Announcement: Uploading/Downloading Transcriptions

• 0 Replies

Offline Andy

• I went because you said you'd be there
Announcement: Uploading/Downloading Transcriptions
« on: May 07, 2004, 07:10:46 AM »
Hey all,

Welcome to the Transcription Board! There's no doubting why you're here... to get some wicked Ben transcriptions!

Here's a couple of pointers for all you would-be Bens out there:

Downloading
The best way to download any of the transcriptions posted is by right-clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As..." (or equivalent in your browser).
This will get around some restrictions where files hosted on free webspace appear to be broken links, and stop files like midis from playing in the browser instead of downloading.

Please do not post about broken links before trying this!

Uploading
If you have made a Ben transcription that you want to share, be it a midi, PDF, NWC or whatever, you don't need your own space to upload it.
All registered members can attach these files with their posts, and the link will automatically be generated.
Simply click on 'Browse' at the bottom of the new post page, and select the file on your hard drive. When you post, the file will be uploaded to the burbs and linked to your post. If you have more than one file to upload, just reply to your original post and attach it to that.
This will help prevent things like files moving around, going out of date, and the annoying geocities/tripod hotlink palava.

The maximum file upload size is currently 100k, which should be enough. If you need it increasing, drop me a line via email or PM and I'll sort it out.

Enjoy the transcriptions, and my ongoing thanks to all those who have produced them for us!

~A

EDIT: By request, file size is now 200k.
So smooth you can hear the beard.