Are the UK shows already sold out?

• 16 Replies
Are the UK shows already sold out?
« on: May 03, 2005, 04:09:21 AM »
I've been monitoring ticketmaster for weeks to try and get my hands on a couple of tickets in Southampton, but there has never been any availability. I've now tried a few other web sites and was shocked to see one describe the southampton show (and all others apart from Hammersmith) as sold out. Is that true?

I had no problem getting late availability for the El Rey show in Los Angeles, but is the UK audience keener to see Mr Folds than his own countrymen? Hammersmith would have been my first choice venue from where I live, but it is the one day that I cannot do.

Offline Andy

• I went because you said you'd be there
Re: Are the UK shows already sold out?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 04:52:59 AM »
the UK audience keener to see Mr Folds than his own countrymen?

I wouldn't be surprised - we don't get him that often! Last time we had time was October 2002. This tour has also been postponed from late last year, so in effect he's had double-promotion.

~A
So smooth you can hear the beard.

Offline Hanny

• (8) Laugh all you want, I got my philosophy! (8)
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 01:13:14 PM »
well he's not exactly making many stops either, just glad he's coming  ;D less than a month now !!!
~ Make me feel tiny if it makes you feel tall but there's always someone cooler than you ~

*~ Han ~*

...smoke...

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 09:15:57 AM »
Not sure if this tread is done with but just in case the person who wanted tickets for the Southampton gig comes back to check on it there are still tickets availible check them out on www.seetickets.com it's an all seated gig and i'm not sure what the seats that are left are like but there are some there for the taking. Hope that helps.

``````````over and out.
Elliott.

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 09:44:55 AM »
To bad the shows are in the middle of my exams, else I might travel to the UK for the show (that was if there still were tickets of course)   And why was it that good bands never come to Belgium again? I need to move :(   Concerttravels are taking me all my money  :p
Belgium, the land of chocolate, beer, fries, Brussel waffels... and ME

Offline livelovelearn

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 11:25:01 PM »
Not sure if this tread is done with but just in case the person who wanted tickets for the Southampton gig comes back to check on it there are still tickets availible check them out on www.seetickets.com it's an all seated gig and i'm not sure what the seats that are left are like but there are some there for the taking. Hope that helps.

``````````over and out.
Elliott.

There are no tickets on See tickets.com or indeed anywhere - they say there are but when you enter the amount of tickets you want (even if you only want 1) it says there arent any available.

I am after 2 Southampton tickets too but am having sh*t luck  :(
"But then, you open your eyes, and you see someone, that you physically despise. But my heart, is open, to you..."

Offline ~M

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2005, 10:16:09 AM »
To bad the shows are in the middle of my exams, else I might travel to the UK for the show (that was if there still were tickets of course)   And why was it that good bands never come to Belgium again? I need to move :(   Concerttravels are taking me all my money  :p

You ever been to Rock Werchter? I went in 2003 and that was absolutely amazing! We get so many good bands in Belgium, or at least within a few hours drive away!

Offline Carolyn

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2005, 01:50:51 AM »
Hi!
Loads and loads of good bands come to Belgium! Maybe not as many as the UK but it is only belgium...! Just seen Bruce Springsteen on Monday, going to Werchter (REM are going with a loads more bands). Anyway, Belgium is the best  :D ... except Ben Folds isn't coming  >:(

I would have travelled to the UK as well if it wasn't for exams! I had tickets for the first time he was going in November and even plane tickets but then he cancelled so i ended up visiting my brothers! (Not as good). Nearly managed to go but can't  :(
(ScrewedHippys sister)

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2005, 03:11:15 AM »
Hi

I saw Ben in Belgium back in 99/2000 when it was BF5, so he does play there.  Of course he may have been put off by the strangly quiet crowd.  U guys gotta start screaming.  Rock Werchter is a great festival, went to it 2000 and had a fantastic time.

FYI I'm a londoner who lived in Belgium for a year.  Was at the Barbican last night, wow, it would have been worth travelling over for.  It was one of the best gigs I've ever been to, and I go to a lot of gigs!

Offline Carolyn

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2005, 04:31:43 AM »
haha yeh wouldn't say Ben Folds is the best known guy over here... Werchter is great though. Really looking forward to it this year.

I would have come over but brother claimed it would be too difficult for him to pick me up from the airport, take me, then take me back to the airport!! Typical...
Plus I should be revising... should being the main word, listening to ben folds thinking of how jealous I am of all the people that saw him is what I am really doing hehe.

Offline Oranges

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2005, 09:23:50 AM »
I saw Ben in Belgium back in 99/2000 when it was BF5, so he does play there.  Of course he may have been put off by the strangly quiet crowd.  U guys gotta start screaming.  Rock Werchter is a great festival, went to it 2000 and had a fantastic time.

Biko, I was there! Best show I've seen in my life. They played awesomely loud though, my arms are still sore from having had to stick my fingers in my ears for 80 legendary minutes, litterally! ..okay, not litterally. I'd do anything for a bootleg of that show, so if you happen to know of one..

haha yeh wouldn't say Ben Folds is the best known guy over here... Werchter is great though. Really looking forward to it this year.

Hmm, it's getting worse and worse in my opinion. Good thing they still have a few lovely names, like Millionaire and Elvis Costello. Needless to say, I'm still going.
When it rains it snows, I wonder why..

Offline Carolyn

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2005, 12:14:16 PM »
Yeh I would have loved to have gone to werchter about 2 years ago i think. I think this year is pretty good, well Saturday on the Marquee! Very good line up there. Looking forward to REM cos when I saw them in February they were amazing. I will have to check out what the line up was in 2000. I didn't go cos i would only have been about 11.

Offline ~M

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2005, 12:15:39 PM »
Yeh I would have loved to have gone to werchter about 2 years ago i think. I think this year is pretty good, well Saturday on the Marquee! Very good line up there. Looking forward to REM cos when I saw them in February they were amazing. I will have to check out what the line up was in 2000. I didn't go cos i would only have been about 11.

In your face loser. I was so there.

Offline Hanny

• (8) Laugh all you want, I got my philosophy! (8)
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2005, 12:30:49 PM »
haha family conflict reaches the burbs  :-X
~ Make me feel tiny if it makes you feel tall but there's always someone cooler than you ~

*~ Han ~*

...smoke...

Offline Oranges

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2005, 01:24:14 PM »
Mike, did you go in 2001, when Weezer and Beck (among others) were there? I remember the nights on the campings being legendary (in a bad way, since someone got dragged into a tent and stabbed to death, or was that later?). Anyway, good times were had.
When it rains it snows, I wonder why..