Chords for New Stuff

• 2 Replies

Offline FlyZguy

• I'm still fighting it
Chords for New Stuff
« on: April 19, 2003, 08:44:30 PM »
for those of you with the three Mp3's of Ben's new stuff, have any of you tried to figure it out?  I really liked his second untitled track, the one that he says he'll start the album with.  I've playing a rough version of it and wanted to know if anyone else has attempted?  Here's what I've got so far:

For the intro scales and chords I need help.

Then the part that sounds like the

La Da Da Da
La Da Da Da
Aint got no words 'yall

which is sung later on, is played with chords intitially.

The thumping bass note he's playing is an F I believe, then you just play these two note chords for the La's and Da's over that F:

CG CG CF CF
La Da Da Da
CG CG CF CF
La Da Da Da
CG   CF  CE CD     C
Aint got no words 'yall

the Bass note switches to a B flat somewhere in there.

Hrmm, ??? well I don't know if this actualy helps but I'm having fun playing it right now and am too lazy to put up the rest of the song cause I'm not sure how to describe it, except the other major Bass Notes are the trill up to an A, and then Bflat again and then C and then back to A

The thread is started, someone who knows what they're doing can clean up here ;)
I use way #345 to hide my redneck past.

Offline FlyZguy

• I'm still fighting it
Re: Chords for New Stuff
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 11:35:38 PM »
I just about burst into tears the other day when I had my first listen of the title track of "so there" with ymusic.  This catchy tune, which I've been playing all these years, finally escaped Ben's head and like a phoenix and came to life in beautiful form!  Does anyone have an old mp3 of the original "aint got no words yall" from a live show?

Offline FlyZguy

• I'm still fighting it
Re: Chords for New Stuff
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 11:42:49 PM »
http://wokeupwaytoolate.com/filedump/Solo%20Tracks/30%20Ain't%20Got%20No%20Words.mp3

Here is the original that got me going all that time ago - thanks to Allison for hosting!