Live near Sheffield or Bristol? Amanda needs you!

• 10 Replies

Offline kingrikk (Kirk)

• I want to be Kirk.
Live near Sheffield or Bristol? Amanda needs you!
« on: October 06, 2008, 03:18:44 PM »
Apparently Amanda Palmer is only half sold out in Sheffield and Bristol, and so she needs you to turn up and support her gig!

What with breaking her leg and lots of other stuff, it sounds like she's had a pretty sh*tty time on tour, and she gives a f*cking amazing show (at least she did tonight) so GO ALONG ALREADY.

There we go Amanda - I did as I was told :)

DrAlexHaleIII

Re: Live near Sheffield or Bristol? Amanda needs you!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 11:02:26 PM »
I'm already going to see her tomorrow in Sheffield! Stop telling me what to do when I'm already doing it! You're just like my parents!

Offline Damian

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 12:55:46 AM »
Hmmm.  Well, that means she must have sold 150-200 tickets for Bristol.  Two of which I bought myself.  Can't wait for tonight.

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 01:05:59 AM »
I saw this being advertised when I went to see One Republic last week in Sheffield.
I would love to go as I only live 10 miles away from Sheffield and its really easy to get to....but 'him indoors' won't let me!   >:(
Already spent far too much money on gigs this year and have no one else to go with if hubby won't go.  :'(

:-* :-* :-*
And you can see the daisies in her footsteps

Offline Carolyn

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 03:19:55 AM »
I'm going tomorrow too! I can't wait.

DrAlexHaleIII

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 03:32:18 AM »
I saw this being advertised when I went to see One Republic last week in Sheffield.
I would love to go as I only live 10 miles away from Sheffield and its really easy to get to....but 'him indoors' won't let me!   >:(
Already spent far too much money on gigs this year and have no one else to go with if hubby won't go.  :'(

:-* :-* :-*

Where do you live?

And all the cool kids go to gigs alone.

Offline Damian

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 02:58:53 PM »
Nicely busy in the end at Bristol tonight, and a fantastic show.  Two hours long with a foot in plaster is some achievement.

She repeated the above plea in respect of Sheffield tonight.  Heck, if I lived near enough I'd be going again.

DrAlexHaleIII

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 07:59:47 AM »
Sheffield was pretty busy - not sold out, but those of us there created a good enough atmosphere for it to be one of the best shows I've seen (in the UK...) this year. She did a proper meet-and-greet after, too, which was awesome. I was wearing my Ben Folds Live shirt and she talked to me about him and expressed regret at not being able to see the Five's reunion show due to touring.

Offline kingrikk (Kirk)

• I want to be Kirk.
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 09:26:49 AM »
but those of us there created a good enough atmosphere for it to be one of the best shows I've seen (in the UK...) this year.
Yes, it's fair to say that the atmosphere in Manchester was electric as well. Really really great show it was. Especially Umbrella at the end :)

She said we cheered her up lots.

She played Leeds United because we asked for it and Oasis because she was in Manchester. I nearly shouted "Yeeeeaaaah!" during the crackwhore line, but chickened out.

DrAlexHaleIII

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 09:36:32 AM »
No Oasis, no Leeds United, no Runs in the Family, no Point of it all, no Another Year and no What's the use of wond'rin (though that happens to be my least favourite song on the album by a long shot)... In Sheffield, we literally got half the album, "I google you", "Bad Habit", "Back Stabber", "Mrs. O", "Coin-operated Boy", "Half Jack", the "Umbrella" "cover" and the Bon Jovi cover as an encore (together we will defeat Bon Jovi... by singing his song!).

AMANDA IS TOO LOVELY.

Offline kingrikk (Kirk)

• I want to be Kirk.
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 12:30:32 PM »
No Oasis, no Leeds United, no Runs in the Family, no Point of it all, no Another Year and no What's the use of wond'rin (though that happens to be my least favourite song on the album by a long shot)... In Sheffield, we literally got half the album, "I google you", "Bad Habit", "Back Stabber", "Mrs. O", "Coin-operated Boy", "Half Jack", the "Umbrella" "cover" and the Bon Jovi cover as an encore (together we will defeat Bon Jovi... by singing his song!).
That's pretty much what we got. I think we only got Leeds United because someone shouted, and she did a little "covers" section in the middle - something by someone Mancunian who she likes but I didn't recognise, then Apres Moi by Regina Spektor (Really high quality vid of it at my gig) and then she went into Oasis as she was in Manchester.

She did say both before Oasis and Leeds United that she wasn't normally playing them because of the backing band requirement. In Oasis she asked us to imagine it, and in Leeds United we all failed miserably to sing along with the horns as requested.

AMANDA IS TOO LOVELY.
She did seem genuinely touched by how pleased we all were to see her. It was a really good atmosphere, very friendly and happy.