Mysterious New Songs?

• 317 Replies

Offline kelbry21999

• I'm a llama!
Re: Mysterious New Songs?
« Reply #195 on: July 19, 2008, 05:55:53 PM »
anyone wanna post these to sendspace or direct me to a torrent?
I can only find the 9 track... pm me plz

Offline Allison

« Reply #196 on: July 19, 2008, 07:25:26 PM »
9 track is all we've got.

on the cease and desist the record label specifically asked to call them... is that normal?

And I vote you call. Just because I would like answers.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

« Reply #197 on: July 19, 2008, 09:09:56 PM »
can someone send them to my email? tylorwalls[at]gmail[dot]com

Offline TheGreatBenfolio

• Is there a funnel from her butt to your mouth now?
« Reply #198 on: July 19, 2008, 11:25:01 PM »
Got damn, even Kyle came out of the woodwork on this shit.

I need to have those tracks (benfolio at gmail).

f*cking Ben, being all sneaky and shit.

And if it is just unfinished songs/Ben screwing around, then I'd love to hear them, anything Ben is a keeper in my book.

Offline kelbry21999

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #199 on: July 20, 2008, 04:46:37 AM »
anyone wanna post these to sendspace or direct me to a torrent?
I can only find the 9 track... pm me plz

woops i meant i can only find the 6

Offline wee_lou

« Reply #200 on: July 20, 2008, 05:04:12 AM »
^ me too
although i'm not sure i want to hear the other one  ???

Offline Brian Golley

• Peace and harmony, man.
« Reply #201 on: July 20, 2008, 07:40:57 AM »
Geez, did I miss the boat or what. If anyone wants to email me the tracks I would much appreciate it.

Tim (the guy who is never going a weekend without checking into the burbs again).

« Reply #202 on: July 20, 2008, 11:57:55 AM »
Have to add a "Ditto" to the request for the additional three tracks. You go away for a little while and it all kicks off :)

DrAlexHaleIII

« Reply #203 on: July 20, 2008, 12:42:34 PM »
I got back from France, having slept for but 4 hours, to find this mammothic thread and promptly got in touch with a certain Weinerific friend of mine for the full story. I'm currently making my way through the tracks (I know I said I wouldn't somewhere before but this is so intriguing I don't really have any choice...) and I agree that certain numbers feel more legitimate than others. I don't think this is the finished outfit by any means - someone is most definitely pulling our legs. I'm not saying that I HOPE that it's a joke (though I do, as that would obviously mean more Ben, and I will still listen to these tracks as much as the actual album) but I do think that it probably is. The most striking thing in my opinion is the fact that there are only 9 tracks and we were discussing just the other week how 9 Ben tracks wouldn't be enough. If this really is a joke for our benefit, Ben has been very observant...

I've seen three of these songs live (if we're counting "Effington" and "Way to Normal" as the same... Which I don't think we are, but I don't know): "Free Coffee", "Way to Normal" and "Hiroshima" and I think that:

- "Free Coffee" sounds nothing like the live version I saw. Granted, having only listened to it once live, I don't remember that much, but some of the lyrics I picked up on very much in the live song are completely absent from the recorded version and the instrumentation is obviously different.

- "Hiroshima" is a genuine recording of the song I saw live.

- "Way to Normal" doesn't really feel like Effington to me... Plus, Ben is really obsessed with that whole "If there's a God he's laughing at us and our football team" lyric.

In conclusion... I don't know. Maybe some of these are real, maybe not. I don't think all of them are. Maybe one or two. I even have some doubts about the ones that have been generally accepted as genuine, though...

I'm sure we'll see a real tracklist eventually and maybe that will confirm or deny the validity of what we have here, as will the professional reviews and so on. It's all very confusing and I can't see us working much else out without word from the man himself, or at least someone in the know...

Offline wee_lou

« Reply #204 on: July 20, 2008, 01:22:01 PM »
thats true - if its released in September then it will already have been mailed to the press, (any one know any journo's?!)
its only a matter of time before the real (or confirmed) tracklisting appears on the net

DrAlexHaleIII

« Reply #205 on: July 20, 2008, 02:00:58 PM »
Also, one final thought, but Ben songs don't usually tag as "feat. (artist)" (although I do seem to remember seeing "Get your hands off of my woman" labelled as "Ben Folds & Corn Mo" or something of the sort before). Perhaps that's just me, but I've never seen "Fred Jones, Part II (feat. John McCrea)" and I don't even really recall the Fear of Pop-Shatner stuff being labelled as such...

« Reply #206 on: July 20, 2008, 02:10:52 PM »
Also, one final thought, but Ben songs don't usually tag as "feat. (artist)" (although I do seem to remember seeing "Get your hands off of my woman" labelled as "Ben Folds & Corn Mo" or something of the sort before). Perhaps that's just me, but I've never seen "Fred Jones, Part II (feat. John McCrea)" and I don't even really recall the Fear of Pop-Shatner stuff being labelled as such...

Alex, i'm guessing that you are reffering to 'You Don't Know Me'? In the original version I downloaded it is just tagged as Ben Folds.  Maybe whoever uploaded the version you have added the tag??
http://www.last.fm/user/BadMullet

i figure they don't care anymore and now they blow donkey dicks

Offline Eric

« Reply #207 on: July 20, 2008, 02:17:04 PM »

Alex, i'm guessing that you are reffering to 'You Don't Know Me'? In the original version I downloaded it is just tagged as Ben Folds.  Maybe whoever uploaded the version you have added the tag??
mine has the title as "You Don't Know Me (feat Regina Spektor)"

also, i really wish there was some official word on what this stuff is. :-\

« Reply #208 on: July 20, 2008, 02:25:08 PM »
It is very confusing.

For those of you who have the tracks, live versions of Effington / Way to Normal?, BitchWentNuts and Free Coffee are all available at www.fishyrecordings.com/benfolds/2008.03.02_-_Iowa_City,_IA/
These live versions all sound the same as those Ben is currently performing live and nothing like the 3 tracks that have been leaked.  Hiroshima however sounds identical
Listen for yourselves......
http://www.last.fm/user/BadMullet

i figure they don't care anymore and now they blow donkey dicks

Offline Eric

« Reply #209 on: July 20, 2008, 02:28:34 PM »
i have the 9-track one, but any chance someone can send me the track "Long Way" from the 6-track EP thing? i understand it's the end of Cologne, but i'd still like to have it so i can have the "EP".

EricTheDerek[at]aol[dot]com

thanks