European Tour cancelled?

• 39 Replies

Offline greggraham

European Tour cancelled?
« on: November 04, 2008, 04:26:45 PM »
So, i sadly had to break the news that the Ipswich gig (for which I had front row seats :'() has been apparently postponed (i recon its been cancelled).

I've heard on the grapevine (from an un-names un-known source) that Counting Crows are postponing their whole UK tour, due to reschdule.

So if Ben isn't doing Ipswich or the Arena dates, will he bother coming over for the half dozen other gigs? It seems strange to cancel ipswich and not London don't you think?

Not looking good anyway....

Re: European Tour cancelled?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 12:17:35 PM »
Just got an email from livenation and it had this in the email:

COUNTING CROWS - Dec tour post-poned until May 2009

Counting Crows have been forced to postpone their forthcoming UK Tour due to unexpected personal and work commitments in the USA. Tour Dates have been re-scheduled and all tickets are valid for the new dates. A new Brixton Academy date has been added to the tour schedule.

Is Ben coming to Europe at all now in November/December? If someone could please enlighten us......

Thank you

Offline greggraham

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 01:30:37 PM »
here are the new counting crows dates...

Monday 4/5/09   Carling Academy Sheffield   

Tuesday 5/5/09   Carling Academy Newcastle   
   Sunday 10/5/09   SECC Glasgow
   Monday 11/5/09   Men Arena Manchester
   Wednesday 13/5/09   NIA Birmingham   
   Thursday 14/5/09 Wembley Arena   London   
   Saturday 16/5/09 Cardiff International Arena
   Monday 18/5/09    Bournemouth International Centre
   Tuesday 19/5/09 Nottingham Royal Centre   

Sunday 24/5/09   Brighton Centre   Brighton

they have down graded the bold venues right? cancelled poor ticket sales i recon.

as for ben and his dates....?

Offline wee_lou

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 02:40:09 PM »
I rekon he is going to cancel London too.  >:(

Offline Carolyn

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 02:57:13 PM »
Will they still be with ben?

The academy in sheffield is much smaller than the arena, so i may consider going now.

Offline Hanny

• (8) Laugh all you want, I got my philosophy! (8)
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 03:46:39 PM »
Aw nooo! I don't mind CC being postponed I do mind if Ben's not their support but I would've gone to see them anyway...I do mind about London tho as I've bought bloody flights now and my dad'll be well annoyed! Cos um he paid for flights...

and i would kinda like to know soon as i can at least go to the classics ball if i cant go to london damit. id prefer ben tho as thats what i chose in the first place. aw man.
~ Make me feel tiny if it makes you feel tall but there's always someone cooler than you ~

*~ Han ~*

...smoke...

Offline Damian

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 07:16:29 AM »
It has been confirmed that Ben Folds (and Melee) will NOT support on the rescheduled dates.  Cardiff at least is offering a refund, can't speak for the rest.

Offline kingrikk (Kirk)

• I want to be Kirk.
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 07:33:14 AM »
Aw nooo! I don't mind CC being postponed I do mind if Ben's not their support but I would've gone to see them anyway...I do mind about London tho as I've bought bloody flights now and my dad'll be well annoyed! Cos um he paid for flights...
I reckon if Ben cancels London all of us (including me) who have booked trains/hotels etc should meet up and have our own Ben-a-thon.

I'm not that bothered about CC, although it was near my Birthday, so a bit of Birthday Ben would have been nice, and I'm on holiday during the rescheduled dates so can't go then anyway.

Still, £38.25 refund here I come!

Offline Andy

• I went because you said you'd be there
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 07:34:49 AM »
We've contacted Ben's management to ask what's going on. We'll let you know ASAP.

~A
So smooth you can hear the beard.

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 09:42:18 AM »
Gah...new around here but thought I would join in...

Booked Row B tickets for Ipswich, took 2 days off and booked a hotel...gutted to hear this news. However, I spoke to Ipswich and they said they haven't heard anything.

Not sure if it's a kneejerk reaction to the Crows dates being cancelled though? Surely Ben can't cancel two dates where it's just him...unless it's not economically viable now he's not supporting the Crows.  :( Isn't the London one pretty much sold out too??

Not happy

Timbob

Offline Deano

• It'll be done when I get round to it....
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 10:00:09 AM »
If I had to guess I reckon London will go ahead since it's close to sold out, but might be a solo show...

Offline ~M

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 10:00:30 AM »
He's also doing Holland, Germany, France and Belgium soon, so hopefully he is over for them! Let us know what you hear Andy!

Offline mrs.jones

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008, 10:14:59 AM »
I just found out that Rachel Unthank & The Winterset will support Ben on his dates in Gernany, Belgium and France. They announced it in their blog yesterday:
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=61255650&blogID=446510649

So I believe the tour will happen. At least I hope so...

Offline kingrikk (Kirk)

• I want to be Kirk.
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 10:37:32 AM »
I just found out that Rachel Unthank & The Winterset will support Ben on his dates in Gernany, Belgium and France.
And the UK.

Offline Hanny

• (8) Laugh all you want, I got my philosophy! (8)
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 10:40:04 AM »
I knew Ben and the Crows was too good to be true I'm gutted...now it's a reality...but erm yeh London news would be good, ty Andy!
~ Make me feel tiny if it makes you feel tall but there's always someone cooler than you ~

*~ Han ~*

...smoke...