SUNY / Geneseo
Nov. 12    Fredonia, NY    SUNY Fredonia Gym
Nov. 14    Columbia, SC    Koger Center For The Arts
Univ. of South Carolina
Nov. 15    Washington, DC    Bender Arena
Nov. 18    Chestertown, MD    Lifetime Fitness Center
Washington College

From benfolds.com of course. :)
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline general_apathy (Chloe)

• now here it is, your moment of zen
Re: NEW DATES!!!!one!!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 06:54:23 PM »
f*ckin A. never on the west coast.
My new philosophy is that a crappy tape deck somewhere plays a greatest hits collection of strange and tender moments, lost, stranded, and forgotten. I'll meet you there.

Offline Allison

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 07:03:12 PM »
That's because the leaves are falling on the east coast. and Ben's not going to change his plans for you. hee.

I mean, um. his booker doesn't like you?

No dates near me either though.... closest one is 301 miles from here... but of course they're all, besides houston, school shows, and I have no idea how to get a ticket to those. Because pre-sales most likely won't exist.

Though, an 18 day tour seems rather pathetic. Here's to these dates only being the beginning. I hope.

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 07:08:55 PM »
I hope so too. And he needs to play in Eugene instead of Portland because he's only played in Eugene like once, and that was with Tori Amos before I even knew about Ben, so....

And hopefully my brother and I will be able to go to the Guster show in October. It's on a Weds during school, and it's up in P-Town (2 hr drive).....but I'm going no matter what (even if I have to sneak out and get grounded for the first time ever). Haven't seen Guster the last three times they've been here. Once was even during Spring Break!!!! Ahhh!! I'm ranting. Bye.
My new philosophy is that a crappy tape deck somewhere plays a greatest hits collection of strange and tender moments, lost, stranded, and forgotten. I'll meet you there.

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 07:23:19 PM »
it seems when i can go to one of his concerts he never has one scheduled for Michigan. it makes me mad.

Offline Allison

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 07:47:29 PM »
Well, I think the people who book artists at my school should book Ben. But that's just my opinion, he's near enough.... and I've normally made it a rule that if Ben's within 300 miles I'll be there... but in the middle of the school week? Hard. So I'm hoping that 11/7, 11/8, 11/10 will have a Chicago date or something. Because, shit man. I'm going through separation anxiety. He spoiled me, and now he's taken it away. Not nice at all.

Offline dranscht

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 03:42:22 PM »
it seems when i can go to one of his concerts he never has one scheduled for Michigan. it makes me mad.
Wouldn't the Bloomington, IN show be not too far from Michigan? I suppose it depends on where in Michigan you are...

Bloomington's personally the closest show to me at that time. Although if he does Madison, Milwaukee, or Chicago in there, oof, that'd be awesome. (And he's seemed to like Madison lately.)

Offline whenlabratsgobad

• Sham On.
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 03:50:16 PM »
I don't care if I just saw him last August and last April...Ben needs to play Ohio (particularly Columbus...Cleveland and Cincinnati suck) again!  A Toledo show would be great too, as it's only 20min from me at school!

Aah!

Oh, and he was supposed to play my school 2 years ago (my senior year of high school), but cancelled due to pneumonia.  He needs to come back to BG (honestly, we were stuck with Dashboard Confessional this year!)!!

Offline Allison

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2006, 07:43:43 PM »
Bloomington's personally the closest show to me at that time. Although if he does Madison, Milwaukee, or Chicago in there, oof, that'd be awesome. (And he's seemed to like Madison lately.)

Agreed. I'm in Iowa in November, instead of Wsconsin, so Kansas is actually closer for me. But they are all school shows, so I don't know if tickets'll even be avaliable to the public, we'll have to see.

And as for Madison. Yes. I would so be there, his shows are always good there, and I already know where to find him afterwards.

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 01:17:49 PM »
I have come to the conclusion that Ben hates the west coast.
For example, in Landed, Ben sings, "We moved to the west coast, away from everyone". This shows that Ben sees the west coast as a place where all relationships go bad.
Don't believe me?
Ejemplo numero dos: In the song, 'Don't Change Your Plans', Ben tells us that he won't move to L.A., which may I remind you is on the WEST COAST.
Still iffy?
In 'Adelaide' he calls the U.S.A. the United States of L.A.....I think he's trying to say that people believe the U.S. revovles around L.A., which is not a good sign, and also physically impossible.

So there you go, people. Ben hates the west coast of the United States. Why'd I have to move here? I was perfectly fine on the East Coast in Florida and Alabama. Oh well. I like it here. I'm quite attached to it. I hope I'm wrong. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Offline Allison

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 02:06:26 PM »
Sucks to be you.... Maybe you should write him a letter... Ha. Oh, how nice it is to be in the middle of the country.

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2006, 02:10:04 PM »
*bangs head against wall and cries like a little lost emo kid*

Offline Allison

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2006, 03:34:04 PM »
Mood: apathetic.

Offline SinginJen

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2006, 05:41:39 PM »
I have come to the conclusion that Ben hates the west coast.
For example, in Landed, Ben sings, "We moved to the west coast, away from everyone". This shows that Ben sees the west coast as a place where all relationships go bad.
Don't believe me?
Ejemplo numero dos: In the song, 'Don't Change Your Plans', Ben tells us that he won't move to L.A., which may I remind you is on the WEST COAST.
Still iffy?
In 'Adelaide' he calls the U.S.A. the United States of L.A.....I think he's trying to say that people believe the U.S. revovles around L.A., which is not a good sign, and also physically impossible.

So there you go, people. Ben hates the west coast of the United States. Why'd I have to move here? I was perfectly fine on the East Coast in Florida and Alabama. Oh well. I like it here. I'm quite attached to it. I hope I'm wrong. Sorry, couldn't resist.

i feel there may be a distinct difference in the way ben feels about L.A. than about oregon.  lol

i'm not sure what the deal is. but ben's only played publicly in massachusetts one more time since the odd men out tour, which i know he went out west for also.  so that's only once more for me than you.  but other places he's been in a bunch.  i don't know, i think the places are just sporatic.

too school for c...too cool for school
(too cool for school, y'all)

Offline whenlabratsgobad

• Sham On.
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2006, 08:35:06 PM »
I think he's got a crush on the midwest.  I saw him during Odd Man Out, then just a few months later (August to March...it's a few months, relatively speaking) he came back again (same pavillion) to play yet another bitchin' concert.

Each time I've seen him, he's told a story about Jesusland.  Something to do with either the picture in the booklet being taken here in Columbus or it being part of the inspiration (God, I hope not).  In the August concert, I believe he mentioned High St (a main road through downtown Columbus...also U.S. 23).  I wish I could remember what exactly all the significance was.

During the March concert, he talked about the last time he was in Columbus.  I guess Rufus went to get a massage, and Ben went with him.

I really wish I could remember all this stuff.