General Sing-Off discussion

• 67 Replies
Re: General Sing-Off discussion
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2011, 07:20:15 PM »
Yay Pentatonix!

Also Ben's latest blog post was pretty revealing.  I had no idea Afro Blue had lost their arranger for most of the season.  That does explain a lot, although I believe they arranged "Killing Me Softly" on their own, so clearly they still had the capability for solid stuff.  I also thought it was kinda lame how they basically manufactured drama for them (curse you reality tv! haha) but as Ben pointed out other groups were able to rise above it.  Them's the breaks I guess.

I think the Aires may have had the strongest night of all the finalists performing, though I enjoyed all of the performances.  Solid season overall -- we got some great performances from a lot of groups, more than we had in probably the first two seasons combined (I guess more groups and more episodes will do that).

« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2011, 07:25:04 PM »
Correction: I did try and it and it does work.
Good heavens! Is this what y'all are watching?

~A

Haters gon' hate  ;)  I thoroughly enjoyed watching.  Only type of reality competition show I watched this year, and it barely even qualifies as that IMO.  I started watching when it was first on because of Ben, but even if there is another season and he happens to not be a judge I'd still watch it.

Offline Allison

« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2011, 07:55:51 AM »
Correction: I did try and it and it does work.
Good heavens! Is this what y'all are watching?

~A

Haters gon' hate  ;)  I thoroughly enjoyed watching.  Only type of reality competition show I watched this year, and it barely even qualifies as that IMO.  I started watching when it was first on because of Ben, but even if there is another season and he happens to not be a judge I'd still watch it.

It's a crazy thing that I'm watching this. But I started watching because of Ben. I stick with it because I like it. Crazy. Who knew? I also do not watch any other reality tv. I'm a crime tv kinda girl. Ah well.

Also. I loved the Aires and Ben. It was cute. Made me smile.

I'm very happy the way it shaked out. Aires' in second is all I could hope for. My top two aligned with the mass public, which gives me hope for the world. :)

Shawn's post show interview sums up my feelings; http://www.nbc.com/sing-off/video/live-finale-shawn-stockman-interview/1370865

I will appreciate the bonus episode next week!
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline worldswillgrow

« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2011, 06:00:56 PM »
Anybody else watching the Christmas special? I'm trying to make it through the Mariah Carey and Justin Bieber songs...it's tough. Ben and Sara's duet was cute, though I kept thinking of Elf the entire time they were singing. And when is Nick going to profess his love for Ben? MAN CRUSH. That awkward laugh after he said he wanted to snuggle up with Sara but not Ben...kinda makes you wonder.  ;)

Offline DAVID

• A little blurry, but his face is worth it!
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2011, 03:19:06 PM »
the Ben/Sara banter before their song was the best part of the night.  That, and the return of the AMAZING beatbox chick from the BackBeats.  I hate Delilah on principle for not recruiting her.
"Wait, he said 'good things come to those who wait,' but you didn't wait too long" "Keep listening" Kristen, on me and "Bruised"

« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2011, 03:36:49 PM »
Well since The Backbeasts just released an album I'm guessing she wasn't really available to prep for a sing-off season.  I think she was in Noteworthy in season one with Amy Whitcomb from Delilah (and I think others as well) so I'm sure it was probably brought up at one point -- or maybe the producers didn't think it was fair for her to be on a third season in a row.

« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2013, 08:34:17 PM »
Back again.

You know you want it. ;)

Offline AliKat4392

« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2013, 05:35:51 PM »
I'm starting to like Nick Lachey. What's happening?
"The public persona of a piano-playing geek has kept the mainstream mostly at bay. Keep it to yourself, but the nerd in the glasses is really a Rock God." -Times Online