Some Ben Folds Live midis

• 31 Replies
Re: Some Ben Folds Live midis
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2005, 06:08:11 PM »
I posted this in a separate thread, but I thought it would make sense to post it here as well, since the sheet music is derived from the midi file that begins this thread:
-------------
I took the MIDI file that Jake made and produced some sheet music.  I spent several hours working on the notation and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, but I wasn't quite sure how to notate m. 15-18.  If anyone has any suggestions about that or anything else in the score, let me know, and I'll be happy to make changes and produce another PDF.

-Brian

Offline oneorzero

• "Won't you let me explode?"
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2005, 07:39:24 AM »
...The NYC DVD from dimeadozen.org rocks. If you could transcribe that live version of Lullabye, I would consider you a God and bow before you...

Here's a really good transcription of Lullaby:

http://www.thesuburbs.org.uk/Board/index.php?topic=2757.0

The second post, as an attached file.  It may not be exactly like the NYC DVD, but I think it's pretty much the same thing.  It should definitely get you started.
"In a karaoke supernova..."

Offline Corey

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2006, 08:46:32 PM »
can someone please post the chords to Silver Street please  the silver street sounds abit diiferent to the cd so can someone please post the chords thanks

im sorry jake i didnt actually even listen to it i just assumed it was the same one some guy sent me once in a .nwc format that transriptions is really accurate

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2006, 12:15:20 PM »
I posted this in a separate thread, but I thought it would make sense to post it here as well, since the sheet music is derived from the midi file that begins this thread:
-------------
I took the MIDI file that Jake made and produced some sheet music.  I spent several hours working on the notation and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, but I wasn't quite sure how to notate m. 15-18.  If anyone has any suggestions about that or anything else in the score, let me know, and I'll be happy to make changes and produce another PDF.

-Brian

Amazing transcription.  Been coming here for awhile now.  Thought I'd give something back.  I've renotated mm. 15-18.  I think the confusion about this passage comes from the fact that it is easier to feel this in 3/4 than try to squeeze these triplets around in 6/8.  Here's a .pdf of measures 13-21 and the .nwc file as well.

Offline Liv

• Show me the mosh pit
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2006, 01:03:12 AM »
Jake,

Abosutely amazing ears you have there. I bow down before you :D Seriously. That OAD made my week.

Keep up the great work.

What if you want to print off the song as piano sheet music?

Is noteworthy composer the best program for that?

As far as I know, it's the -only- program for that. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong. But it's the program I use, and I find it really good.

Offline osmc

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2006, 08:04:56 PM »
There actually are many programs to arrange and print.

Finale and Noteworthy are two of the "better known" programs though... many others are out there!

Offline Liv

• Show me the mosh pit
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2006, 04:58:58 PM »
Ugh, my bad  :(

Offline a_may

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2006, 02:36:56 PM »
does anyone have a noteworthy or pdf of jake's midi for Emaline? I don't have any way to make sheet music and I've been dying to learn that song.

thanks

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2006, 06:34:39 PM »
you can google noteworthy composer, download a free trial, and import the midi which generates the sheet music. hope this helps. if not, i can scan you a copy.
Come pick me up, I've landed.

Offline a_may

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2006, 02:43:29 PM »
yeah, i just don't know how to import the midi, i've tried quite a few times, haha.

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2006, 07:06:32 PM »
just click open, and at the bottom click either all files or midi files, then just open the midi file you saved, and it should automatically transfer it to NWC file. if you still cant get it, let me know, i have it around here somewhere in pdf file i think.
Come pick me up, I've landed.

Offline a_may

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2006, 02:47:55 PM »
thank you so much!!!

Offline Kidney05

• woke up way too normal
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2006, 11:37:13 AM »
can someone re-PDF emaline?  the one is gone from the link, and i can't read it unless it's a PDF, and the other one kinda sucked because there was an extra unused bar for no reason... it took up twice as many pages.  anyone wanna take a stab?
nobody deserves posts on their myspace site asking if they stabbed basketballs.

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2007, 02:40:11 PM »
Hi, do you think someone could possibly post the .PDF of the One Angry Dwarf transcription??? THank you!!!!!

Offline Michal

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2007, 08:25:47 PM »
Here you go. I fixed up the NCW a bit (just how the notes look) and made it into pdf.
~Michal