California Dreamin'

• 22 Replies

Offline greyseal

Re: California Dreamin'
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2002, 03:58:03 AM »
Wow!  So, like, I sound just like what "Mystery Man" Roame thought, and nothing like what JBJ thought.  We need a tiebreaker.  I'm supposed to call Doug K tomorrow from the show, so we'll have to see if he's been sitting around, imagining what I might sound like on the phone  ;D

Wait, you know, the first person I ever talked to was Andy via Netmeeting.  Andy?  

~g, trying to stay awake for (no, not Ben, because I have weak-ass cable) Elton John

tell me greyseal, how does it feel?  ~ben folds, 3 dec 2002

My kids are cute at haleblog.tumblr.com

Offline Jane_Be_Jane

• I'm better that way...
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2002, 01:37:22 PM »
*sigh*

I'm trying to work really hard, hoping the day will go faster.  It's not helping.  I've done all the easy things on my list, and now I just have this list of stuff that actually requires concentration.

I can say, however, that pre-show excitement is a good wake up call. We don't remember our alarm going off this morning, so we overslept by a few minutes, but as soon as my eyes opened I was wide awake.  That never ever happens.

~JBJ, suffering from pre-concert butterflies.  (You'd think I was the one performing)

Offline Jane_Be_Jane

• I'm better that way...
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2002, 11:45:05 AM »
Hell yeah!! Woo!  ;D

What a fun time. I don't have a lot of time to post right now, though Lord knows I'll probably find more time to do this than work today.  I'll have to give a detailed report sometime waaaaaaaaaay after the fact, but here's a few tidbits...

- He mentioned Purple Haze, and Grey and I screamed one right after the other, "Play it, Play it!" which he did, though only the first verse again.  I can't stress how much this rocks.
- The philosophy/pyser thing is awesome.
- We had a pretty good spot on the left, though not as good as we would have liked due to a backpack, a rule, two freaked out girls (oh that's us) and a beaurocratic venue.  ;)
- I met "Kingweasle" aka Chris and his friend Greg, which was really cool.  Kingweasle showed Ben his WAEA tattoo and said he needed to have it finished but it was so painful, and Ben said that's ok because making the album was painful too.  ;D
- Ben mentioned another high school song, something like Latonia is sucking [so and so]'s dick.  LOL Very funny.
- I got a picture with Ben. A glasses picture.  A glasses and little green hat picture.  *swoon* And one with Greyseal, Ben, and me.  Currently resisting the urge to have film developed immediately.

Anyway, more later... you know I could go on forever.  I am just left with the overall impression that the reason why I like Ben so much, in addition to the EXCELLENT music, is his sense of humor (we knew that) and that he is just so freaking normal.  He's the most unassuming, gracious person (which is not to say that I can utter anything but nonsense in this presence). *sigh*

~JBJ

PS - Hanging out with Greyseal was awesome, though I'm not surprised in the slightest. She's f*cking cool.

Offline Emily

• "Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2002, 02:01:25 PM »
did you give him the shirt? or was tonight not the night?
If it wasn't for time, everything would happen at once.
     -Calum

Offline Ben_Folds_Fan

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2002, 03:10:28 PM »
Cool. 8)
Setlist?

Offline Jane_Be_Jane

• I'm better that way...
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2002, 04:49:00 PM »
Guess you got it already. Hmmph. After Grey went to the trouble to call me and I wrote it down.   :-/  ;)
Oh well. As long as the public is served.

I'll have to let Grey tell you about it, but Ben totally noticed that they had the same shoes!  :D How cool is that?

Em, Saturday night is the T-shirt night.

Offline Jane_Be_Jane

• I'm better that way...
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2002, 02:15:49 AM »
Just remembered a few tidbits from Wednesday night after the show. I hope I'm leaving the sudden lurker Greyseal something to post.

Chris/Kingweasle would probably want to post about these, but apparently he doesn't have a computer anymore.  Anyway, Chris has a WAEA logo tattoo on his back. (I got a picture of it, but I think you know that sad story. I'll try again on Saturday.) It's huge.  A girl was showing Ben her rather small tattoo, so he showed Ben his.  Chris said, "I need to get it finished, but it was so painful," and Ben replied, "The album was really painful to make too."  ;D

Someone asked Ben, "When you're writing, do you usually start with a chord or a melody?"  The answer was, "Melody. Definitely a melody."

There was more, but my head hurts, and my boyfriend wants to watch a DVD on the PC.  Night!

Offline greyseal

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2002, 04:11:57 AM »
My esteemed host just asked if I was going to stop typing soon, so I best save my memories to post all at once.  JBJ, just keep posting whatever you remember, because lord knows my memory is toast.  

I will mention that yes, Ben noticed we have the same shoes.  And I DO want to stress that is ENTIRELY BY COINCIDENCE.  But he put his foot up next to mine to compare and everything!  HEE!

And, um, what else?  Oh yeah, I'm turning into a chainsmoker <g>

~g, easily corruptible
tell me greyseal, how does it feel?  ~ben folds, 3 dec 2002

My kids are cute at haleblog.tumblr.com