I Can't Wait... Here's Why

• 3 Replies

Offline Jane_Be_Jane

• I'm better that way...
I Can't Wait... Here's Why
« on: February 27, 2002, 02:43:21 AM »
"It's my first real solo tour; it's just going to be me, a van and a piano." Folds' solo tour will be the first time he's revisited the Fiveís material during his regular set-list since the bandís break up. (Folds' encores during the two fall tours consisted of him at the piano playing audience requests.) He said, "With the encore sets, I donít need a set-list, because whatever someone wants to hear, I can play it."

Listeners shouldn't expect to hear a set-list of new material; rest assured, he'll be playing all kinds of songs. "Anything goes, unless its something I really don't feel like I'm inspired to play at that moment, or its something that really doesnít make sense at the piano," he said.

- The Michigan Daily

AND

"All of my old songs and everything I've ever written, I'm just playing them at the piano and realizing that they're giving me the same chill that caused them to be written in the first place," he says.

- Billboard

AND

Beginning tonight (Feb. 25) at University of Iowa and running until March 31 in Solana Beach, Calif., Folds and his trusty piano will be going at it alone in what amounts to a relaxed, no setlist, "Storyteller" sort of affair. With fan interaction encouraged, the North Carolina native and current Australian resident says he's driven by inspiration to open up his songbook and play whatever comes to mind.

- Billboard

AND

In a statement, Folds said that the foundation for his first solo tour was laid with a recent performance at New York's Bowery Ballroom. "I had a set list that was planned," Folds said. "But by the time the show was finished and I looked at what I had actually played, it had nothing to do with what I had planned. To me, that's the best kind of show."

- Live Daily

Offline Ben_Folds_Fan

Re: I Can't Wait... Here's Why
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2002, 11:01:55 AM »
Me neither. Woohoo!!!!!!!

Offline greyseal

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2002, 06:22:14 PM »
What an inspiring 'lil collection of snippets from the Article Achivist herself.

~g, beside herself  ;D
tell me greyseal, how does it feel?  ~ben folds, 3 dec 2002

My kids are cute at haleblog.tumblr.com

Offline god_of_fever

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2002, 03:27:04 AM »
wow... that was alot of "ands". god, i'm excited...