LONDON: Enter to win Meet and Greet Passes!

• 23 Replies

Offline wee_lou

Re: LONDON: Enter to win Meet and Greet Passes!
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 01:04:56 AM »
Wow. That was AMAZING!
I still actually feel like it never happened, its all a bit surreal. Best day of my life, ever.
 ;D

Offline Allison

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 01:11:28 AM »
PICTUREZ?!

oh, ps. do you have a sweet little laminate to keep forever?
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline Hanny

• (8) Laugh all you want, I got my philosophy! (8)
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 11:18:13 AM »
Well done! what happened then?
~ Make me feel tiny if it makes you feel tall but there's always someone cooler than you ~

*~ Han ~*

...smoke...

Offline wee_lou

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 04:13:55 PM »
excuse the late reply. i'm just back from egypt  ;D
i don't have a laminate, no. just a sticky pass which will be getting framed shortly!
after the gig we went to the after show party where there was around 6 "fans" and the rest, label people or friends.
we got introduced to ben and chatted for a bit about the show, about how london is not as good as glasgow  ;D and what he is up to next etc... he signed my whatever music book, my way to normal deluxe edition and my boyfriends reinhold. we got some photos taken, then he moved on through the crowd. we hung about though and eventually he got a beer and in the end it was just me, ross, ben and an other couple (hello, if you're reading this!) and we just chatted for ages about random stuff - opera singing, corn mo, sight reading music... untill tambo man came and said he needed to get ben downstairs!

it was all very sureal...and to be honest ,i don't believe it happened!
I'm not one for massive big right ups, so heres a photo of us and ben :D
still feel like i'm on cloud 9...!

Offline You Dont Know Zach

• And it's terrible pain, and it's all for free.
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008, 04:57:52 PM »
godd*mn sounds like it'd be cool to sit across from the man and have a conversation with him about actual stuff not just the "OH MY GOD I LOVE EVERYTHING YOU'VE EVER WRITTEN!" normal thing that comes from only saying about three words to the man ever.
dont overplay, keep it simple and in the pocket, support the song, and you will be asked to play more than you have time to. - Chuck Folds

http://www.last.fm/user/YoudontknowZach

Offline Allison

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2008, 10:38:11 PM »
godd*mn sounds like it'd be cool to sit across from the man and have a conversation with him about actual stuff not just the "OH MY GOD I LOVE EVERYTHING YOU'VE EVER WRITTEN!" normal thing that comes from only saying about three words to the man ever.

Yeah, I wish I'd have enough time to do that. I mean, I've gotten past the ZOMGYOUREREALLLLLL (which was essentially my first reaction) but at the bf5 gig I was just mush after the show. Whooooops. Probably due to the fact that it was ZOMGBENDARRENANDROBERTINTHESAMEROOMZOMG
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline melissa

• Explain it to me again and again, like i care.
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2008, 10:45:31 PM »
i don't ever recall getting all fan-girly on ben.  i remember not saying anything the first two times.  then, the third, i asked for a signature and a hug.  and then there was that fourth time that we talked about politics.   ... i think i'm getting used to him.
and i'm so high not even you and all your love could bring me down

http://www.last.fm/user/foldsisgod/

Offline Zoonie

• I am me
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2009, 05:43:07 PM »
He looks like one of my friends. I don't know whether this would be an advantage.

I have a terrible feeling it might be something that I might say, after I'd run out of similarly dumb "Omfg I love your rekids so much" type you know. 'Stuff' that I'd inevitably burble!

If I ever do meet people I admire, I've found that when the meeting is by accident rather than design, you don't have time to feel dorkish about it, and you can just yack. The worst was Mark Eitzel from "American Music Club" - he has a voice in a million, that man. He's amazing. I met him when he'd supported Neil Hannon at a gig in Brixton, and he was obviously 'in a bad place'. I was asking him about projects and stuff and none of them had come off! It was absolutely dreadful - he ended up walking off in a slightly distressed huff.

So I try not to go out of my way to try and meet people these days!

Hello. I am me.

Offline You Dont Know Zach

• And it's terrible pain, and it's all for free.
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2009, 06:17:41 PM »
He looks like one of my friends. I don't know whether this would be an advantage.

I have a terrible feeling it might be something that I might say, after I'd run out of similarly dumb "Omfg I love your rekids so much" type you know. 'Stuff' that I'd inevitably burble!

If I ever do meet people I admire, I've found that when the meeting is by accident rather than design, you don't have time to feel dorkish about it, and you can just yack. The worst was Mark Eitzel from "American Music Club" - he has a voice in a million, that man. He's amazing. I met him when he'd supported Neil Hannon at a gig in Brixton, and he was obviously 'in a bad place'. I was asking him about projects and stuff and none of them had come off! It was absolutely dreadful - he ended up walking off in a slightly distressed huff.

So I try not to go out of my way to try and meet people these days!

i met a famous jazz sax player at a local football game once. it was completely by accident, but i still felt like i was sitting on a cloud while still being a complete and total uneducated dork. but the upside was that i got to talk to the man for 30 minutes, and that was when i was still insanely in jazz and his music. he is literally my favorite sax player and i got to meet him randomly. it was so awesome.
dont overplay, keep it simple and in the pocket, support the song, and you will be asked to play more than you have time to. - Chuck Folds

http://www.last.fm/user/YoudontknowZach