The Bens Re-uniting?!?

• 22 Replies

Offline general_apathy (Chloe)

• now here it is, your moment of zen
The Bens Re-uniting?!?
« on: July 12, 2007, 07:55:30 PM »
Taken from Ben Lee's new blog...read the bold:

Sitting in a house, looking out at the beach, on the east coast of the USA.

I just spent 10 days with my spiritual teacher Narayani Amma, and many worlds were colliding and integrating in fascinating ways. I mixed prayer and meditation ceremonies with stepping outside to discuss video concepts and album artwork on my Blackberry. I looked at tour schedules for the rest of 07 after performing devotional songs for Amma. At one point, I was in a convoy of cars driving him to the airport, and was on the phone live with Australian radio stations launching my new single. I guess this is what Bono calls "riding a wild boar" - believing that all experiences are possible and need not exclude each other. Finding balance and pushing the boundaries.

Last night outside the Mercer Hotel in NY, I bumped into Courtney Love who was rehearsing her new songs with her guitar player on the sidewalk. She talked a mile a minute about her new record, the secret billionaires that she wants to marry, how she assembled her new band, what makes a great drummer, why she's not allowed in the Hamptons anymore, and lots and lots of other things. She dissed her last record quite heavily and was a bit shocked that I could quote back to her all the lyrics to "But Julian, I'm a little bit older than you". I'm fascinated by Courtney and always have been. I'm intrigued to hear this new album. She always gives pop culture a shake up. I'm glad she's still doing it.

OK, here's some gossip for you...there have been some VERY PRELIMINARY talks between the fine gentlemen known collectively as The Bens about getting together sometime before the years end to record some new tunes. That's all I can say for now. Fingers crossed that the stars align themselves in order for it all to happen.

The new single "Love Me Like the World is Ending" should be up on myspace any minute now, so check it out when you've got a minute. Some of you will love it, some will hate it, and some may try to wear it as a sock (this is unadvisable...mp3s do not work very well as footwear). Anyway, have a listen and see what you feel (footnote: always avoid "thinking" about music if possible, it never helps).

Lots of tourdates to come soon.
Be prepared.

Big love
Ben

Good news, ya?
My new philosophy is that a crappy tape deck somewhere plays a greatest hits collection of strange and tender moments, lost, stranded, and forgotten. I'll meet you there.

Offline whenlabratsgobad

• Sham On.
Re: The Bens Re-uniting?!?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 08:37:44 PM »
Holy shit, how amazing would that be?

Offline speedy_the_drummer

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 08:41:23 PM »
Really amazing.

Offline Disease

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 05:09:32 AM »
AHH I just came here to post this. How great is that?! I cannot wait and hope hope hope that it comes to be.

Offline Kidney05

• woke up way too normal
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 10:03:19 AM »
awesome.  my ben faith just jumped up.
nobody deserves posts on their myspace site asking if they stabbed basketballs.

Offline Rogo47

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 12:06:21 PM »
Commence finger crossing

Offline SinginJen

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 02:23:24 PM »
aiefoiawjfksldfjaosidjf excitement. !!
too school for c...too cool for school
(too cool for school, y'all)

Offline Allison

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 01:21:59 AM »
Oh. I might stop being mad at Mr. Folds if that happens.

THAT IS.... if it doesn't put off his solo album any more....

Seems like he's trying to fill his plate with more so he can keep forgetting about his tunes. Amanda Palmer's record, and possibly The Bens? Like, What? Where's room for that writing you're supposed to be doing this fall, Mr. Folds? HUM!?
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline whenlabratsgobad

• Sham On.
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2007, 07:34:28 AM »
Maybe he's secretly been recording all the "Rock This Bitch"es he's been doing lately and going to put together an giant RTB album?

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2007, 07:57:56 AM »
Maybe he's secretly been recording all the "Rock This Bitch"es he's been doing lately and going to put together an giant RTB album?

If thats what ben's new album ends up being, i'd be very disapointed.

But this "The Bens" thing has me very optomistic. If they do end up recording, I'd be absolutely ecstatic.

Offline Ive Landed

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2007, 02:19:06 PM »
That would be very cool if they recorded together again! I love "Bruised".
'You know what hope is? Hope is a bastard; Hope is a liar, a cheat, and a tease. Hope comes near you; kick its backside. Got no place in days like these.'

-Christine
www.last.fm/user/iheartsuds

Offline Hanny

• (8) Laugh all you want, I got my philosophy! (8)
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 01:05:51 AM »
maybe they could do a UK tour =)
~ Make me feel tiny if it makes you feel tall but there's always someone cooler than you ~

*~ Han ~*

...smoke...

Offline general_apathy (Chloe)

• now here it is, your moment of zen
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 09:14:03 AM »
Damn, I thought this thread would have a little more happening...
My new philosophy is that a crappy tape deck somewhere plays a greatest hits collection of strange and tender moments, lost, stranded, and forgotten. I'll meet you there.

Offline Rogo47

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 07:27:04 PM »
Well I'll be seeing BK along with Guster Friday and Sunday and I hope to meet him and ask him about it.

Offline ~lauren~

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2007, 01:55:21 AM »
any aussies watch jtv saturday? ben lee was on & talked again about the bens reuniting next year. apparently they've exchanged a few emails and are still figuring out a time to tour. not too sure where, but it sounded like they'd definitely be coming to oz.
my recollection of anything else said is pretty vague. it was too early in the morning for me.