Ben Folds: "What I Know About Women"

• 24 Replies
Ben Folds: "What I Know About Women"
« on: September 20, 2012, 07:46:09 AM »
Great and insightful article albeit kind of a downer. Didn't know him and Fleur split : (

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/what-i-know-about-women-20120904-25c81.html

Offline AlexKintzle

Re: Ben Folds: "What I Know About Women"
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 09:13:18 AM »
NOOOOOO HOW COULD HE AND FLEUR SPLIT?!
"I'd like to say f*ck you in the nose, but i'm too evolved for that kind of thing now."-Ben Folds

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 10:20:14 AM »
My spidey sense has been tingling about this for a while. Just hadn't seen or heard about her at all in a long time, whereas she was almost a constant presence before.

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 10:27:41 AM »
Well, I guess the answer is "nothing," but if he's finally realized that and is at peace with it, then that's a positive step.

Offline DAVID

• A little blurry, but his face is worth it!
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 11:29:41 AM »
Great and insightful article albeit kind of a downer. Didn't know him and Fleur split : (

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/what-i-know-about-women-20120904-25c81.html

I kind of figured they did. It was either that or a severe backlash from the last stalker thing that happened, which seemed unlike them.
"Wait, he said 'good things come to those who wait,' but you didn't wait too long" "Keep listening" Kristen, on me and "Bruised"

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 11:45:11 AM »
What "stalker" thing are you talking about?

Offline AlexKintzle

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 12:26:13 PM »
I never got to meet her.... :(
"I'd like to say f*ck you in the nose, but i'm too evolved for that kind of thing now."-Ben Folds

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 02:18:48 PM »
wow. i did notice that she wasn't mentioned at all recently. i wonder what went wrong. they seemed SO happy during the Lonely Ave days.

I honestly wonder if Ben is just to into his work, his creations, to give his full attention to a woman. I know that feeling. Maybe that's another reason I can relate to his music

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 02:27:04 PM »
also, i'm looking back to his twitter account as far back as august of 2011. the final posts and links concerning fleur seem to be dead. perhaps she deleted her twitter?

Offline AlexKintzle

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 02:30:29 PM »
Yeah she did. She only has Facebook left. Was friends with her for a while then she changed her last name on there and disappeared.

Offline AlexKintzle

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 05:58:03 PM »
but as i start to think about this, there's no way it was a year ago. It would've had to have been earlier this year

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 06:40:50 PM »
There's rarely ever one single, defined endpoint.

Offline Kidney05

• woke up way too normal
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 07:58:45 PM »
damn.  I was just tihnking today when I saw the Gracie review on iTunes how it was posted from Frally's username.  Makes me feel bad for Ben.
nobody deserves posts on their myspace site asking if they stabbed basketballs.

Offline Allison

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2012, 10:10:12 PM »
god. how long have i suspected this, and then figured it out?
about six months. a year seems a bit far. six months ago fleur was asking me happy birthday on facebook.  i never met her - whilst knowing her - she and i were in the same room at the same time in 2008, but she was brand f*ckin new then, and i didn't have the relationship i would develop with her yet.
sucks that the man can't seem to keep something steady for too terribly long. however. i am the opposite. i'm really good at keeping nothing. wooo
haaa.
i did notice a few months ago that the wedding band was gone. poor guy. poor fleur. whatever the reasons are, i am sad for both of them. seems like it was good for a long time. i was hoping ben'd finally found someone to be with for a long time.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline zinefiend

• this isn't a wine car!!
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2012, 05:01:13 PM »
What "stalker" thing are you talking about?

There's actually a thread on here a few years back where Ben talks about it.  I can't remember the details about it, but it seemed like a pretty scary situation.

[Edit: Here's a link to the thread: http://www.thesuburbs.org.uk/Board/index.php?topic=4421.msg61978#msg61978]