Newcastle June 24th 2008

• 8 Replies

Offline Hanny

• (8) Laugh all you want, I got my philosophy! (8)
Newcastle June 24th 2008
« on: June 24, 2008, 03:28:55 PM »
Okay, I made notes in my phone to remember as I'm a bit forgetful and was feeling the pressure  :P

(Yeah and due to living with a laptop with no sound I hadn't heard new stuff apart from Kylie and Free Coffee properly so please do correct me with song titles!

Opening:

assh*le (? name anyone)
Gone
You To Thank
<Then he puts tins and a cookie tin lid in the piano and uses the distorter which means...>
Free Coffee (f*cking love this one personally)
All U Can Eat
Jesusland
Landed
Brainwashed (? I think, he told the story about falling off a stage in Japan and bleeding all over the piano but carrying on with the show and then going and getting his head x-rayed...)
Annie Waits
Battle of Who Could Care Less (An unexpected but well received one!)
Goodnight
Kylie
Narcolepsy
Army (which he didn't dwell on as much as I've seen him do in the past)
Rockin' The Suburbs
Kate
Underground (one of my favs :) )
Ode to bridge in Newcastle/RTB Newcastle - this was really funny, proper improv, told us about the indian he had earlier in Newcastle that had made him feel a bit off and about the millenium bridge (not that Ben knew the name of it, just loved the personal touch kinda made the fact he was actually in Newcastle hit home to me!)
Zak and Sara
Havanagila
<Now Ben tells us of how this line came into his head while he was in the shower standing with a bar of soap...If theres a god out there he's laughing at us, and our football team...>
Effington
Not the Same  - with which he breaks the audience up into 3 part harmonies! was very fun, he got excited climbed on the piano and everything!

I really got the impression Ben enjoyed tonight! He was full of energy, lots of new stuff and some old which is good, dad didn't know quite a bit of it and I was quite prod of us being second row despite his injury! (which he didnt tell me till afterwards had swollen up during the performance so he couldnt bend it properly!)

I've got some amazing photos but I don't know how to upload them still because I am thick! I'll have a go but you could just check them out on my facebook peeps, if I love you enough anyway ;)

Just can't wait for Glasto now!

Oh bought two tshirts, Dad didn't buy the "I loved Ben Folds before he sucked" Tour T as he felt as a bloke there was just too many connotations, however I bought one and a navy one with Ben faces on, £20 a piece is pretty steep tho!

Jared and Sam were on top form tonight as well, they work so well together! SO GOOD!

Still rather high...;D mint show! \m/
~ Make me feel tiny if it makes you feel tall but there's always someone cooler than you ~

*~ Han ~*

...smoke...

Offline melissa

• Explain it to me again and again, like i care.
Re: Newcastle June 24th 2008
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 06:57:35 PM »
assh*le = errant dog, i'm assuming.
brainwashed = hiroshima
and i'm so high not even you and all your love could bring me down

http://www.last.fm/user/foldsisgod/

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 07:32:07 PM »
goodnight= lullabye??

Offline Hanny

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 11:54:20 PM »
yes your right about lullabye and yeah mel i assume your right too! you do knmow everything ben!
~ Make me feel tiny if it makes you feel tall but there's always someone cooler than you ~

*~ Han ~*

...smoke...

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 07:53:10 AM »
all nit-picking aside.
thanks for the review!

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 02:19:12 PM »
Ben and the boys were on top form last night.

I travelled with my daughter from East Lothian in Scotland down to Newcastle for the show.

Firstly I have to say one of the things that really annoys me nowadays is the amount of people at gigs that talk all the way thru' the performance.

I can't believe that when Ben announced the next track he was about to play was one of the quieter ones on the new album, people around where we were started talking louder !!!!!!!!!!!!!! When you've travelled the distance we did it does PISS YOU OFF !!!!!

The "new" songs mixed well with the older ones and I'm looking forward to the release of the new album in September.

I'm now jealous of my other daughter who will be going to T in The Park in a few weeks time and is looking forward to Ben and the boys performance there.

The best I can hope for is some coverage of this weekend's Glastonbury show on the BBC.

Let's hope that Ben comes back later in the year to promote the album and plays a gig in Scotland that'll save me a 250 mile round trip.

Offline Euan

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 03:26:39 PM »
Thank god. Finally someone else in scotland, even from my edinburgh side by the sounds of it.  Where have you been hidin all this time? :D

Offline melissa

• Explain it to me again and again, like i care.
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 11:53:14 PM »
i have a friend studying abroad in Edinburgh right now.  he's a fan of Ben, but he's poor.   :'(
and i'm so high not even you and all your love could bring me down

http://www.last.fm/user/foldsisgod/

Offline Hanny

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 06:17:09 AM »
I have emailed the guy who asked for some photos and anyone else who was at newc and wants some pics just pm me, I've uploaded the best from Newc onto my fb :) still awaiting new laptop and having to do them 5 at a time so it's taking forever...so i'll do glasto and jason mraz photos another day, tried adding photos to this thread but either I or this laptop can't handle it...lol

*~ Han ~*

...smoke...