Ben Folds current label?

• 6 Replies

Offline caliban10

Ben Folds current label?
« on: April 01, 2012, 11:55:39 PM »
Ben's site still says Sony Music at the bottom. Anyone know what label the BFF record will come out on? Does Sony own any and all BFF material? and/or did he resign to Sony after Lonely Avenue came out on Nonesuch?

Offline AlexKintzle

Re: Ben Folds current label?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 07:22:00 PM »
i looked at the nonesuch site and it says he's still signed with them.
"I'd like to say f*ck you in the nose, but i'm too evolved for that kind of thing now."-Ben Folds

Offline caliban10

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 09:49:27 PM »
Maybe he's with them solo and Sony still gets any BFF albums. Not really impressed with Sony's current facebook campaign.

Offline AlexKintzle

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 09:38:23 AM »
What's their campaign?
"I'd like to say f*ck you in the nose, but i'm too evolved for that kind of thing now."-Ben Folds

Offline caliban10

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 11:30:15 PM »
Oh just their recent stuff with putting lines from songs and asking you to guess the title, the stuff for Retrospective. I guess it has been a few weeks now. Really unimaginative stuff. Pretty common on Facebook. You 'like' an artist and then a marketing or PR dept who don't know the artist very well tries to stir up interest in their stuff but it only goes out to people who already 'like' that artist anyway. You can usually tell the difference between the artist doing it themselves and a company or dept doing it.

Offline Kyle

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 06:52:11 AM »
Oh just their recent stuff with putting lines from songs and asking you to guess the title, the stuff for Retrospective. I guess it has been a few weeks now. Really unimaginative stuff. Pretty common on Facebook. You 'like' an artist and then a marketing or PR dept who don't know the artist very well tries to stir up interest in their stuff but it only goes out to people who already 'like' that artist anyway. You can usually tell the difference between the artist doing it themselves and a company or dept doing it.

I like the idea of the new campaign up to the new album.  5 favorite songs that were voted on for 5 weeks.  We will see how they actually follow through.  So far, Evaporated got #5 (not quite sure how looking at the voting comments) and the first thing they did was put up a picture of the actual sheet music.  Today will be something else.  I assume that one of the days will be a new video of BFF performing the song on YouTube.

Offline Kyle

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 10:13:06 AM »
Follow through has been very weak for Evaporated.  Normally just a picture of Ben/BFF with some lyrics.