cold and Composed
18. Males: You want to be Ben, true or false.
  Females: You want to be Frally, true or false.    um, False. That was a pretty hairy situation
19. Your favorite B/FF song at this very moment. ONLY ONE. We all know it could change at any second.    ooh... that's a tough one...One Anrgy Dwarf
20. Working on a theory here. Did/do your high school activities include marching band or cheerleading? Any others you care to mention?     Marching Band in the House!!! I'm Band Captain, actually.  Flute Choir, Beta Club and Spanish Club too, if that matters
21. What did you/are you/will you study in college?    I'm not sure, but i think i want to be a Lit teacher
22. Single? Attached? Married? Kids?     Single
23. If you could have dinner with a character from a BF/F song, who would it be?      umm...the angry dwarf
24. Why did you choose your screen name? If it's your real name, why did you prefer to use it?    it's one of my favorite lines from his songs
25. Too many questions in this list or not enough? i think you've got most things covered
I almost gave in to positive thinking, but sarcasm came to the rescue

« Reply #275 on: June 20, 2008, 01:52:26 PM »
1. What was the first BF/F song you ever heard?
   Underground

2. In what order did you obtain the BF/F CDs you own?
    BFF, WAEA, Messner, NBP, BFF (Japanese Import),RTS, BFL, SFS, EPs, The Bens, SSSG, SFG, FOP

3. When was the first time you saw BF/F live?
    BFF, Bristol, 1998

4. How many times have you seen BF/F live?

5. Most recent show?
    Cambridge, 2006.  Seeing him July 13th in Bristol

6. Other bands or musicians you love
    Weezer, Counting Crows, Wombats, Spinto Band, Killers........

7. Do you have a Ben related website?
   No, sorry

8. Favorite member of the five including Ben?
    Ben

9. Favorite member of Ben's touring band excluding Ben?
    Jared

10. Have you ever met Ben/had something signed by Ben? How many times?
    No

11. Did you contribute to Crystal's pressie to Ben?
     Eh?

12. Where did you grow up? Where do you live?
     UK, little village in the Cotswolds

13. What do you do? (student, profession)
     Retail Manager

14. Farthest you've ever travelled to see BF/F?
     About 160 miles

15. How long have you been a BF/F fan?
     About 12 years

16. Is Ben or BFF your favorite musician/band, or one of many?
     favourite by far!

17. Five of your favorite BF/F songs
     DCYP, Philosophy, Still fighting, Evaporated, Song for the dumped....

Guess it wouldn't be too bad

19. Your favorite B/FF song at this very moment. ONLY ONE. We all know it could change at any second.
     The Bitch went nutz!

20. Working on a theory here. Did/do your high school activities include marching band or cheerleading? Any others you care to mention?
     No, sorry to ruin your theory

21. What did you/are you/will you study in college?
     Philosophy, yes really

22. Single? Attached? Married? Kids?
    Married

23. If you could have dinner with a character from a BF/F song, who would it be?
    Uncle Walter, Wouldn't have to worry about uncomfortable silences

24. Why did you choose your screen name? If it's your real name, why did you prefer to use it?
    Cause I have a mullet, but no moustache of course

25. Too many questions in this list or not enough?
     Just right
http://www.last.fm/user/BadMullet

i figure they don't care anymore and now they blow donkey dicks

« Reply #276 on: June 23, 2008, 02:25:25 PM »
1. What was the first BF/F song you ever heard?
Brick on my sister's computer. It was the only song she had and I didn't even mean to listen to it, but i listened to a little, then listened to more, and liked it a lot. At the point in my life I made a generalization that musical groups that take the name of one person were queer music. I now make they generalization that they're cool.
2. In what order did you obtain the BF/F CDs you own?
I bought a couple songs on iTunes, then Rockin' the Suburbs, then Whatever and Ever Amen, then SuperSunnySpeedGraphic (someday I'm going to buy all those LP's), then Ben FOlds Five the album, then Songs for Silverman.
3. When was the first time you saw BF/F live?
4/10/08, Easton, PA @ Lafayette College
4. How many times have you seen BF/F live?
That's it. I'm going to see his show in Philly on 9/6/07. It's hard for me to get to these concerts not being able to drive.
5. Most recent show?
4/10/08 at Easton
6. Other bands or musicians you love
Dispatch, Rage Against the Machine, Beastie Boys, RHCP, John Frusciante, Jack Johnson, David Gilmour, Pink Floyd, Clodplay, Those are just the ones at the top of my head
7. Do you have a Ben related website?
No
8. Favorite member of the five including Ben?
Ben?
9. Favorite member of Ben's touring band excluding Ben?
Jared
10. Have you ever met Ben/had something signed by Ben? How many times?
No. Unfortunately.
11. Did you contribute to Crystal's pressie to Ben?
What? I'll say no.
12. Where did you grow up? Where do you live?
Bethlehem, PA. And same.
13. What do you do? (student, profession)
high schooler. I mow the lawn? haha
14. Farthest you've ever travelled to see BF/F?
About 10 miles, to Easton. I will be going 55 to Philly...
15. How long have you been a BF/F fan?
A year, roughly.
16. Is Ben or BFF your favorite musician/band, or one of many?
Not everyday, but overall yes, he is.
17. Five of your favorite BF/F songs
I really don't think there's one I don't like. Smoke, Fair, Annie Waits, Bitches Ain't Shit, Gone, really all of them. I like Hiroshima a lot too. Cant wait for that album.
I definitely want to be Ben. I've also spent quite a bit of time pondering how cool it would be to be Ben's son...I'm very envious of Louis.
19. Your favorite B/FF song at this very moment. ONLY ONE. We all know it could change at any second.
I'm listening to Not the Same right now, so we'll go with that one.
20. Working on a theory here. Did/do your high school activities include marching band or cheerleading? Any others you care to mention?
I am in the band (we'll be in the Rose Bowl Parade next year). I'm a quartermaster in our band but I'm not very good at the trumpet. I'm also VP of the class this year and in model UN. I'm also on the hockey and lacrosse teams. I'm an asst. editor for the school paper too.
21. What did you/are you/will you study in college?
I have no idea right now. I have a couple things in mind but I still have a couple years until I have to know.
22. Single? Attached? Married? Kids?
I have a girlfriend at the moment...
23. If you could have dinner with a character from a BF/F song, who would it be?
Good one. I would probably say the narrarator from Annie Waits because I was in the exact situation before, down to the name of the girl. Or maybe Ben and whoever the girl was in Brick. I'm intrigued by people's opinions on that topic.
24. Why did you choose your screen name? If it's your real name, why did you prefer to use it?
I don't know, just thought it was a kinda funny lyric that probably wasn't taken. Not super attached to it.
25. Too many questions in this list or not enough?
I don't really care.

« Reply #277 on: June 26, 2008, 01:51:02 AM »
1. What was the first BF/F song you ever heard? Underground
2. In what order did you obtain the BF/F CDs you own? Rockin' the Suburbs, Songs for Silverman, Ben Folds Five then the rest all came at once :)
3. When was the first time you saw BF/F live? couple years ago
4. How many times have you seen BF/F live? only twice :(
5. Most recent show? yesterday :)
6. Other bands or musicians you love? Shins, killers, T Rex, and a whole lot more
7. Do you have a Ben related website? no
8. Favorite member of the five including Ben? Ben
9. Favorite member of Ben's touring band excluding Ben? Jared
10. Have you ever met Ben/had something signed by Ben? How many times? I WISH
11. Did you contribute to Crystal's pressie to Ben? no
12. Where did you grow up? Where do you live? London
13. What do you do? (student, profession) Student
14. Farthest you've ever travelled to see BF/F? Not v far
15. How long have you been a BF/F fan? two years
16. Is Ben or BFF your favorite musician/band, or one of many? Favourite
17. Five of your favorite BF/F songs. Underground, Army, Zak and Sara, Theres always someone cooler than you, Fred Jones part 2
18. Males: You want to be Ben, true or false. -
  Females: You want to be Frally, true or false. True :)
19. Your favorite B/FF song at this very moment. ONLY ONE. We all know it could change at any second. hmmmm ... Now? Underground
20. Working on a theory here. Did/do your high school activities include marching band or cheerleading? Any others you care to mention? neither... cant do that stuff at my school.
21. What did you/are you/will you study in college? i'm going to study biology at uni
22. Single? Attached? Married? Kids? attached
23. If you could have dinner with a character from a BF/F song, who would it be? Steve.... sounds like he knows how to have a good time.
24. Why did you choose your screen name? If it's your real name, why did you prefer to use it? name
25. Too many questions in this list or not enough? ?

Offline general_apathy (Chloe)

• now here it is, your moment of zen
« Reply #278 on: August 06, 2008, 11:11:47 AM »
ahem. i think we need to change question 18 for the females...
My new philosophy is that a crappy tape deck somewhere plays a greatest hits collection of strange and tender moments, lost, stranded, and forgotten. I'll meet you there.

Offline Drawed

« Reply #279 on: August 06, 2008, 11:21:54 AM »
ahem. i think someone needs to explain question 11 for many people...
If you can ball like me, it ainít make no difference what team you at

Offline VictimOfAWaterSlide

• We should just have a dance-off.
« Reply #280 on: August 18, 2008, 12:00:40 PM »
1. What was the first BF/F song you ever heard? Brick

2. In what order did you obtain the BF/F CDs you own? W&EA, SfS, RtS, BFL, NBP, TUBoRH, BFF, The Bens, all the Ep's, WASO, Fear of Pop, Way to Normal (Fake)

3. When was the first time you saw BF/F live? Last year at the April 14th(?) show in Columbus, Ohio. Loved it.

4. How many times have you seen BF/F live? Only once. Going again this October to the show with the Louisville Symphony Orchestra. (drool)

5. Most recent show? That one. Haven't been to anything in a while.

6. Other bands or musicians you love: Andrew Bird, Curtis Mayfield, Dave Matthews, Radiohead, Thomas Newman, Marvin Gaye.

7. Do you have a Ben related website? No. This is my resource.

8. Favorite member of the five including Ben? Ben.

9. Favorite member of Ben's touring band excluding Ben? Sam. He became my favorite after the Cologne video.

10. Have you ever met Ben/had something signed by Ben? How many times? No.
11. Did you contribute to Crystal's pressie to Ben? No.
12. Where did you grow up? Where do you live? Georgetown, Ky.

13. What do you do? (student, profession) Freelance graphic designer/videographer

14. Farthest you've ever travelled to see BF/F? Not very far. 4 hours.

15. How long have you been a BF/F fan? 3 years

16. Is Ben or BFF your favorite musician/band, or one of many? I go back and forth. When I hear something new, my love and addiction flares up again. It goes back and forth between him and Andrew Bird.

17. Five of your favorite BF/F songs: 1:Selfless, Cold, and Composed 2:Sentimental Guy 3:Smoke(WASO) 4:Battle of Who Could Care Less 5:Evaporated

18. Males: You want to be Ben, true or false. I kinda look like him.

19. Your favorite B/FF song at this very moment. ONLY ONE. We all know it could change at any second. Hiroshima. How could you not love this song?! Just try and not sing the chorus! It's impossible.

20. Working on a theory here. Did/do your high school activities include marching band or cheerleading? Any others you care to mention? Nope.

21. What did you/are you/will you study in college? Didn't go, and look at me...I'm kickbutt.

22. Single? Attached? Married? Kids? Single.

23. If you could have dinner with a character from a BF/F song, who would it be? Acid-trip, born-again Christian guy. That guy has got to be a trip to talk to.

24. Why did you choose your screen name? If it's your real name, why did you prefer to use it? As you can see above, I enjoy the story of that song, and I would like to represent the unsung fatality of his "awakening".

25. Too many questions in this list or not enough? You keep on asking, I'll keep coming up with stuff.
~whoa~whoa~whoa~

Offline kingrikk (Kirk)

• I want to be Kirk.
« Reply #281 on: August 18, 2008, 12:21:43 PM »
*shrugs* I'm bored...

1. What was the first BF/F song you ever heard? One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces
2. In what order did you obtain the BF/F CDs you own? WAEA, RTS, (BFF, SSSG, NBP, SFS, TUBORM), Fear of Pop, WASO, BFL, Stuff off Wokeupwaytoolate, Way To Normal (Fake). Not sure of the order of the ones in brackets, I bought a lot very quickly
3. When was the first time you saw BF/F live? Manchester, January 2007
4. How many times have you seen BF/F live? Twice
5. Most recent show? Liverpool, July 2008
6. Other bands or musicians you love: (In alphabetical order) The Arrogant Worms, Broken Social Scene, The Brunettes, The Divine Comedy, The Go! Team, The Indelicates, Tom Lehrer, Regina Spektor.
7. Do you have a Ben related website? No.
8. Favorite member of the five including Ben? Ben.
 9. Favorite member of Ben's touring band excluding Ben? Sam. He's a bit mad.
10. Have you ever met Ben/had something signed by Ben? How many times? No.
11. Did you contribute to Crystal's pressie to Ben? No.
12. Where did you grow up? Where do you live? Cambridge, UK, now in Manchester, UK.
13. What do you do? (student, profession) I'm an administrator.
14. Farthest you've ever travelled to see BF/F? Liverpool. That's about an hour on the train. Or rather 2 hours as it got stuck.
15. How long have you been a BF/F fan? Not long enough. Just under 2 years - it feels a lot longer - I don't know how I coped before.
16. Is Ben or BFF your favorite musician/band, or one of many? BF and BFF are by a long way my favourite.
17. Five of your favorite BF/F songs: Not in any order and I love many more. Kate, OAD, Philosophy, Zak and Sara, Where's Summer B?
18. Males: You want to be Ben, true or false. I wish I could play the piano like that.
19. Your favorite B/FF song at this very moment. ONLY ONE. We all know it could change at any second. I'm in Cologne. I know I said that wrong.
20. Working on a theory here. Did/do your high school activities include marching band or cheerleading? Any others you care to mention? No...
21. What did you/are you/will you study in college? Is that University? Computer Science with Business and Management.
22. Single? Attached? Married? Kids? Single.
23. If you could have dinner with a character from a BF/F song, who would it be? Kate. I already sing every time I meet someone called Kate.
24. Why did you choose your screen name? If it's your real name, why did you prefer to use it? The full reasons are lost in the mists of time. But Rikk is an anagram of Kirk (which is my real name). Why do I use it? I dunno, some places lend themselves to a screen name, some to a real name. Depends on the vibe of the place really. It's not as if I'm hiding - a quick search will link to the real me.
25. Too many questions in this list or not enough? Just right.

Offline greyseal

« Reply #282 on: September 26, 2008, 10:09:44 PM »
Crystal's pressie to Ben was a present that Crystal put together for Ben before she was to see him at a taping of some show or other in Australia.  If memory serves.

Hi!  I'm greyseal.  I used to post here sometimes, as evidence by page 1 of this post.
tell me greyseal, how does it feel?  ~ben folds, 3 dec 2002

My kids are cute at haleblog.tumblr.com

Offline Allison

« Reply #283 on: September 26, 2008, 10:11:29 PM »
Well that's a nice insight. I had wondered what that was since I joined this place.

We should change the question to ask if you've been involved in any burb gift to Ben though. There have been a few now.

Hello greyeal - you're an oldie that's name I recognize. Hello! Or are you a transboardie?
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline greyseal

« Reply #284 on: October 01, 2008, 11:21:21 AM »
Hello greyeal - you're an oldie that's name I recognize. Hello! Or are you a transboardie?

Hope those quote tags still work!

Hi there!  I'm assuming that "transboardie" maybe has to do with coming from .org?  I posted both places, but I think old-timers will agree my heart always belonged to the "red board"!  I used to be pretty involved in the recording/taping world, and maintained an old setlist archive that Andy has updated to something much more functional on this site.  I'm having a nice time reading all these posts, especially since they seem to be more Ben-related than, say, dadaist nonsense you might find elsewhere.

Good to meet you!
tell me greyseal, how does it feel?  ~ben folds, 3 dec 2002

My kids are cute at haleblog.tumblr.com