Temple Performing Arts Center - Philadelphia, PA 5-13-15

• 4 Replies

Offline Zeek

Temple Performing Arts Center - Philadelphia, PA 5-13-15
« on: May 14, 2015, 01:51:35 PM »
There weren't too many people at the venue, so it was somewhat depressing.  Overall, though, it was a great show.  I haven't heard anything coming from the new album, so it was a whole new experience for me and my friends.

Riding off the setlist provided by Kidney05, I'll attempt to piece together what was played (as it was largely the same).

Beautiful Mechanical -yMusic
So There
Long Way To Go (I enjoyed the reuse of the WtN leak)
Not A Fan (ended with a nice "f*ck you")
Effington
I'm Not The Man
-Ben kept laughing and screwing up on this one, where he then asked if anyone in the audience had any poetry on hand that him and yMusic could free style.  Two pieces where given from the audience, and we got two RtB's out of it.  They were both fantastic!
Mess
Music In Circles (yMusic solo)
Yes Man
Erase Me
Jesusland
Capable Of Anything
Phone in the Pool (apparent debut.  It'll be recorded officially soon)
Steven's Last Night in Town
You Don't Know Me
Not the Same

Encore:
Cigarette
(Ben solo)
Bastard
 (Ben solo)
Sentimental Guy (solo)
Annie Waits

EDIT: Evaporated was in there, too (full band)

If anyone else was there, go ahead and correct the setlist, since after getting home at like 12:30AM and going to work, my memory's a bit hazy.

Stayed afterwards and met Sam and most of the yMusic members.  Again, it was a great show!

Offline Eric

Re: Temple Performing Arts Center - Philadelphia, PA 5-13-15
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 04:21:03 AM »
I'm a bit late to this thread and I don't have much to add, but as far as my memory goes, the setlist is correct. It was a damn good show. Hearing the new songs for the first time was very cool and I had a big goofy smile on my face when "Ain't Got No Words" finally had words! That tune has been stuck in my head for years and now it's a completed song. Very cool. And then of course that big goofy smile stayed on my face during "Long Way To Go," recognizing it from the leak. Okay, let's face it... That big goofy smile was on my face the entire night!

This was my 6th time seeing Ben and I was finally able to meet the man himself afterwards and got a picture with him (a misleading one, at that. I'm pretty dang tall and he stood on tip toes for the picture. Ha!) Of course, I completely forgot to bring along the s/t BFF cassette that I've been bringing with me every other show to get signed, so that was missed opportunity. I have no idea how that slipped my mind. Oh well. There's always next time!

Offline Zeek

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 04:07:54 PM »
I hung around in the lobby for awhile after the show, hoping he'd come out.  But, I met the rest of the group out there.

Did he come out to the lobby, or did you find him elsewhere?

Offline Eric

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 05:05:53 AM »
I was in the lobby briefly, but decided to see what was going on outside. There was an open gate/alley with a white van, engine running, and a group of 10 or so people standing around a side door. I headed down there and, it couldn't have been 10 minutes later, a couple security people opened the door, radioed that "there's a group of lovely people waiting out here" (or something to that effect) and closed the door again, saying "We don't know," after being asked if Ben would come out that door. (Obviously they knew.) Another 10 minutes (probably less), the door swings open and Ben came out. He posed for pictures with everyone and chatted a bit. After all the pictures were taken he said, "I'll be back in a minute. I need to go inside. For something." I was going to stick around to get my ticket signed, but literally everyone else started walking away and I didn't want to be the only one left. Haha...

Offline Allison

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 10:00:17 PM »
A meet and greet that small is nice! The crowd after the show in Chicago was quite large.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!