New PopMatter Intervew

• 2 Replies

Offline Boz

• Slammin The Pimp Fantastic
New PopMatter Intervew
« on: December 06, 2011, 06:37:29 PM »
So Ben did an interview with Pop Matters.  Here are some interesting quotes:

I would have loved to put some Shatner stuff on it, I would have loved to put some Fear of Pop on it, but the answer is just to make another Fear of Pop record.
Yes please

(On Ben Folds Five Reuniting)
We’re gonna record and make an album. And that’s a good thing. Anytime you have something to offer, that’s a good thing. We’re hitting a point where, if we don’t do it, we’re kind of being stingy if that makes sense.
I agree
We don’t have to follow this up with a tour, we don’t have to make another album, we don’t have to do anything.
I disagree
I know it's Pit.

Offline zinefiend

• this isn't a wine car!!
Re: New PopMatter Intervew
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 05:34:52 PM »
So Ben did an interview with Pop Matters.  Here are some interesting quotes:

I would have loved to put some Shatner stuff on it, I would have loved to put some Fear of Pop on it, but the answer is just to make another Fear of Pop record.
Yes please

SECONDED. 

Offline Damian

Re: New PopMatter Intervew
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 03:39:29 PM »

We don’t have to follow this up with a tour, we don’t have to make another album, we don’t have to do anything.
I disagree
I don't necessarily.  I'd love a little tour, I'm sure everyone would... but it's the whole idea that there's no pressure that has brought us to the point where we're going to get a new BFF record.  I think that if they thought there would have to be the whole album/tour treadmill if they made another record, their instinct would have been to not make it at all.  I'd much rather have the album than nothing.