Amsterdam

• 38 Replies

Offline Carolyn

Amsterdam
« on: January 29, 2007, 11:35:55 AM »
My turn to see Ben tomorrow! Veryyyyyyy excited  :)

Offline AnnaWaits

• "The people have spoken!"
Re: Amsterdam
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 12:44:55 PM »
Yay, have fun miss!
So much time, so little to say...

Offline Carolyn

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 01:56:55 PM »
Eugh, one of my friends just pulled out of going tomorrow! But she is ill so i forgive her. I'm hoping my other friend can go, she went to see Razorlight tonight and met Johnny Borell, lucky her... ::)

DrAlexHaleIII

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 02:16:30 PM »
I already told you I'd go instead, you don't have to beg!!!

Offline Carolyn

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 04:49:26 PM »
Just got back!!! Its quarter to 2, and i have to wake up by 7 for school haha. But it was amazinggggggggg! The venue was sooooo nice (i'm easily pleased by stained glass windows and balconys) but it was way smaller than i expected.
I'll put up the set list tomorrow, i can't actually remember the order except the first 2 and the last few (what a rubbish memory) but i pretty much remember what he played. It was a very good set list. I also got some good pics and vids which i'll put up tomorrow.

I begged my parents to let me go to Ghent tomorrow to see him, but they said no!! Aghhh, i wish i could drive. Its so much closer than Amsterdam...

Anyway, better get some sleep.

Offline Carolyn

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 12:48:27 AM »
Here is a set list, which like i said before, isn't in the right order... i might have forgotten a song or two but maybe not...

Annie Waits
Theme from Dr. Pyser
Bastard
Trusted
You To Thank
Story about Las Vegas which I won't repeat, but he made up a song about it.
Rock this Amsterdam Bitch
Gone
Cooler Than You
Learn to Live
Jesusland
Landed
Bitches ain't shit
Fred Jones (solo)
Brick (solo)
Lullabye (solo)
Narcolepsy
Army
Losing Lisa
Still Fighting It
Such Great Heights
All U can Eat
Kate
One Angry Dwarf
Not The Same
Underground
Zak and Sara

It was a good night! Shame I couldn't stay too long after to try meet him but it was a long trip back and my parents had already driven us so couldn't expect much more.
Clem Snide was really good too.

Offline pano

• my idea of faith
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 12:53:50 AM »
just woke up (way too late :) ) after getting home at three last night from what was easily the best f*cking ben experience i've ever had. this gig was AMAZING! (sory for shouting at ya). from your recent gig reviews i didn't get the impression that the boys would rock so hard, and i loved it! and the band did, too: we even got a second encore right after house lights went up. intro was 'in the air tonight', with ben sneaking on stage in the dark and delivering the trademark drum break himself. the show part after the solo bit (lullabye! fantastic take!!) was just uptempo hit after the other, with kate emerging directly out of the army outro - wonderful! messner was featured prominently among the spare bff stuff, the self-titled being left out except for underground (which i really, really liked! but, by then, i would have liked him doing phil collins-covers!)

here's my go at the setlist, didn't take notes or anything so it get's all mesed up in the middle. i'm sure carolyn can nail it, though:

from tape:
in the air tonight

annie waits
theme from dr. pyser
trusted
keyboard intro, techno jam, stuff like that
gone

not sure about song order from here, but here's what we got: still fighting it, (carrying cathy)?, landed, bastard, you to thank, learn to live, all u can eat, there's always someone cooler that you, jesusland, bitches, losing lisa, rock this bitch

solo:
fred jones pt 2
brick
lullabye

w/band:
narcolepsy (wow!)
such great heights
army
kate
one angry dwarf

encore #1:
not the same
underground

encore #2:
zak and sara

as i said: a truely breathtaking experience. not much banter in the set. didn't miss it much... i'm really looking forward towards berlin next week, although this gig will be hard to beat!

cheers, pano

Offline pano

• my idea of faith
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 12:55:57 AM »
oh, carolyn, you beat me by minutes :) clem snide was boring, in my humble opinion. what has he done the last couple years? did he change a single song compared to two years ago?

DrAlexHaleIII

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 01:06:38 AM »
He opened with "Annie" and did freakin' "Lullabye"??! AWESOME!!!

Sounds like you had a really good gig :)

Offline Allison

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 01:14:54 AM »
So no Carrying Cathy? Because I nearly peed myself when I saw that on your list pano. :)

Lullabye? That's a nice rare one. Mmmm. I cried when he did that one. Does that make me lame?
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline pano

• my idea of faith
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 01:40:16 AM »
Lullabye? That's a nice rare one. Mmmm. I cried when he did that one. Does that make me lame?

that makes you, uh, sensible. slap the dude who tells you it's lame :)

Offline Allison

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 02:06:36 AM »
Good deal. I'd end up hitting a lot of people. I get "shit" about Ben all the time. Hahaha.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline Carolyn

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 03:20:35 AM »
My order was very wrong, because i can't remember... but in the car home me and my friends were trying to remember what he played. I think we got them all. I don't remember him playing Carrying Cathy.

I got some pretty good pictures but i'm at school at the moment. My mum agreed to pick me up at lunch (and miss physics) so i can go home and get some sleep. Yay! I'm in year book now... why should football and hockey get 2 pages, and cross country only get 1?! grrr.

Anyway... I'm going to run to Ghent so I can see Ben again...

Offline Jwade

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 04:39:36 AM »
Oh Maaaaan.. I wanted Lullabye tp be played at the wolves show... I shouted it out but to no avail.. It's beautifull Love the solo!

Offline AnnaWaits

• "The people have spoken!"
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2007, 05:37:30 AM »
I wanna see Lullabye live... and Girl. Heh.

Glad you had a great time people x
So much time, so little to say...