ben really needs to post his fall tour dates.

• 42 Replies

Offline Galona

Re: ben really needs to post his fall tour dates.
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2010, 06:03:55 PM »
So excited for you guys, but please Ben - put some UK dates up!  We're getting desperate over here.

THIS!

Offline Drawed

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2010, 06:08:14 PM »
DAMMIT he plays in Nashville the day before I get back from Thanksgiving break :P
If you can ball like me, it ain’t make no difference what team you at

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2010, 09:20:23 PM »
Got mine down for the 11/11 gig... quite excited \m/  Hopefully we get something of "lonely building of pittsburgh" quality again, but I aint gonna get my hopes up :P

Offline Allison

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 12:37:59 AM »
first weekend of november baby, three back to back to back gigs. gonna be aaaaaawesome!

I think I'm starting to realize that there's no turning back, as if there ever were for me, once you do a 3 concert in a row deal.

I think we need either shirts or signs.  I'm not trying to be self-centered when I say they should be based on me...

i've already been thinking about "followers of DAVID" shirts. and i don't even know the whole joke! "team DAVID"??
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline Zoonie

• I am me
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2010, 02:03:43 AM »
Hello hello hello

Nnnggg-- can't let myself get dragged back in. Argh... too much to do.

Meanwhile, I had the *weirdest* dream last night in which I had to go on holiday to the US in order to visit Ben en famille and stay with them for the weekend (near Chicago, for some reason!)

Which must have been my subconscious saying BEN WILL YOU COME TO THE UK AND DO SOME GIGS PLEASE!!!

I want a special Royal Festival Hall evening with readings from Mr Hornby and a gig *and* I want seats and not the crap house Shepherds Bush Empire where I made my toes numb for a week last time (wearing high heel boots so I could see!)

*And* I want a special under 14's gig with no swearing (ha ha) so I can take my piano learning 6 year old and explain that *this* is the guy she's not allowed to listen to much of yet but isn't he just the bestest piano player ever.

etc.

In other news: hello all! I'll hopefully go away again now ;) Sorry I missed Ben's birthday if you all did a thing.

A gig in our front room would also make up for the otherwise deficient number of gigs ;)
Hello. I am me.

Offline AlexKintzle

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2010, 04:40:43 AM »
first weekend of november baby, three back to back to back gigs. gonna be aaaaaawesome!

I think I'm starting to realize that there's no turning back, as if there ever were for me, once you do a 3 concert in a row deal.

I think we need either shirts or signs.  I'm not trying to be self-centered when I say they should be based on me...

i've already been thinking about "followers of DAVID" shirts. and i don't even know the whole joke! "team DAVID"??

Yeah sorry I refuse to buy into that. :p
"I'd like to say f*ck you in the nose, but i'm too evolved for that kind of thing now."-Ben Folds

Offline Seth

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2010, 06:57:26 AM »
Does anyone else find it annoying that they won't post the prices of the VIP packages for the Nashville Symphony show? I have to know if it's worth it or not.....
The-artist-formerly-known-as-crimsontide029

http://www.last.fm/user/crimsontide029

Offline PonchoRavioli

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2010, 07:00:03 AM »
http://www.nicksbooks.com/index.php/archives/103

Nick On-Stage with Ben Folds in D.C.

The PEN/Faulkner Foundation presents an exclusive evening with award-winning author Nick Hornby and singer/musician Ben Folds on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 at 7:30 pm in support of the forthcoming Lonely Avenue, a collaborative album of “musical short stories” featuring lyrics by Hornby and music and vocals by Folds, and of the paperback release of Hornby’s latest novel, Juliet, Naked. Learn more and buy tickets here!

Offline DAVID

• A little blurry, but his face is worth it!
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2010, 07:12:28 AM »

It's okay, I'll bring a sign with an arrow that says "shun the nonbeliever"
"Wait, he said 'good things come to those who wait,' but you didn't wait too long" "Keep listening" Kristen, on me and "Bruised"

Offline vosnos

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2010, 06:42:31 PM »
http://www.nicksbooks.com/index.php/archives/103

Nick On-Stage with Ben Folds in D.C.

The PEN/Faulkner Foundation presents an exclusive evening with award-winning author Nick Hornby and singer/musician Ben Folds on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 at 7:30 pm in support of the forthcoming Lonely Avenue, a collaborative album of “musical short stories” featuring lyrics by Hornby and music and vocals by Folds, and of the paperback release of Hornby’s latest novel, Juliet, Naked. Learn more and buy tickets here!

Hmm this sound interesting but $30 is a lot for a ticket.  Ben's also doing a National Geographic talk on his photography in DC in early December which I may also go to.  But more importantly, how have people already gotten tickets to the Philly show?  Since there's no DC date yet I was thinking about going to that show but I want a good seat if I'm gonna make the trip.  Call me out of the loop but could anyone explain?

Offline Allison

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2010, 11:53:12 PM »

It's okay, I'll bring a sign with an arrow that says "shun the nonbeliever"

we're on a bridge charlie!
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline DAVID

• A little blurry, but his face is worth it!
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2010, 01:38:28 PM »
just saw that you said you didn't quite get the whole story.  I think the creator of DAVIDISBEN sums it up pretty well:
http://smart.fmuk.org.uk/2010/09/03/how-i-created-god/
"Wait, he said 'good things come to those who wait,' but you didn't wait too long" "Keep listening" Kristen, on me and "Bruised"

Offline bENFOLDS

• Laughing at you and your football team
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2010, 02:57:59 PM »
DAVID IS MY HERO.

Oh, hi folks. Haven't been here in a while.
Man, those Lonely Interviews were something, weren't they...
I am Jack's quote out of context.

Offline AlexKintzle

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2010, 10:57:20 PM »
DAVID IS MY HERO.

Oh, hi folks. Haven't been here in a while.
Man, those Lonely Interviews were something, weren't they...
They aren't done yet.
"I'd like to say f*ck you in the nose, but i'm too evolved for that kind of thing now."-Ben Folds

Offline bENFOLDS

• Laughing at you and your football team
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2010, 07:02:32 AM »
Any idea when the next one is?
I am Jack's quote out of context.