Slam Book

• 335 Replies

Offline Jane_Be_Jane

• I'm better that way...
Slam Book
« on: January 05, 2002, 11:44:36 PM »
Ever fill one of these out in school? I used to make really, really thick ones (imagine me getting carried away with an idea, huh) and pass them around school. I wonder what ever happened to them - doesn't seem like the kind of thing I would have thrown away.

Anyway... copy the text below and paste into a post with your answers.  Like you had something more important to do.  Once again, I am outwardly encouraging all lurkers to participate! (We are not mean people; we will only tar and feather you if you're a total A-hole.)

1. What was the first BF/F song you ever heard?
2. In what order did you obtain the BF/F CDs you own?
3. When was the first time you saw BF/F live?
4. How many times have you seen BF/F live?
5. Most recent show?
6. Other bands or musicians you love
7. Do you have a Ben related website?
8. Favorite member of the five including Ben?
9. Favorite member of Ben's touring band excluding Ben?
10. Have you ever met Ben/had something signed by Ben? How many times?
11. Did you contribute to Crystal's pressie to Ben?
12. Where did you grow up? Where do you live?
13. What do you do? (student, profession)
14. Farthest you've ever travelled to see BF/F?
15. How long have you been a BF/F fan?
16. Is Ben or BFF your favorite musician/band, or one of many?
17. Five of your favorite BF/F songs
18. Males: You want to be Ben, true or false.
  Females: You want to be Frally, true or false.
19. Your favorite B/FF song at this very moment. ONLY ONE. We all know it could change at any second.
20. Working on a theory here. Did/do your high school activities include marching band or cheerleading? Any others you care to mention?
21. What did you/are you/will you study in college?
22. Single? Attached? Married? Kids?
23. If you could have dinner with a character from a BF/F song, who would it be?
24. Why did you choose your screen name? If it's your real name, why did you prefer to use it?
25. Too many questions in this list or not enough?

Offline Sarah

Re: Slam Book
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2002, 12:05:19 AM »
1. What was the first BF/F song you ever heard? Brick.. on MTV..  
2. In what order did you obtain the BF/F CDs you own? In order of release
3. When was the first time you saw BF/F live? In Philly in 99
4. How many times have you seen BF/F live? Ben folds Five 3 times, Ben folds alone one time
5. Most recent show? Avalon in Boston
6. Other bands or musicians you love.. Pearl Jam!
7. Do you have a Ben related website? Yes.. please don't ask me what happened to it.. It sorta died.. (Hey! I tried people)
8. Favorite member of the five including Ben? Ben
9. Favorite member of Ben's touring band excluding Ben? I love the drummer
10. Have you ever met Ben/had something signed by Ben? How many times? I met ben.. I have a photograph of us with our arms around each other.. I have all my cd's signed.. I have a bass pic from Robert, and a drum stick from Darren
11. Did you contribute to Crystal's pressie to Ben? No.. I missed it.. Crap!
12. Where did you grow up? Where do you live? I grew up in New Mexico, and In PA.. half and half.. I've also lived in MA, and IL.. I live in PA now
13. What do you do? (student, profession)I'm a student.. I'm going to college next year for Fine Art
14. Farthest you've ever travelled to see BF/F? 6 hours
15. How long have you been a BF/F fan? 4 years
16. Is Ben or BFF your favorite musician/band, or one of many? They are tied for my favorite
17. Five of your favorite BF/F songs.. Underground.. Magic.. Last Polka.. Gone.. Eddie Walker
 Females: You want to be Frally, true or false. So true.. but probably for different reasons.. I LOVE her voice.. I wish I sang on gone
19. Your favorite B/FF song at this very moment. ONLY ONE. We all know it could change at any second. Underground
20. Working on a theory here. Did/do your high school activities include marching band or cheerleading? Any others you care to mention? Marching band all the way!
21. What did you/are you/will you study in college? Fine Art
22. Single? Attached? Married? Kids? Spent a wonderful year so far with my boyfriend... his only flaw.. his voice is not nearly as sexy as andy's
23. If you could have dinner with a character from a BF/F song, who would it be? Kate
24. Why did you choose your screen name? If it's your real name, why did you prefer to use it? My screen name on this board is Sarah.. thats me! I wanted people to call me by me.. I guess its simple really
25. Too many questions in this list or not enough? Not enough.. I LOVE these things..

Great Post Jane!
*I changed by not changing at all*

Offline Jane_Be_Jane

• I'm better that way...
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2002, 12:12:03 AM »
1. What was the first BF/F song you ever heard? BRICK

WAEA
BFF/MESSNER (SAME TIME)
NAKED BABY PHOTOS
ARMY SINGLE
FEAR OF POP
TRUTH & RUMORS INTERVIEW CD
RTS (INTERNET)
WAEA (WITH HIDDEN TRACK)
RTS AUSSIE SINGLE
RTS (FOR REAL)
BSIDES EP

3. When was the first time you saw BF/F live? OCT 99

4. How many times have you seen BF/F live? 9

5. Most recent show? June 12, 2002 @ 9:30 Club in DC

6. Other bands or musicians you love: Glen Phillips, Pink Floyd, Velvet Underground, Billy Joel, Phish, Shere, Elliot Smith and so on

YOU KNOW I DO www.benfolds.info

8. Favorite member of the five including Ben? BEN!!

9. Favorite member of Ben's touring band excluding Ben? SNUZZ

10. Have you ever met Ben/had something signed by Ben? How many times? Yes, a few times.

11. Did you contribute to Crystal's pressie to Ben? Yes, I sent a little note.

12. Where did you grow up? Where do you live? Raised in Louisiana, moved to California in 1998, currently in Los Angeles.

13. What do you do? (student, profession) Project Coordinator (& Quality Assurance whatnot) at a software development & consulting co.

14. Farthest you've ever travelled to see BF/F? - Flew 2800 miles to see BFF for the first time and visit my brother for the weekend. Turned out to be the only time I got to see them live and so very worth it. Repeated the same trip in June 2002.

since 1998

Hands down favorite

One Angry Dwarf, The Last Polka, Not The Same, Silver Street, Best Imitiation
(I meant to take this one out and replace it with #19 oops)

True, on the condition that Anna, Kate, and my boyfriend never existed.

19. Your favorite B/FF song at this very moment. ONLY ONE. We all know it could change at any second.
Not The Same (live)

20. Working on a theory here. Did/do your high school activities include marching band or cheerleading? Any others you care to mention?
Yes, cheerleading. Also key club, track, and a bunch of stuff I don't remember.

Psychology

Attached, cohabitating. Met Dec 9, 1994, the week before finals my first semester in college.

23. If you could have dinner with a character from a BF/F song, who would it be?
The guy from Not The Same, on the day before the party

24. Why did you choose your screen name? If it's your real name, why did you prefer to use it?
I really relate to the song. It reminds me to be myself and how I used to not be okay with that.  Plus I like the way it sounds.

? - THAT'S WHY I'M ASKING YOU.

Offline greyseal

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2002, 05:44:16 AM »
1. What was the first BF/F song you ever heard?  "Bad Idea"

2. In what order did you obtain the BF/F CDs you own? self-titled, WAEA, NBP, TUBORM, FOP, AU import TUMBORM, RTS, b-sides.   some singles along the way :)

3. When was the first time you saw BF/F live? When I was 17, I snuck into Moe's in Seattle (1996), using a fake ID that was thoroughly unconvincing.  It never worked again.

4. How many times have you seen BF/F live? BFF=8  BF=12

5. Most recent show? House of Bastards, Anaheim, CA 3/30/02

6. Other bands or musicians you love:  they have other musicians?!  j/k!  Current other faves include: Counting Crows; David Gray; The Replacements; Flaming Lips; Toad the Wet Sprocket/Glen Phillips; elliott smith; Fl. Oz.; early Elton John; Fugazi; Fountains of Wayne

7. Do you have a Ben related website? sort of.  it has turned into one anyway <g>  www.benfoldsweb.com

8. Favorite member of the five including Ben? hmm...define "favorite."  Ben is certainly tops in my book, but Darren always made me laugh, and I loves the boys who make me laugh.

9. Favorite member of Ben's touring band excluding Ben?  Bogios

10. Have you ever met Ben/had something signed by Ben? How many times? Ben signed my FOP, and a picture I had taken with him previously.  I've spoken with him 5 times.

11. Did you contribute to Crystal's pressie to Ben? yes; a note of thanks

12. Where did you grow up? Where do you live? Grew up in Kansas, Alabama, California, Washington, and Illinois.  Currently residing in Seattle, WA.

13. What do you do? (student, profession)  I got a real job, finally.  Systems Administration

14. Farthest you've ever travelled to see BF/F?  according to mapquest.com, 2854.16 miles, from Seattle to NYC.

15. How long have you been a BF/F fan? March 1996 (I remember because that is the same time I saw them live ;))

16. Is Ben or BFF your favorite musician/band, or one of many?  Ben/BFF is unequivically my favorite band, however, those I mentioned above get to hang in my CD players as much as do Ben, Darren, and Robert.

17. Five of your favorite BF/F songs:  Philosophy, Emaline (Triple J version), Selfless, The Last Polka, Not the Same

18. Females: You want to be Frally, true or false.  Ok, I'm not above that :)  Sign me up!

19. Your favorite B/FF song at this very moment. ONLY ONE. We all know it could change at any second.  The Last Polka

20. Working on a theory here. Did/do your high school activities include marching band or cheerleading? Any others you care to mention?  Cheerleading, jazz band, "Natural Helpers", ASB, and I sold my soul to the Honor Society <g>  (did anyone else go through that bizarre induction ceremony?)

21. What did you/are you/will you study in college?  Political Science, Psychology, and I made stunning advances in the science of sleeping with my eyes open.  Graduated 2001.

22. Single? Attached? Married? Kids?  previously newly single, recently attached.  kitten named Dr. Pyser.

23. If you could have dinner with a character from a BF/F song, who would it be? I'd take Ben.  Some of those songs are in the first person, right?

24. Why did you choose your screen name? If it's your real name, why did you prefer to use it?  I've used "greyseal" since I've been on the Internet.  "Grey Seal" is a track from Elton John's album "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road."  I always loved the chorus in that song, "...and tell me grey seal, how does it feel to be so wise?  To see through eyes that only see what's real?"  I don't think I am wise, nor that I truly see what is real.  But I would sure like to.

25. Too many questions in this list or not enough?  Wonderful job, Jane.  :)

tell me greyseal, how does it feel?  ~ben folds, 3 dec 2002

My kids are cute at haleblog.tumblr.com

Offline Andy

• I went because you said you'd be there
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2002, 07:15:04 AM »
  - Underground

- S/T, BOWCCL (1 & 2), WEAEA, Brick (1 & 2), NBP, Army (1 & 2), TUBORM, Army (Radio Promo), Underground (1 & 2), Where's Summer B?, TUBORM (Tour edition), Brick (promo), Underground ('96 release), BOWCCL (Radio Promo), TUBORM (UK promo + book), S/T (Jap), Uncle Walter (German), TUBORM (Digipak), SFTD(Jap), Emaline (Jap), RTS (Album), RtS (Promo), RtS (Single Promo), Rts (Singles 1&2), Annie Waits (Jap Promo)...

Plus a whole bunch I've forgotten about.

- 14th Dec 1999, Royal Albert Hall, Celebrity Box. Muchos fun. Check out the bootleg I got!

- BFF 2 (sob)

5. Most recent show?
  - Dec 18th '99 Manchester

- Counting Crows, Radiohead (earlier), Belle and Sebstian, Gorky's Zygotic Mynci, Bill Bailey, Pavement, The Divine Comedy (earlier), Guster...

- None that anyone visits.

- N/A

- N/A

- Met Ben, Met Frally, Chatted to Rob (for, like ages), got nodded at my Darren. Best moment was making Ben crack up during a song at Manchester. He dribbled everywhere!

- Indeedly!

- England. UK. Jealous?

- Student and professional trivia master.

- To London.

- oohhh... at least 6 years

- Definitely favourite

- Oh! Loads! Philosophy, Alice Childress, Mess, Magic, SFI. You said five favourite, not MOST favourite, didn't you?

- True... aka 'Guilty'

- Oh geez... uhh... Golden Slumbers? no, that was Beatles. Um, Zak and Sara.

- No. Activities? ME? I was never cool in school. Does Chess club count as a sport?

- It's not COLLEGE! It's UNIVERSITY! Electronic Imagin and Media Communication. Yeah, I know. Look it up: www.eimc.brad.ac.uk

- Engaged to entire goddess population of boards. Don't tell my girlfriend Emily though.

- Oh, gawd. Eddie Walker.

- Um, it's my name. It's friendly. I like it.

- What questions?
So smooth you can hear the beard.

Offline Huw

• Hello, he lied.
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2002, 08:47:46 AM »
1. What was the first BF/F song you ever heard? underground

bff
messner
waea
rts

3. When was the first time you saw BF/F live? - don't rub it in..
4. How many times have you seen BF/F live? 0
5. Most recent show? - alright, thats enough...
6. Other bands or musicians you love - Smashing Pumpkins, Queen, Alien Ant Farm, Hundred Reasons, Tom Waits, Elvis, Bumblefoot.
7. Do you have a Ben related website? - nope
8. Favorite member of the five including Ben? - Rubber Sled
9. Favorite member of Ben's touring band excluding Ben? - (shrugs)
10. Have you ever met Ben/had something signed by Ben? How many times? - :(
11. Did you contribute to Crystal's pressie to Ben? - wha?
12. Where did you grow up? Where do you live? - Wales, UK.
13. What do you do? (student, profession) - the scourge of the working man.. a student.
14. Farthest you've ever travelled to see BF/F? - n/a
15. How long have you been a BF/F fan? - 3 years
16. Is Ben or BFF your favorite musician/band, or one of many? - he's up there...
17. Five of your favorite BF/F songs - last polka; alice childress; still fighting it; half asleep; boxing; emaline(yes i know that's 6)
18. Males: You want to be Ben, true or false. -  err. true
19. Your favorite B/FF song at this very moment. ONLY ONE. We all know it could change at any second. - hmm dunno
20. Working on a theory here. Did/do your high school activities include marching band or cheerleading? Any others you care to mention? - i was in the choir, but everyone doing music was given the guilt trip unless we joined in.. i was also in the rugby team..
21. What did you/are you/will you study in college? - multimedia in university..
22. Single? Attached? Married? Kids? - single... (sigh) for the last three years- what's with that?
23. If you could have dinner with a character from a BF/F song, who would it be? - hmmm morgan davis ? he'd have some stories to tell..
24. Why did you choose your screen name? If it's your real name, why did you prefer to use it? - I came up with it on a train going to uni. I was thinking about how Glen Danzig was called the 'evil elvis' and as I have some mean sideburns myself (well, i wish..) i could be hellvis. please don't judge me too hard, i thought it was funny..
25. Too many questions in this list or not enough? - well it took me long enough to answer them... :)

Offline Sebster74

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2002, 09:52:33 AM »
1. What was the first BF/F song you ever heard? BOWCCL

WEAEA-NBP-BFF-TUBORN

3. When was the first time you saw BF/F live? I aint

4. How many times have you seen BF/F live? SHUT IT
]
5. Most recent show?LEAVE ME ALONE

6. Other bands or musicians you love - weezer, Pavement, Stephen Malkmus, Hefner - the list goes on and on

7. Do you have a Ben related website?no

8. Favorite member of the five including Ben? Rob Sledge

9. Favorite member of Ben's touring band excluding Ben?Ben

10. Have you ever met Ben/had something signed by Ben? How many times?NO I AINT
11. Did you contribute to Crystal's pressie to Ben?SOZ NOPE

12. Where did you grow up? Where do you live?BRIGHTON UK

13. What do you do? (student, profession)Student

14. Farthest you've ever travelled to see BF/F? N/A

15. How long have you been a BF/F fan? 3-4yrs

16. Is Ben or BFF your favorite musician/band, or one of many?is my fav

17. Five of your favorite BF/F songs - Last Polka, DCYP, BOWCCL, Underground and Magic
18. Males: You want to be Ben, true or false. - true - AND IM PROUD OF IT

19. Your favorite B/FF song at this very moment. ONLY ONE.  We all know it could change at any second. - Missing the War
20. Working on a theory here. Did/do your high school activities include marching band or cheerleading? Any others you care to mention? - JAZZ BAND AND DID WE SUCK, OR WAS THAT JUST ME?

21. What did you/are you/will you study in college? Music tech, law

22. Single? Attached? Married? Kids? Single

23. If you could have dinner with a character from a BF/F song, who would it be? Kate

24. Why did you choose your screen name? If it's your real name, why did you prefer to use it? Coz Im lazy
A bit too many

Offline Kristina

• And you're all dressed up like The Cure.
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2002, 02:37:48 PM »
  "Brick".

Oh Dear Lord!  I'm not sure.  I'm sure WAEA was fisrt,
  after that it gets all jumbled up in my head.  Too much
  thinking involved in that one.

Philly, Fall of 1999 at Penn.  Or was it Drexel?  Can
  never remember.

BFF=2  BF=1

5. Most recent show?
  TLA, September 12, 2001, in Philly.

6. Other bands or musicians you love.
  Phish, Moe., The Dead, Paul Simon, Frank Sinatra, Tori
  Amos, Ani DiFranco, Frank Zappa, Cat Stevens, Moby, Paul
  Oakenfold, String Cheese Incident, Soulive, Rufus
  Wainwright, Louden Wainwright, the list goes on and on.

No.  I'm technically illiterate.  I'm just happy I can
  use the keyboard.

Oh Jeez.  Ben, I'm sure.  But I always feel like a jerk
  saying Ben because Darren and Robert were so cool.  But
  let's face it, Ben's God.  

Snuzz.  'Nough said.

I have never had anything signed by Ben.  I have this
  thing against autographs.  I think they are weird.  But
  I won't get into that because I respect that some people
  don't share my opinions.  

I may have.  But I can't remember if I was too late or
   not.

I grew up in the beautiful and enchanting town of
   Harveys Lake, Pennsylvania.  The largest natural lake in
   PA.  it used to be a vacation area but in the early
   70's families began winterizing their summer cabins and
   even buiding larger homes around the lake and before we
   knew it, our little vacation spot on the map baceme just
   another quaint little country town now populated by
   doctors and lawyers and one of the chicago bulls.  Can
   never remember his name.  Met him once at the bar I used
   to waitress at (Grotto Pizza.  Perhaps you East Coasters
   may have heard of it.)  Anyway, I grew up there, went
   to school at Temple University in Philly.  And then got
   a job at an art gallery in the worst city in the world,
   Allentown, PA.  But now I'm back home at "the Lake" with
   mommy and looking for an apartment in Philly.  Whew.
   That was long-winded.

. . . to be continued.  (Mine was too long to submit in one post!  ROFL!)

Offline Kristina

• And you're all dressed up like The Cure.
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2002, 02:39:21 PM »
. . .continued from above post.  (sorry so long, guys.  friends?)

Nothing.  I am unemployed.  I am done with college.  
   Until I finally have enough money to go back and get my
   teaching cerification perhaps that's what I'll do.  
   Becacuse they don't call you a "starving artist" for
   nothing.  Trust me.  If you are choosing Fine Art as
   your major, select a strong minor as a backup.  Please.

2 1/2 hours.

4 years or so.  

ROFL.  No.  I hate them.   ;)

1) Annie Waits
   2) Don't Change Your Plans
   3) Eddie Walker
   4) Emaline
   5) Kate
   (Tentatively and randomly.)

18. Females: You want to be Frally, true or false.
   A little of both.  It would be great to wake up to Ben's
   sense of humor, wit, and musical genius every day, but
   at the same time, fame is a scary thing and I don't
   think I would want to marry into that.  Unless, of
   course, we were talking about Matt Damon.  (My second
   and perhaps greater weakness.)

Don't Change Your Plans

Cheerleader.  Field Hockey.  Yes, I was inducted into
   the Honors Society.  I also did theater.  My first love.
   Except maybe ballet.   :'(

Fine Art.  (Pick a strong minor.)

Who knows?  Slightly attached, slightly non.  No kids.
   The B/F and I are moving in together.  But we don't
   like to openly admit we're together.  Why?  Who knows?
   That's why we're great toghether.  We are virtually the
   same.  Right down to our fear of commitment and ability
   to not accept things that everyone else knows.  (That
   we are back together and will be for the rest of our
   funny, dysfunctional existence.  LOL.)

The "stop the bus!" guy from Jackson Canner.  I love
   schizophrenics!

I love my name.  It's a relatively common name with a
   rare twist to it. My mommy carefully chose all of my
   brother's and sisters' names and they all are pretty and
   different.  Besides, I love being me.  And by using a
   different and anonymous name would not be completely
   me.  See?  Perhaps.  

JBJ, I never tire of your "fun stuff."  Hey, how about
   a new website called fubstuffbyjbj.com?  

Offline Daniel

• it often makes no sense at all
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2002, 03:02:44 PM »
Missing the War

Selftitled and WAEA at same time, then Reinhold, then NBP, then the red army UK single, then RtS, then the bsides promo, and finally fear of pop a few days ago.

Still havent :(

if only he/they came near west texas

5. Most recent show?
---

Beatles, TMBG, Rufus Wainwright, Moby, Creed, Third Day

not yet...but something is in the works

Darren Jessee...us drummers got to stick together

havent seen them but from what i hear Jim is really cool

Nope. 0.

No.

West Texas. West Texas.

Senior in High school.  Also do computer graphic design, like making logos and advertisements for people.

---

Since 1999.

Definitely Favorite.

Jackson Cannery, Fair, Missing the War, Narcolepsy, Annie Waits...but thats really just not enough to say my faves...

well thatd be kindda cool, but ill say i dont want to be ben.

yeah it sure could change at any minute...um...lets see...Annie Waits

Nope...we dont have one at our school and nope.  I am in my fourth year in choir and am the president.

Computer Science, Graphic Design probably

Single at press time.

Annie...I feel so sorry for her..so she wouldnt have to wait any more.  She sounds like a nice girl...doesnt deserve her waiting and all... :)

Mr. Cellophane is a character from the musical Chicago...and he sings a really cool song...so there it is.

Just one too many.  Number 25.
I've been kickin' it in the U.S.A.

Offline Jane_Be_Jane

• I'm better that way...
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2002, 06:29:53 PM »
fuB stuff? Great idea, Kristina, but my goal is two-fold:
a) entertain myself
b) support the suburbs message boards

I won't take my patronage elsewhere.  ;)

Offline mrsbenfolds

• making me act all squiggly squee
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2002, 03:08:03 AM »
1. What was the first BF/F song you ever heard?  Brick (we don't have very cultured radiowaves around these parts...or people, for that matter)

2. In what order did you obtain the BF/F CDs you own?  TUBROM, WAEA, ST, NBP, assorted rare BFF mix CD (a friend burned for me), RTS, Army Promo, FOP, BOWCCL single, RTS b-sides EP, The Beginnings, gothic show bootleg, Bowery bootleg

3. When was the first time you saw BF/F live? OCT 11 2001

4. How many times have you seen BF/F live? Once.

5. Most recent show? OCT 11 2001

6. Other bands or musicians you love: Radiohead, Ozomatli, Beck, Dave Matthews Band, Smash Mouth, Weezer, Santana, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd

7. Do you have a Ben related website? COMING SOON: the glasses obsession site

8. Favorite member of the five including Ben? *drools* ben

9. Favorite member of Ben's touring band excluding Ben? Millard! (He signed my birthday card for me...)

10. Have you ever met Ben/had something signed by Ben? How many times? Yup, after the Oct show, I met Ben, compared the size of my hand to his (oh my LORD!), and got him to sign my birthday card.

11. Did you contribute to Crystal's pressie to Ben? Yup -short story inspired by BOWCCL

12. Where did you grow up? Where do you live? Grew up - suburbs of Oakland, CA and suburbs of Portland, OR (where I still live)

13. What do you do? (student, profession) Student

14. Farthest you've ever travelled to see BF/F? I'm only 17, so, I drove to the city (an HOUR...)

15. How long have you been a BF/F fan? 2.5 years

16. Is Ben or BFF your favorite musician/band, or one of many? HECK YEAH!  Ben's THE best.

17. Five of your favorite BF/F songs: BOWCCL, Selfless, Air, Emilia Bright, Mitchell Lane

Females: You want to be Frally, true or false.  hmm...well....true.  I'll confess.

19. Your favorite B/FF song at this very moment. ONLY ONE. We all know it could change at any second. RAINDROPS KEEP FALLIN ON MY HEAD

20. Working on a theory here. Did/do your high school activities include marching band or cheerleading? Any others you care to mention?  Our school is so small we have ONE concert band, no marching band...but I'm in it.  Also in swing club (at the college), Christian Students United, and..well..that's pretty much it.

21. What did you/are you/will you study in college? Will study:  heck I dunno...prolly writing and/or psychology

22. Single? Attached? Married? Kids? Single (who could compete with Ben?)

23. If you could have dinner with a character from a BF/F song, who would it be? Robert Sledge, from "That's Robert Sledge"  (muwahaha)

24. Why did you choose your screen name? If it's your real name, why did you prefer to use it? Well, I wanted a ben-related screen name, and I found out that NO ONE else has this name anywhere, so I took it...here, benfolds.org, AIM, hotmail...
25. Too many questions in this list or not enough?  I like it just how it is, Jane.  *grin*
"[you're] my mrs" ~Ben Folds

Offline Dr_Boni

• Giddy-up, Giddy-up, Let's go!
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2002, 10:40:42 AM »
1. What was the first BF/F song you ever heard? Philosophy, not by the Five, but at my cousin's variety show. It was horrid. But then I listened to the actual song, followed up by For Those Of Y'all... and I was hooked.
2. In what order did you obtain the BF/F CDs you own? S/T, WEAE, RtS single, RtS
3. When was the first time you saw BF/F live? September 9, 2001
4. How many times have you seen BF/F live? 1
5. Most recent show? September 9, 2001 - Pittsburgh
6. Other bands or musicians you love - Dave Matthews Band, Weezer, Alien Ant Farm, Reel Big Fish, They Might Be Giants, Cake
7. Do you have a Ben related website? I help out with some things here
8. Favorite member of the five including Ben? Ben (Sorry DarRob)
9. Favorite member of Ben's touring band excluding Ben? Wow, that's tough. I like them all. Millard's stage presence lacks the most, and that's saying something!
10. Have you ever met Ben/had something signed by Ben? How many times? Yes, once
11. Did you contribute to Crystal's pressie to Ben? Yes, I did.
12. Where did you grow up? Where do you live? I was born in Erie, PA - Spent younger life in Pittsburgh, moved to East Liverpool, Ohio where I am now.
13. What do you do? (student, profession) I'm a high school student
14. Farthest you've ever travelled to see BF/F? One and one half hours
15. How long have you been a BF/F fan? Since 1998
16. Is Ben or BFF your favorite musician/band, or one of many? Favorite
   Not The Same
   Philosophy
   The Last Polka
   Eddie Walker
   Emaline
 I want to be in Ben's position, but I enjoy who I am! Growl....
   Eddie Walker
20. Working on a theory here. Did/do your high school activities include marching band or cheerleading? Any others you care to mention? yes, Marching Band. Also in Jazz Band, Media Club (Announcing athletic events), French Club, and I play in the pit for our school's musicals.
21. What did you/are you/will you study in college? I'm aiming at Music Education.
22. Single? Attached? Married? Kids? Single baby! My priorities are straight! :)
23. If you could have dinner with a character from a BF/F song, who would it be? I was going to say Fred Jones, but he'd probably be really pissy. I'd say Summer B, I mean...Where is she? :)
24. Why did you choose your screen name? If it's your real name, why did you prefer to use it? Oh man...

Everyone always asks me where I got my nickname. Well, I was orignally 'Zamboni' then that evolved to Zambo@Igloo then of course Zambo for novelty reasons. It stayed at 'Zambo' for awhile but a sudden turn of events changed all of that. Jason Karsh, founder of the "Save The Pens Petition" decided it would be different for him to call be 'Boni Baby' one day. Now at first I thought nothing of this. But the next day in the chat, a discussion about DNA led to my being called 'Doc'. So I thought about it..."Hey, yeah...Dr. Boni!" Hence the name. Short enough. Check out Pride of Pittsburgh http://www.prideofpgh.com/ *PLUG* for more!

25. Too many questions in this list or not enough? It's fine.
"Thank you very much Los Angeles. You're really kind when you shouldn't be." http://www.jiggawattz.com

Offline Ben_Folds_Fan

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2002, 11:24:11 AM »
BATTLE OF WHO COULD CARE LESS
WAEA AND EPONYMOUS (4/17/97), NBP, FOP, TUBORM, RTS (downloaded version), SOLANA BEACH BOOTLEG, GOTHIC THEATRE BOOTLEG, RTS (official version), B-SIDES EP, BOWERY BOOTLEG
APRIL 16, 1997, URBAN ART BAR, HOUSTON FOR BFF
JULY 16, 2001, BELLY UP TAVERN, SOLANA BEACH FOR BF
BFF 4, BF 3 (but shoulda been four; damn terrorists)
5. Most recent show?
VERIZON WIRELESS THEATER, HOUSTON 3/8/02
BEATLES, BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN, STEVIE WONDER, JAMES TAYLOR, GARTH BROOKS
NOPE
BEN
SNUZZ
YES, MET ONCE AFTER HOB SHOW. I HAD HIM SIGN MY 9/13/01 TICKET TO THE CANCELLED IRVING PLAZA SHOW THAT MY WIFE AND I DIDN'T GET TO TRAVEL TO.
NOPE
HOUSTON
SELF EMPLOYED
IT'S 1487 MILES FROM HOUSTON TO SOLANA BEACH, BUT I HAD ALREADY PLANNED A TRIP TO CALI BEFORE I KNEW BEN WAS PLAYING THERE (11 MILES FROM HOTEL), SO TECHNICALLY THE ANSWER IS 792 MILES TO ATLANTA IN JUNE 1998.
SINCE 4/16/97
CERTAINLY THE ONE I'M MOST OBSESSED WITH, BUT THE ANSWER TO NUMBER SIX IS PROBABLY ALL EQUAL IN TERMS OF FAVORITISM
EMALINE, UNDERGROUND, BATTLE, GONE, LUCKIEST
WELL, I WAS BORN ON 9/12 LIKE BEN, SPENT FOUR YEARS IN CHAPEL HILL LIKE BEN, WEAR GLASSES LIKE BEN SO SOMETIMES I THINK I'M BEN. BUT NO, I'M HAPPY BEING WHO I AM.
EMALINE
NOPE. HOW DOES YOUR THEORY LOOK JBJ? I WAS NEVER COOL IN SCHOOL, BUT WAS A FINALIST FOR MOST CHANGED AT MY 20 YEAR H.S. REUNION.
B.A. IN RTVMP (BROADCAST JOURNALISM FOCUS) AND SPANISH FROM UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA IN 1982.
MARRIED. TWO KIDS--DAUGHTER, 11 AND SON, 7.
BEN. THE CHARACTER IN THE LUCKIEST.
THIS WAS MY FIRST BOARD OF ANY TYPE TO BE ON, SO I WANTED THE ANONYMITY OF USING A SCREEN NAME. WISH I COULD SAY THAT IT WAS A CLEVER PLAY ON BEN FOLDS FIVE, BUT IT WASN'T. JUST A GOOD GENERIC NAME.
ONE TOO FEW. I WOULD HAVE ADDED THE FOLLOWING: HOW DID YOU FIRST COME TO THE SUBURBS?
During the summer, I was on Kyle's website and he linked to this site as having information and discussion about the internet available RTS. And I've been here ever since.

Offline Kenny

• kennyjaworski.com
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2002, 08:10:05 PM »
One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces...the same night a friend bought WAEA as a birthday present, she had a hunch I'd enjoy it.
WAEA, debut, NBP, Messner, gift of downloaded RtS cd
Valentine's Day 98
Four
5. Most recent show?
Dec 1
hmm, go look at oad200's profile on benfolds.org, sorry, too many to list or think of on the spot (I'm oad200, of course)
no
while I think Darren and Robert are both awesome and WAAAAY too overlooked for their contributions (we wouldn't be listening to Ben's music if it weren't for them, I very strongly believe), Ben wrote most everything with them, so...
JIM...I don't think people realize who very, very good he is on the drums
Yeah, once
no
St. Louis, both questions
I guess I'll say I'm a student trying to reconcile more and more opportunities to do more things with the music I'm making
190 miles or so
little more than 3 1/2 years
I'd definitely into what Ben's doing these days, but BEN FOLDS FIVE remains my favorite band of recent times
My top five: One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces, Kalamazoo, Jackson Cannery, Boxing, Don't Change Your Plans
false, but you gotta love the bloke  ;)
my favorite BF/F song in ANY moment is One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces
no, but I was dragged into joining choir simply b/c a friend wanted to see me play guitar in the choir annual fundraiser show.  Did some theatre, too, I was one of a two-person one-act...if any of this goes with your theory, Jane...
studying music
sorta single
Sara might be quite an interesting one
GOOD QUESTION...I picked my first name b/c I felt like it was the appropriate thing to do, seeing as how Ben Folds (Five)'s music has been a personal thing in my life.  I felt it would be somehow dishonest to come up with some silly nickname, and I saw that Andy and Emily were just using their first names as well
I think this is fine!   :)
it'll put your mind more at ease if you say the words of release...