Front to Back download?

• 21 Replies

Offline Ziggysane

• I'm a llama!
Re: Front to Back download?
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 06:36:39 PM »
I'm not for cash grabs, and I'm pretty sure that a remastered TUBORM will sound horrible unless Ben supervises it himself (if only because there's nothing wrong with the original disk), but I would buy the album again to get a DVD with the whole concert and pre-show stuff.

Offline vosnos

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 09:19:59 PM »
I'm not for cash grabs, and I'm pretty sure that a remastered TUBORM will sound horrible unless Ben supervises it himself (if only because there's nothing wrong with the original disk), but I would buy the album again to get a DVD with the whole concert and pre-show stuff.

I think we all would in a heartbeat.  Hopefully after the Lonely Avenue tour he'll start working on this as well as re-releasing everything on vinyl.

Offline TrashSpork

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 12:09:29 AM »

I think we all would in a heartbeat.  Hopefully after the Lonely Avenue tour he'll start working on this as well as re-releasing everything on vinyl.

Still enjoy how Ben forgot th verse about grandma in 'Regrets'
I like toast!

Offline vosnos

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 07:30:27 AM »
Haha I bet Ben hasn't played Regrets a single time during his solo career.

Offline Ziggysane

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2010, 04:47:06 PM »
Haha I bet Ben hasn't played Regrets a single time during his solo career.

It usually is cited as the weakest song on the album (although I really like the synth and the build-up to the crazy "ahhhs" at the end.  Also, it doesn't work as well out of context, since it forms something of a suite with "Hospital Song" and "Army", with references to both in the lyrics and similar chords.

God, I really love this album.  It was my favorite of all time at one point, and it's still probably top 5.   It's like Exile on Main Street and Abbey Road in that some of the best moments are things like "Hospital Song" and "Regrets" that weren't the big singles and maybe couldn't have been but are still so great and important to the album as a whole. 

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2010, 05:42:43 PM »
oh yeah, its such a perfect album. i think its the best thing he's ever done. its so stylisitic, the production is top notch, the mood, atmosphere, its all there. its brilliant.

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2010, 08:22:51 AM »
I wonder if Ben knows what a piece of genius Messner is. It's just incredible. The band is amazing, the songs and the mood and all the crazy maj 7th chords and odd melodies.
Sighhh.