little snippet from tulsa show tonight.

• 11 Replies

Offline Allison

little snippet from tulsa show tonight.
« on: April 03, 2008, 08:48:24 PM »
i wasn't there. i was here! but someone that brooke met at a regina show was there and said this;

ben restarted fjII 5 times tonight according to my friend who was at the show.
"He kept stressing that he wasn't upset, that he just felt it was his responsibility to those who actually came to listen"  says my friend.

i loled a bit.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Re: little snippet from tulsa show tonight.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 09:09:48 AM »
hmm. Is someone getting tired of playing at colleges??
I know you're in there, I can see you. You're saying you're okay, I don't believe you.

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 09:19:09 AM »
yeah, i was at that show last night. AMAZING sound. plus hearing underground with the full band was outstanding.

im one of those "long time lurker, first [few] time poster" people, so hi everyone.

Offline Allison

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 10:40:01 AM »
hi. return to us again soon. :)

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 11:51:08 AM »
will do. ive actually been lurking around here since 2004. i saw ben in tulsa then, and i was automatically hooked. i actually wanted to ask you if you had any concert recordings chudley? i used to have about 40 gigs of shows from ben and the five, but due to an epic hard drive crash i no longer have them :(

p.s. im pretty sure i remember seeing you at the show in tulsa at cains ballroom.

Offline Emerald (Sabrina)

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 04:06:02 PM »
I was there and even managed to meet him briefly... a first for me.  It was already worth the 4-hour drive from KS to see the show, but finally getting to shake the guy's hand will keep me smiling for a while.  Good times.  :)

Offline TheGreatBenfolio

• Is there a funnel from her butt to your mouth now?
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 07:03:08 PM »
Was it a before or after show meeting? Be nice to know if his little spat is over with and is actually hanging out after shows again.

Offline Emerald (Sabrina)

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 11:47:20 PM »
It was after the show.  He was very nice.  I had no idea he hadn't been meeting with fans for a while.  I guess I picked the right show.  :)

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 10:12:59 AM »
did anyone happen to record this one? i'd really like to hear it

Offline Allison

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 10:38:40 AM »
will do. ive actually been lurking around here since 2004. i saw ben in tulsa then, and i was automatically hooked. i actually wanted to ask you if you had any concert recordings chudley? i used to have about 40 gigs of shows from ben and the five, but due to an epic hard drive crash i no longer have them :(

p.s. im pretty sure i remember seeing you at the show in tulsa at cains ballroom.

wow, why didn't i see this? any bootleg i have is hosted up on wokeupwaytoolate.com I don't have a whole lot, though as others keep adding to the library of wokeup it keeps growing.

As for a tulsa show, if one becomes available and we find out about it, surely it'll be posted.

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 09:41:37 PM »
awesome. i used to have quite a few shows on my hard drive (about 40GB worth, from 95-05 over 120) but a hard drive failure destroyed them. i was so sad. thats why i tried to start the soulseek channel again.

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 09:43:12 PM »
and i just realized i repeated myself after i posted that lol.