Random Ramblings III

• 1770 Replies

Offline melissa

• Explain it to me again and again, like i care.
Re: Random Ramblings III
« Reply #540 on: November 22, 2008, 09:37:42 AM »
yay for 4 hours of sleep!
and i'm so high not even you and all your love could bring me down

http://www.last.fm/user/foldsisgod/

Offline Hanny

• (8) Laugh all you want, I got my philosophy! (8)
« Reply #541 on: November 22, 2008, 02:18:16 PM »
so f*cking excited for london! they rota-ed me in at work, fools i was like i've had that weekend off for months lol!
~ Make me feel tiny if it makes you feel tall but there's always someone cooler than you ~

*~ Han ~*

...smoke...

Offline Allison

« Reply #542 on: November 22, 2008, 03:24:58 PM »
good morning, children.
it's currently 7:15AM, 8:15 winston-salem time.  i'm just sitting at this computer half awake, half asleep wondering why the f*ck i'm still awake.
hmm...
i'm gonna go to bed now.  get a few hours before waking up for the LSU-ole miss game.  yay!
HA. and i went to bed at 2!

i get to spend the evening with my friends from high school - whom i haven't seen in about two years. this is gonna be fun/most likely very weird.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline Hanny

• (8) Laugh all you want, I got my philosophy! (8)
« Reply #543 on: November 22, 2008, 03:43:58 PM »
and now im reading an exciting article about the debate between oral and written history of ancient greece...im the sadder one! but i did get to watch ben live for like an hr :P
~ Make me feel tiny if it makes you feel tall but there's always someone cooler than you ~

*~ Han ~*

...smoke...

Offline general_apathy (Chloe)

• now here it is, your moment of zen
« Reply #544 on: November 22, 2008, 04:00:42 PM »
i'm watching lsu get their asses kicked.
ouch.
My new philosophy is that a crappy tape deck somewhere plays a greatest hits collection of strange and tender moments, lost, stranded, and forgotten. I'll meet you there.

Offline melissa

• Explain it to me again and again, like i care.
« Reply #545 on: November 22, 2008, 05:01:57 PM »
ouch.

ouch, indeed.  i was there.  suffering through it.
and i'm so high not even you and all your love could bring me down

http://www.last.fm/user/foldsisgod/

Offline general_apathy (Chloe)

• now here it is, your moment of zen
« Reply #546 on: November 22, 2008, 06:55:26 PM »
ouch.

ouch, indeed.  i was there.  suffering through it.

i'm sorry. man, all over the nation there were blowouts. and now, oklahoma and texas tech...my god.
My new philosophy is that a crappy tape deck somewhere plays a greatest hits collection of strange and tender moments, lost, stranded, and forgotten. I'll meet you there.

Offline Seth

« Reply #547 on: November 22, 2008, 11:24:17 PM »
yeah... today was a rather boring day for football.  there were ZERO interesting games... the most interesting prob was ole miss and LSU until that turned into a suckfest.
The-artist-formerly-known-as-crimsontide029

http://www.last.fm/user/crimsontide029

Offline Allison

« Reply #548 on: November 23, 2008, 01:40:00 AM »
i may or may not have run across a leak of ben kweller's album due out in february.

i normally avoid leaks, but this one is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO early. i'm gonna have a hard time resisting.

i'm gonna feel weird tomorrow/later today... packers play on monday, not tomorrow. what to watch??
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline Carolyn

« Reply #549 on: November 23, 2008, 01:47:42 PM »
My dads calling me from the ben folds concert in belgium. Soooo good, and very jealous of my family!

Offline You Dont Know Zach

• And it's terrible pain, and it's all for free.
« Reply #550 on: November 23, 2008, 02:15:44 PM »
My dads calling me from the ben folds concert in belgium. Soooo good, and very jealous of my family!
Not near enough to make it?
dont overplay, keep it simple and in the pocket, support the song, and you will be asked to play more than you have time to. - Chuck Folds

http://www.last.fm/user/YoudontknowZach

Offline Carolyn

« Reply #551 on: November 24, 2008, 02:11:15 AM »
Not near enough to make it?

Nope, wrong country  :( I'm in england at uni. I was tempted to fly over but couldn't really afford it.

Offline algonacchick

• Everywhere I go, damn, there I am
« Reply #552 on: November 24, 2008, 05:53:38 AM »
For anyone who has been following the story of the band who needed a new drummer, the search has ended! We had band practice on Friday with our new drummer, Vern. He's really good, and he likes our style, so this is gonna work out great. He plays acoustic drums, while the dude we fired played electronic ones. Bill *hubby* had to adjust to the sound at first, but as the night wore on, those drums sounded really good. Vern seems to think that we could start playing gigs after just one more practice! Wow, a lot of faith. I better start learning lyrics a little better. I blanked on a verse in "Adam's Apple" by Aerosmith. I love that song, too. So, that is my great news for today! Yay!!

;D
The music-business ship is going down, and Weird Al is standing on the bow, rockin' out ~ Ben Folds
www.myspace.com/bakerbobrules

Offline You Dont Know Zach

• And it's terrible pain, and it's all for free.
« Reply #553 on: November 24, 2008, 11:11:59 AM »
For anyone who has been following the story of the band who needed a new drummer, the search has ended! We had band practice on Friday with our new drummer, Vern. He's really good, and he likes our style, so this is gonna work out great. He plays acoustic drums, while the dude we fired played electronic ones. Bill *hubby* had to adjust to the sound at first, but as the night wore on, those drums sounded really good. Vern seems to think that we could start playing gigs after just one more practice! Wow, a lot of faith. I better start learning lyrics a little better. I blanked on a verse in "Adam's Apple" by Aerosmith. I love that song, too. So, that is my great news for today! Yay!!

;D
Don't worry about the lyrics, Ben messes up selfless cold and composed everytime he plays it now at the second verse exactly and he wrote it. Nice to hear about the drummer, good ones are hard to come by.

Well I'm off to school, later.
dont overplay, keep it simple and in the pocket, support the song, and you will be asked to play more than you have time to. - Chuck Folds

http://www.last.fm/user/YoudontknowZach

Offline Andy

• I went because you said you'd be there
« Reply #554 on: November 24, 2008, 12:16:35 PM »
See you guys later - I'm off to move into a hotel.

I am Alan Partridge.

~A
So smooth you can hear the beard.