Ben on Chris Moyles. Sort of.

• 4 Replies

Offline kingrikk (Kirk)

• I want to be Kirk.
Ben on Chris Moyles. Sort of.
« on: September 16, 2008, 12:53:07 PM »
I get up early. So I hear the start of Chris Moyles show when I'm mostly asleep. Imagine my surprise when his opening montage music used the intro to Zak and Sara! It's in another jingle they're using while in LA too.

OK. That's all.

Offline wee_lou

Re: Ben on Chris Moyles. Sort of.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 01:19:52 PM »
wow, thats cool!
i'll need to listen out for it, although i hate the chris moyles show  >:(

Offline kingrikk (Kirk)

• I want to be Kirk.
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 01:27:27 PM »
If you listen again it's right at the beginning - like a minute in.

I like Chris Moyles. I think he's a really nice guy when he's not playing his character, and I like his style of humour. I don't, however, like Radio 1.

Also, I understand how that sort of radio works - you need to be an idiot, you need to be loud, you need to be just annoying enough... that people text, email and phone in. 3.5 hours a day is a hell of a long time to fill. If you can rant for a minute about something, that's another minute filled. And another 5 minutes filled reading out all the texts and arguing with the listeners. And that makes people feel involved.

Offline wee_lou

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 01:47:12 PM »
i suppose... it just really gets on my nerves because the other people in my office INSIST on playing Radio 1 all day every day. When you listen to it from 8-8 it gets a bit repetitve.

Offline flutterbee

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 12:16:45 PM »
Even though it had a stupid voice over it still gave me shivers down my back. Thats Ben for you.