Delayed Fan Club Announcement as per...

• 68 Replies

Offline Hanny

• (8) Laugh all you want, I got my philosophy! (8)
Delayed Fan Club Announcement as per...
« on: September 05, 2008, 01:42:55 PM »
The email reads:

Hey fan club members!

A whole new way to normal is coming at you! In the coming weeks, Ben Folds fans will experience a whole new way of enjoying one of their favorite artists. Ben’s US Fall Tour is on-sale, a new album is right around the corner and both Ben’s official website and fan club get a fresh new look.

The relaunch of the official Ben Folds fan club aims to make your online experience more user-friendly and will feature lots of new bells and whistles that will bring the Ben Folds fan community closer together. More details to follow, but don’t worry: if you just joined and are waiting on getting your welcome package: you’ll be receiving it very soon!

In the spirit of change for the better, we also have a special announcement to share with you. Ben Folds Five is reuniting for a special live concert for MySpace’s new "Front To Back" program, which celebrates iconic albums that have helped shape the MySpace Generation. MySpace kicks off this program by reuniting beloved alt-pop band Ben Folds Five with an exclusive one-time live performance of their final studio album together, The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner, in its entirety. The concert will be the band's first performance together in nearly ten years and will take place in the band’s former hometown of Chapel Hill, North Carolina on September 18, 2008 at the UNC Memorial Hall and will air on http://myspace.com/fronttoback in October.

"When MySpace approached me about doing this gig," Ben Folds said, "I misunderstood and thought they wanted us to play Purple Rain front to back, so of course I said yes. But we're happy to do "The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner" instead. Of our three albums, this one brings back the most vivid memories.  It was actually written to be one song of many movements, which is why there are motifs that appear throughout the album. That should make 'Reinhold' a natural to be played front to back."

We have reserved a block of tickets exclusively for Ben Folds fan club members and will host a ticket lottery and choose 25 lucky fan club members that respond by Sunday, September 7 at 12pm EST. Those chosen will have the opportunity to purchase 2 tickets to this exclusive event featuring the newly reunited Ben Folds Five.  Duno if I should mention where to email in case i annoy people just ask your fanclub friends.  Note: no transportation or accommodations will be included and you will have to get yourself to and from the event.  We will notify all winners via email by Sunday, September 7 at 8pm EST.

Tickets to the Ben Folds Five Front to Back taping will go on sale to the general public through etix.com on September 8th at 10am EST. Portion of proceeds from concert will benefit Operation Smile: Changing Lives One Smile at a Time.

Looking forward to seeing you at the show.

--  Ben Folds fan club
~ Make me feel tiny if it makes you feel tall but there's always someone cooler than you ~

*~ Han ~*

...smoke...

Offline Allison

Re: Delayed Fan Club Announcement as per...
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 01:50:25 PM »
Nicely done with hiding the email.

Not to be stingy. But I feel like this actually makes it worth being part of the bffc. if it works out.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline TheGreatBenfolio

• Is there a funnel from her butt to your mouth now?
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 04:17:34 PM »
I sent in my request.

Not that it makes a difference. If I can't buy a ticket Monday or get in on the lotto, I got a hook up in NC that is employed in doing promotions for the event. He might be able to get me a ticket/backstage pass OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!

Not holding my breath as the guy is one of my wife's exes....

Offline Allison

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 04:50:29 PM »
Maybe I need to start talking to Darren more fervently...

If you get backstage passes I will kill you.

After stealing it from you.

The jail time will be worth it. :P

(I'm kidding. Mostly.)

Offline RubberSled

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 05:22:30 PM »
does the confusion with purple rain mean that prince might be on the myspace 'front-to-back' roster?
suppose I'll post on thesymbol.org.uk and see what gives!
'sled

Offline TheGreatBenfolio

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 06:28:50 PM »
Maybe I need to start talking to Darren more fervently...

If you get backstage passes I will kill you.

After stealing it from you.

The jail time will be worth it. :P

(I'm kidding. Mostly.)

I'll sneak you in  ;)

Offline Seth

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 10:35:48 PM »
So I assume that all the lottery winners were notified?  I didn't get any kind of email, so I assume I didn't get it.  Anybody else get it?
The-artist-formerly-known-as-crimsontide029

http://www.last.fm/user/crimsontide029

Offline TheGreatBenfolio

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 08:07:37 AM »
Nothing yet.... I e-mailed the fan club before I left for work (can't check my mail from here) so by tonight hopefully we will know something.

DrAlexHaleIII

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 08:13:08 AM »
DAMN YOU FAN CLUB!

Offline jpar

• The Whole World is My Coaster
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 09:06:30 PM »
Nothing yet.... I e-mailed the fan club before I left for work (can't check my mail from here) so by tonight hopefully we will know something.

Has anyone heard anything yet?

Offline Allison

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 09:15:04 PM »
No. That is odd to me. No one at all has won, to our knoweldge.

I think it'd be better if the fanclub at least said; HEY these 25 people won.

Even if it wasn't you.

Offline Fongolia

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 02:35:09 PM »
Good god. I WON.  42 minutes ago I got this e-mail:

"Hey Ben Folds Fan Club members!

CONGRATULATIONS!  Your name has been chosen from our lottery of entrants.
We have reserved a pair of tickets in your name to attend the Ben Folds Five
Reunion in Chapel Hill, North Carolina on September 18, 2008 at the UNC
Memorial Hall.

We will send you an email later this week on how you can redeem and purchase
these fan club exclusive tickets.  Please let us know if you will not be
able to attend so we can offer these killer tickets to another fan club
member.

We’ll definitely see you at the show."

Yesterday I went through the whole gamut of emotions stemming from the hell of trying to get tickets on etix that when I clicked on my e-mail with the subject "CONGRATS!!" it took about 30 seconds to fully register what just occurred.  In fact, I wasn't even excited because I had spent all yesterday justifying to myself that it was better I didn't get a ticket because of the excessive cost of me getting to Chapel Hill, it would be broadcast in October, and I already have $50 tickets to another concert that day.  Now I have a week to pull this ridiculous trip off.  This is the first thing the fan club is good for and I didn't even win the tickets, I still have to pay for them!  Don't think I'm not grateful though... I'm still in shock and need to mull this over more.

Offline TheGreatBenfolio

Offline neveryoumind

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 07:32:06 PM »
I just got the email too. I have no idea what I'm going to do at this point. I entered when a friend of mine told me she would drive if I could get a hold of tickets. I spoke to her earlier today and she told me that she can't get off of work. I figured it worked out for the best. My car is in crappy shape at the moment so I'm not sure how I'm going to get there. If someone is willing to drive through KY to get the show I have an extra ticket :).

One question though...WTF was the fan club thinking with this delay? So many people have gone to extraordinary lengths to get tickets after they couldn't get them through the website.

Offline Allison

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 07:39:26 PM »
Yeah.

Dear BFFC,
Go suck a large one.
Sincerely,
Me.
PS: You owe me a lot of money.

We might be able to pick you up along the way. WIChris and I (hahaha you're still WIChris to me), at least, are driving from Chicago to Chapel Hill (it's cheaper than flying at this point) and I think we go that way. HEYYYYYYY. Could we stay with you the night of the 17th?