Slam Book

• 335 Replies

Offline JordanWysong

Re: Slam Book
« Reply #330 on: September 11, 2012, 07:53:07 AM »
1. What was the first BF/F song you ever heard? Either Zak and Sara or Selfless, Cold and Composed
2. In what order did you obtain the BF/F CDs you own? Reinhold Messner, Rockin' the Suburbs, Whatever and Ever Amen, Songs for Silverman, Way to Normal, S/T, Lonely Avenue, and finally TSOTLOTM
3. When was the first time you saw BF/F live? June 22, 2007
4. How many times have you seen BF/F live? Once, until the 23rd.
5. Most recent show? It will be September 23, 2012 in Dallas
6. Other bands or musicians you love The Beatles, Back, Cake, Flight of the Conchords, Logan Whitehurst, Reel Big Fish
7. Do you have a Ben related website? no
8. Favorite member of the five including Ben? Either Ben or Darren
9. Favorite member of Ben's touring band excluding Ben? Jared
10. Have you ever met Ben/had something signed by Ben? How many times? Unfortunately, no
11. Did you contribute to Crystal's pressie to Ben? No
12. Where did you grow up? Where do you live? DFW area in Texas, still live there
13. What do you do? (student, profession) student
14. Farthest you've ever travelled to see BF/F? One city over
15. How long have you been a BF/F fan? Since 2004 or so
16. Is Ben or BFF your favorite musician/band, or one of many? Ben Folds Five is indeed my favorite band
17. Five of your favorite BF/F songs Zak and Sara, Selfless, Cold and Composed, Missing the War, Tom & Mary, and Annie Waits
18. Males: You want to be Ben, true or false. Uh, I guess so
  Females: You want to be Frally, true or false.
19. Your favorite B/FF song at this very moment. ONLY ONE. We all know it could change at any second. Away When You Were Here or Draw a Crowd
20. Working on a theory here. Did/do your high school activities include marching band or cheerleading? Any others you care to mention? I did band in middle school, but nothing interesting in High School
21. What did you/are you/will you study in college? Hopefully
22. Single? Attached? Married? Kids? Single
23. If you could have dinner with a character from a BF/F song, who would it be? Good question
24. Why did you choose your screen name? If it's your real name, why did you prefer to use it?I prefer to use my real name because I'm not original enough to come up with a screen name.
25. Too many questions in this list or not enough? Only on Wednesdays

Offline Cade_Earick687

• Might just be the youngest Ben Folds fan.
« Reply #331 on: April 30, 2016, 09:05:18 AM »
1. What was the first BF/F song you ever heard? Either Brick, or Hiroshima (b-b-b-benny hit his head)
2. In what order did you obtain the BF/F CDs you own? Whatever and Ever Amen, Way to Normal, The Best Imitation of Myself (3CD), The Very Best of Ben Folds Five, So There, So There (Deluxe Edition, Vinyl), and Rockin' the Suburbs (Vinyl)
3. When was the first time you saw BF/F live? April 23, 2015
4. How many times have you seen BF/F live? Once
5. Most recent show? April 23, 2015 in Portland, ME
6. Other bands or musicians you love Ben Kweller, Twenty One Pilots, Colin Hay, Sara Bareilles, Flight of the Conchords, Cake, The Beatles, Keane, and many others
7. Do you have a Ben related website? No
8. Favorite member of the five including Ben? Robert
9. Favorite member of Ben's touring band excluding Ben? Jared
10. Have you ever met Ben/had something signed by Ben? How many times? Never met him/1 autograph from the So There Deluxe Edition on Vinyl
12. Where did you grow up? Where do you live? Grew up in Albuquerque, NM. Live in Rumney, NH
13. What do you do? (student, profession) Middle Schooler 7th grade, work at Plymouth P&R
14. Farthest you've ever travelled to see BF/F? 2 Hours, 30 minutes
15. How long have you been a BF/F fan? 8 Years
16. Is Ben or BFF your favorite musician/band, or one of many? Ben Folds is my favorite musician
17. Five of your favorite BF/F songs Brick, You Don't Know Me, So There, Carrying Cathy, Missing the War (there's more)
18. Males: You want to be Ben, true or false. I guess... maybe?
19. Your favorite B/FF song at this very moment. ONLY ONE. We all know it could change at any second. Gone
20. Working on a theory here. Did/do your high school activities include marching band or cheerleading? Any others you care to mention? Not in high school
21. What did you/are you/will you study in college? I want to study filmmaking/composition
22. Single? Attached? Married? Kids? Attached
23. If you could have dinner with a character from a BF/F song, who would it be? Fred Jones. Duh.
24. Why did you choose your screen name? If it's your real name, why did you prefer to use it? I prefer my real name, so anyone could look me up online
25. Too many questions in this list or not enough? Just right

Offline AmateurHour1999

« Reply #332 on: April 30, 2016, 06:09:50 PM »
1. What was the first BF/F song you ever heard? Hiroshima (B B B Benny Hit His Head)
2. In what order did you obtain the BF/F CDs you own? WtN, TSotLotM, BF5, WaEA, RtS. I have all of them digitally.
3. When was the first time you saw BF/F live? 9/28/2012 @ Starlight Theater in Kansas City
4. How many times have you seen BF/F live? Twice, (aka not enough)
5. Most recent show? 6/7/14 @ Pinewood Bowl Theater in Lincoln
6. Other bands or musicians you love The Beatles/Anything Paul McCartney/Wings, The Who, David Bowie
7. Do you have a Ben related website? No, but I have my profile on thesuburbs!
8. Favorite member of the five including Ben? Ben!
9. Favorite member of Ben's touring band excluding Ben? Sam Smith (drummer)
10. Have you ever met Ben/had something signed by Ben? How many times? No  :(
12. Where did you grow up? Where do you live? Omaha, NE, still here
13. What do you do? (student, profession) High Schooler :(
14. Farthest you've ever travelled to see BF/F? Kansas City
15. How long have you been a BF/F fan? 5 years
16. Is Ben or BFF your favorite musician/band, or one of many? Behind only Paul McCartney
17. Five of your favorite BF/F songs Do it Anyway, Where's Summer B, Rent a Cop, Carrying Cathy, Uncle Walter
18. Males: You want to be Ben, true or false. True
19. Your favorite B/FF song at this very moment. ONLY ONE. We all know it could change at any second. Yes Man
20. Working on a theory here. Did/do your high prison activities include marching band or cheerleading? Any others you care to mention? Nope
21. What did you/are you/will you study in college? Industrial Design and Journalism
22. Single? Attached? Married? Kids? Single af
23. If you could have dinner with a character from a BF/F song, who would it be? Saskia Hamilton
24. Why did you choose your screen name? If it's your real name, why did you prefer to use it? It's my year of birth, and the fact that when I joined I was an amateur pianist
25. Too many questions in this list or not enough? Not Enough!
I see that there is evil, and I know that there is good, and the in-betweens are never understood!

Offline Sutter

• Blue Skies in Ditmas
« Reply #333 on: May 17, 2017, 06:17:04 AM »
1. What was the first BF/F song you ever heard? The Bitch Went Nuts
2. In what order did you obtain the BF/F CDs you own? Way to Normal, Songs for Silverman, Reinhold Messner, Whatever and Ever, Ben Folds Five, Rockin' the Suburbs, the Sound of the Life of the Mind, So There
3. When was the first time you saw BF/F live? April 2014, Princeton NJ
4. How many times have you seen BF/F live? 5 - 3 solo, 2 with yMusic
5. Most recent show? with yMusic in Huntington NY, November 2015
6. Other bands or musicians you love Elton John, Billy Joel, the Beatles, the Beach Boys, Simon & Garfunkel, Laura Nyro, Huey Lewis
7. Do you have a Ben related website? Nope, though I tried to make a BF-themed Tumblr called sports-and-wine
8. Favorite member of the five including Ben? Uhh... Robert
9. Favorite member of Ben's touring band excluding Ben? No idea
10. Have you ever met Ben/had something signed by Ben? How many times? Nope, but I did talk to him from the front row a few times
11. Did you contribute to Crystal's pressie to Ben? No, I'm a bit late to the party
12. Where did you grow up? Where do you live? Long Island, NY
13. What do you do? (student, profession) Three days away from graduation, about to start looking for an IT job
14. Farthest you've ever travelled to see BF/F? Princeton, NJ
15. How long have you been a BF/F fan? Four years
16. Is Ben or BFF your favorite musician/band, or one of many? One of many
17. Five of your favorite BF/F songs Silver Street, Where's Summer B, Magic, Don't Change Your Plans, Sports and Wine
18. Males: You want to be Ben, true or false. Ehh... I envy his songwriting ability, but false
  Females: You want to be Frally, true or false. This is an awkward question in 2017, isn't it?
19. Your favorite B/FF song at this very moment. ONLY ONE. We all know it could change at any second. Ah crap. Sports and Wine
20. Working on a theory here. Did/do your high school activities include marching band or cheerleading? Any others you care to mention? Yes, I was the drum major of the marching band, played euphonium, tuba, a little trombone, some jazz, was involved in theatre including musical theatre, etc
21. What did you/are you/will you study in college? IT with a minor in music
22. Single? Attached? Married? Kids? Attached, no kids
23. If you could have dinner with a character from a BF/F song, who would it be? Hmm... Zak and Sara
24. Why did you choose your screen name? If it's your real name, why did you prefer to use it? it's my real name, it's what everyone called me in high school
25. Too many questions in this list or not enough? I thought too many but I'd be willing to answer more

Offline PonchoRavioli

« Reply #334 on: June 05, 2017, 11:34:33 PM »

1. What was the first BF/F song you ever heard? Brick
2. In what order did you obtain the BF/F CDs you own? WAEA, Self Titled, Naked Baby Photos, Everything else in chronological order of release.
3. When was the first time you saw BF/F live? June 1997
4. How many times have you seen BF/F live? 55
5. Most recent show?  Columbus Symphony April 2016
6. Other bands or musicians you love
Beatles, Guster, Jukebox the Ghost
7. Do you have a Ben related website?  No
8. Favorite member of the five including Ben?  Ben
9. Favorite member of Ben's touring band excluding Ben? Lindsey
10. Have you ever met Ben/had something signed by Ben? How many times? Yes, 6 times
12. Where did you grow up? Where do you live? Cleveland
13. What do you do? (student, profession) Production Manager
14. Farthest you've ever travelled to see BF/F? Baltimore from Cleveland
15. How long have you been a BF/F fan? 20 years
16. Is Ben or BFF your favorite musician/band, or one of many? My favorite
17. Five of your favorite BF/F songs  I'm not the man, battle of who could care less, evaporated, mess, sentimental guy
18. Males: You want to be Ben, true or false.   false
19. Your favorite B/FF song at this very moment. ONLY ONE. We all know it could change at any second.  I'm not the man
20. Working on a theory here. Did/do your high school activities include marching band or cheerleading? Any others you care to mention? Nope
21. What did you/are you/will you study in college?  Business
22. Single? Attached? Married? Kids? Single, no kids.
23. If you could have dinner with a character from a BF/F song, who would it be? Morgan Davis
24. Why did you choose your screen name?  Fictional character I created.
25. Too many questions in this list or not enough?  Just enough.

Offline Bruno

• Singer/Songwriter/Ben Folds Fan
« Reply #335 on: June 06, 2017, 07:55:39 AM »
1. What was the first BF/F song you ever heard? Zak and Sara
2. In what order did you obtain the BF/F CDs you own? Songs for Silverman, Ben Folds Five, Whatever and Ever Amen, Rockin' the Suburbs, The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner, Super Sunny Speed Graphic, the LP, Way to Normal, Lonely Avenue, The Sound of the Life of the Mind, So There.
3. When was the first time you saw BF/F live? May 2006 - Niagara Falls, NY
4. How many times have you seen BF/F live? 3- 2 solo, 1 with yMusic
5. Most recent show? with yMusic in NC in 2015
6. Other bands or musicians you love? Billy Joel, The Beatles, The Lilac Time, Steven Page, Todd Rundgren, Gabriel-Era Genesis, Hotel Lights!
7. Do you have a Ben related website? I do not.
8. Favorite member of the five including Ben? Probably Ben, but Darren is nipping at his heels.
9. Favorite member of Ben's touring band excluding Ben? Lindsay
10. Have you ever met Ben/had something signed by Ben? How many times? Once, in Niagara Falls.
11. Did you contribute to Crystal's pressie to Ben? No, I'm a newbie.
12. Where did you grow up? Where do you live? Jamestown, NY
13. What do you do? (student, profession) I'm a logistics and equipment manager for a live-streaming tech company... I'm also a singer/songwriter.
14. Farthest you've ever travelled to see BF/F? Wilmington, NC... I lived in NC at the time though.
15. How long have you been a BF/F fan? Sixteen Years
16. Is Ben or BFF your favorite musician/band, or one of many? One of many
17. Five of your favorite BF/F songs Lullabye, Boxing, Piano Concerto, Hold The Thought, Missing the War.
18. Males: You want to be Ben, true or false. False... but I'd love to be able to play piano half as good as Ben.
19. Your favorite B/FF song at this very moment. ONLY ONE. We all know it could change at any second. So There
20. Working on a theory here. Did/do your high school activities include marching band or cheerleading? Any others you care to mention? I taught myself how to play an array of instruments in high school, focusing mostly on piano. I started writing songs early on. I took music theory classes and I was in an a cappella choir.
21. What did you/are you/will you study in college? I studied audio production and music.
22. Single? Attached? Married? Kids? Married, no kids.
23. If you could have dinner with a character from a BF/F song, who would it be? Steven... he sounds like he's got some stories.
24. Why did you choose your screen name? If it's your real name, why did you prefer to use it? It's a nickname that has kind taken the place of my first name.
25. Too many questions in this list or not enough? Just the right amount.