California Dreamin'

• 22 Replies

Offline Jane_Be_Jane

• I'm better that way...
California Dreamin'
« on: March 26, 2002, 11:27:26 AM »
Doors open in 36 hours and 2 minutes... but who's counting?  ;)  

Will I even make it? The last day has been really hectic. I think 'PFF' will be too exhausted to go, which is ok because maybe I can leave straight from work.  No idea how I will get there.  Especially no idea how I will get home.  Don't really care!  Doubtful I can get rid of my extra ticket since it's will call.  Oh well.  Save me a place near the stage, G!  ;D

Offline greyseal

Re: California Dreamin'
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2002, 12:18:32 PM »
LOL, that sounds like me!  I'm taking a taxi to the venue, but as far as getting to Eric's?  It's anybody's guess!  I should probably figure that out at some point ;)

~g
tell me greyseal, how does it feel?  ~ben folds, 3 dec 2002

My kids are cute at haleblog.tumblr.com

Offline Jane_Be_Jane

• I'm better that way...
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2002, 12:50:32 PM »
Oh, details shmetails! Worse case scenario, we sleep at the venue, and we're there really early for Thursday!  ;)

Offline greyseal

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2002, 01:01:17 PM »
Wow, we could take a few lessons from those guys outside the Cinerama in Seattle, waiting for Episode II.  They've been there since...January?

~g, packing her tent  ;)

Offline Jane_Be_Jane

• I'm better that way...
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2002, 01:07:52 PM »
Hee! Those losers.  I mean, don't they know they're in line for the wrong thing?  ::) Actually, Episode II will probably kick Episode I's butt, but I think I can wait until the crowds die down.  But who am I to criticize anyone for doing what make them happy? Freaks.  ;)

JBJ, leaving now to buy the best tent available

Offline Chanting Mantis

• Bubble Boy
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2002, 02:02:40 PM »
you guys should give me your cell phone # so I can share in your waiting anticipation ;D

Rome

< wishing he was really really rich right now>

Offline Jane_Be_Jane

• I'm better that way...
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2002, 02:30:03 PM »
Sure thing! Grey's probably a better bet for waiting anticipation since I'll be racing in from work... but on Saturday we'll be early, and I have free weekend minutes!  ;D  Interested in a cellcast of your own, Rome?  :) Why don't you send me your number (and a name would be good)?

Offline greyseal

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2002, 04:02:23 PM »
Yeah!  I have a cell phone, but no extra battery.  We can cellcast some of it at least!  I would have cell-casted Portland or Seattle, but I thought Rome was not fond of crappy sound experiences <g>

~g

Offline Chanting Mantis

• Bubble Boy
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2002, 04:04:18 PM »
Damn...You don't know how much I would love that. I think Kate is going to kill me if I start singing Emaline in the shower again  ;D

"why don't you ever sing my song"...hehehe

I'm sorry to say that I will be at a huge birthday bash on Saturday. Should be really really fun...but not as fun as ben  :)  Maybe we can chat while you guys are in line? Just for grins. I'll send you my #.

Oh...and Oooo baby, my "Name"  ;D

Love,

Mystery man  :-*

Offline Andy

• I went because you said you'd be there
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2002, 04:14:09 PM »
Fancy cellcasting to an overseas mobile? Mwahahaha!

Andy
So smooth you can hear the beard.

Offline Dr_Boni

• Giddy-up, Giddy-up, Let's go!
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2002, 04:47:16 PM »
My parents went to a blues club over the weekend and called me from there so I could hear the band.

Let me tell you, you ain't heard the blues until you've heard them through a cell phone. :)
"Thank you very much Los Angeles. You're really kind when you shouldn't be." http://www.jiggawattz.com

Offline Jane_Be_Jane

• I'm better that way...
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2002, 05:24:38 PM »
hehehhee.  I didn't say I had international minutes, Andy.  

Rome, it's kind of funny that both of our SO's are in Ben songs.  Is your Kate anything like Ben's Kate? Because my Walter is very much like Uncle Walter, except he rarely drinks, and I don't mind being left alone with him.  ;D But what a perfect world this world would be if he was President.  ::)

YAY, I'm getting so excited! It's nearly impossible to work. (Meh...)

Offline Chanting Mantis

• Bubble Boy
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2002, 06:34:55 PM »

Rome, it's kind of funny that both of our SO's are in Ben songs.  Is your Kate anything like Ben's Kate? Because my Walter is very much like Uncle Walter, except he rarely drinks, and I don't mind being left alone with him.  ;D But what a perfect world this world would be if he was President.

Ummm...Sorta. She doesn't smoke pot. Not for quite a few years anyway  ;) Plus I can think of many times when she gets wet.  :P

Aww...man I'm just sick.

Offline greyseal

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2002, 08:57:31 PM »
Boy, I leave for a few hours, and look what happens!  Fun stuff!  Gawsh, what a crazy busy day.  I think I may be here all night.  And I won't even get overtime for it  :P

Whatever, I couldn't care less!  I'm seeing BEN TOMORROW!!!!!!!!

Ben, (<---aping JBJ)
~g

Offline Jane_Be_Jane

• I'm better that way...
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2002, 09:39:37 PM »
I may be here all night too, though I am not working (and definitely not getting overtime for it).  I am waiting for a ride and cursing my suddenly unpredictable schedule and transportation (or lack thereof).

I don't know quite how, but I'm seeing Ben tomorrow too. Greyseal, I got so excited I called your cell phone a whole day early.  You sound nothing like I thought, whatever that was.  Anyway, check your voice mail.  ;D

JBJ, freak