Bright Eyes

• 21 Replies

Offline general_apathy (Chloe)

• now here it is, your moment of zen
Re: Bright Eyes
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2007, 08:49:50 AM »
Yeah, Cassadega is really good. Even the single "Four Winds" has some of the best lyrics I've ever heard.
My new philosophy is that a crappy tape deck somewhere plays a greatest hits collection of strange and tender moments, lost, stranded, and forgotten. I'll meet you there.

DrAlexHaleIII

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2007, 08:53:38 AM »
You have to play Four Winds in the car. Loud. With friends who only like commercial music.

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2007, 08:58:31 AM »
Yeah, that's the way to go. My mom really likes that song. So we play it really loud whenever we go up to Portland...
My new philosophy is that a crappy tape deck somewhere plays a greatest hits collection of strange and tender moments, lost, stranded, and forgotten. I'll meet you there.

DrAlexHaleIII

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2007, 09:38:22 AM »
I'm really into Lifted's "Make War" at the minute, though.

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2007, 10:05:53 AM »
I bought a copy of "I'm Wide Awake..." a long time ago, and it didn't work, so I had to go out and download it. "Make War" is good though. My favorite off of Lifted, would have to be "Nothing Gets Crossed Out". Beautiful.

DrAlexHaleIII

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2007, 05:53:34 AM »
"Nothing gets crossed out", "From a Balance Beam", "Bowl of Oranges", "Make War" and "Let's not shit ourselves" are my favourites from Lifted. NGCO is the first song off of that album I've randomly found myself humming. I learnt all the words to "Make War" now, though, and play a stripped down version of it on the guitar.

I realised today that a "good" album is one that doesn't have an absolute favourite track on it. That's pretty much the case with all the Bright Eyes albums at the minute for me (though, like I've said, "Cleanse Song" on Cassadaga does something crazy to me.

DrAlexHaleIII

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2007, 10:55:47 AM »
Wow, I got the band's split EP with Neva Dinova... It's freakin' awesome.