Way to Normal: Stems and Seeds! (SPOILERS-ish)

• 259 Replies

Offline kingrikk (Kirk)

• I want to be Kirk.
Re: Way to Normal: Stems and Seeds!
« Reply #135 on: February 02, 2009, 12:17:35 PM »
Yay! No "Whe" in Cologne! What a great day this is!

(The piano orchestra version is still best)

Offline MikePigneguy (Kipp)

• Music is good.
« Reply #136 on: February 02, 2009, 02:21:54 PM »
The Product Details on the album stream page made me laugh:

"Label: Epic
Copyright: (P) 2008 Sony Music Entertainment
Genres: Rock/General
Format: Explicit Lyrics
ASIN: B001R5NLMG"

Nope, the format is not MP3, it is "Explicit Lyrics". Haha
Life is "Oh my God, if I tell him, he'll tell her, and then she will know I like her!"

Offline You Dont Know Zach

• And it's terrible pain, and it's all for free.
« Reply #137 on: February 02, 2009, 02:33:25 PM »
i don't understand why people have such a big deal with the 'whe' in cologne. i liken it to the laugh during steven's last night in town or the crickets in cigarette. all low fi f*ck ups, all give the album character.
dont overplay, keep it simple and in the pocket, support the song, and you will be asked to play more than you have time to. - Chuck Folds

http://www.last.fm/user/YoudontknowZach

• Music is good.
« Reply #138 on: February 02, 2009, 02:39:05 PM »
So, after listening to the whole remastered cd, there were only 3 things I could tell a difference on:
1. The bass, which was louder sometimes, quiter other times, or just added altogether, but that could just be the new headphones I was using. Haha
2. The ending of Hiroshima is way better. There's no talking and there's an added mini-solo.
3. Brainwascht had some pretty noticable adjustments which include the longer outro.

All in all, even though I couldn't tell many differences, it was pretty good despite the crappy amazon.com streaming quality.
Life is "Oh my God, if I tell him, he'll tell her, and then she will know I like her!"

Offline Hanny

• (8) Laugh all you want, I got my philosophy! (8)
« Reply #139 on: February 02, 2009, 03:10:43 PM »
ouch. t-shirt better be good.
~ Make me feel tiny if it makes you feel tall but there's always someone cooler than you ~

*~ Han ~*

...smoke...

« Reply #140 on: February 02, 2009, 03:13:04 PM »
So is it safe to say this release (2-Disc set complete with multitracks ["stems"] and all) will be available at your everyday Best Buy or Target, or would you all recommend the safe, pre-order from Amazon route?

« Reply #141 on: February 02, 2009, 09:26:14 PM »
Well, after listening to the "remastered" version, I think I'm just going to stick it out with the regular cd. There are some improvments here and there, but it didn't really sound like a superior mix to the original, just simply a different one. I am also not a fan of the resequencing at all. They should have just left the track order alone.

And it really sucks for everybody who joined the fanclub just to get a copy of this. That damn t-shirt better be made of gold or something.

Offline Allison

« Reply #142 on: February 03, 2009, 08:01:02 AM »

Ben Folds
All members of The People’s Front of Judea, joining before 2/15, will be given an autographed, free copy of the new Ben Folds 2 disk set “Way To Normal: Stems and Seeds”. This extra special offer was handed down from Ben himself.
www.thepfofj.com

http://www.artistarena.com/

Did we know it was autographed?
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline Kyle

« Reply #143 on: February 03, 2009, 08:36:56 AM »
So, after listening to the whole remastered cd, there were only 3 things I could tell a difference on:
1. The bass, which was louder sometimes, quiter other times, or just added altogether, but that could just be the new headphones I was using. Haha
2. The ending of Hiroshima is way better. There's no talking and there's an added mini-solo.
3. Brainwascht had some pretty noticable adjustments which include the longer outro.

All in all, even though I couldn't tell many differences, it was pretty good despite the crappy amazon.com streaming quality.

It sounds very different to me.  Everything sounds cleaner, balanced better.  It's not all loud, and tracks get louder and softer which gives the tracks more life and more emotion.  Even in the crappy streaming mp3s, they sound good to me.  The vocals in Free Coffee are fixed, as is the rest of the track.  It all sounds WAY better to me. I can recognize the different instruments now.  It's not all muddled together like it was on some tracks.

Offline andrewspears

• Lying awake in my hospital room
« Reply #144 on: February 03, 2009, 10:14:20 AM »
ahhhh! the drums on dr. yang! they're there!

• Music is good.
« Reply #145 on: February 03, 2009, 10:18:45 AM »

It sounds very different to me.  Everything sounds cleaner, balanced better.  It's not all loud, and tracks get louder and softer which gives the tracks more life and more emotion.  Even in the crappy streaming mp3s, they sound good to me.  The vocals in Free Coffee are fixed, as is the rest of the track.  It all sounds WAY better to me. I can recognize the different instruments now.  It's not all muddled together like it was on some tracks.

Maybe I just never gave the original mix enough listens... Haha

Offline Eric

« Reply #146 on: February 03, 2009, 11:51:39 AM »

Ben Folds
All members of The People’s Front of Judea, joining before 2/15, will be given an autographed, free copy of the new Ben Folds 2 disk set “Way To Normal: Stems and Seeds”. This extra special offer was handed down from Ben himself.
www.thepfofj.com

http://www.artistarena.com/

Did we know it was autographed?
well i sure as heck didn't. :D

Re: Way to Normal: Stems and Seeds! (SPOILERS-ish)
« Reply #147 on: February 03, 2009, 04:24:56 PM »
I am still listening to the remaster, but noticing tons of changes.  No one has mentioned the brand new vocals on The Frown Song!  Listen closely, especially towards the end of the song.

« Reply #148 on: February 03, 2009, 04:30:24 PM »
Oh yeah, Bitch Went Nuts and Hiroshima both sound WAY better too. 

Offline TheGreatBenfolio

• Is there a funnel from her butt to your mouth now?
« Reply #149 on: February 03, 2009, 04:51:03 PM »
I finally got money to pay for a membership!!!

....wait, it's for sale where?

Shit.

Autographed though. Meh.