Dime a Dozen's "Ben Folds Flood"

• 24 Replies

Offline Aaron

• "I'm pissed off but I'm too polite"
Dime a Dozen's "Ben Folds Flood"
« on: December 22, 2009, 10:01:46 AM »
How's it going! In case you didn't read my random ramblings post from earlier, members of the website www.dimeadozen.org are doing this thing called the "Ben Folds Flood", where they upload any lossless Ben Folds (Five) show they have. I'll be posting the shows here, so keep your eyes on this thread and your ears ready for a tasty pile o' Ben Folds!

Finished uploading the first show: 1996-03-21 Theater of Living Arts in Philidelphia, PA
HOLY CRAP!!!!

Re: Dime a Dozen's "Ben Folds Flood"
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 11:06:22 AM »
I don't understand how to download the torrents on the site. I've signed up and confirmed my account and whatnot, but everytime I click on what I think is the download link, it's only a small file. What do I do?

Offline Aaron

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 11:36:02 AM »
I don't understand how to download the torrents on the site. I've signed up and confirmed my account and whatnot, but everytime I click on what I think is the download link, it's only a small file. What do I do?

You have to download a torrent client like µTorrent . Once you have it installed, you add the .torrent file to the client. It should start downloading then. It's a bit confusing. :P
HOLY CRAP!!!!

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 11:45:17 AM »

You have to download a torrent client like µTorrent . Once you have it installed, you add the .torrent file to the client. It should start downloading then. It's a bit confusing. :P

Alright so I've made some progress, but still need help. Haha. I've downloaded uTorrent the the torrent is going into the cue but not downloading. It just sits there. Help?

Offline Aaron

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 11:55:16 AM »

Alright so I've made some progress, but still need help. Haha. I've downloaded uTorrent the the torrent is going into the cue but not downloading. It just sits there. Help?

Are there any seeds? Usually lack of seeds would be the main reason for it not downloading.
HOLY CRAP!!!!

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 11:57:15 AM »

Are there any seeds? Usually lack of seeds would be the main reason for it not downloading.

It says there are three seeds?

Offline Aaron

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 12:06:33 PM »

It says there are three seeds?

Have you tried stopping the torrent and then restarting it? Whenever I have that problem, that usually works.
HOLY CRAP!!!!

Offline Aaron

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 12:53:12 PM »
HOLY CRAP!!!!

Offline Allison

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 02:08:28 PM »
thank you so much aaron!
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline Aaron

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 02:12:43 PM »
thank you so much aaron!

You're welcome! Just glad to help. :)
HOLY CRAP!!!!

Offline Aaron

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2009, 04:43:40 PM »
Just finished show number 3:1997-06-01 Metropol in Pittsburgh, PA
HOLY CRAP!!!!

Offline Allison

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 05:01:39 PM »
any chance you could upload them as .zip or .rar files?
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline Aaron

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2009, 06:47:04 PM »
any chance you could upload them as .zip or .rar files?

Sure! I'll get on it. Each show would have to be 2-3 files because Mediafire has it's limits. :P
HOLY CRAP!!!!

Offline zinefiend

• this isn't a wine car!!
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 07:35:25 AM »
This is OT, but every time I see this topic title, I think of the bootleg "Ben Flods" shirts I saw once. 

Offline Aaron

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 08:47:28 AM »
Hey Zinefiend, congrats on becoming the board's next YaBB God!! :)

Ok, I'm almost finished. I have two shows uploading and one downloading at the moment.

Here's what I've uploaded so far in .rar files. Most of these are the same folders with the .rar files added to them:
1996-03-21 Theater of Living Arts in Philidelphia, PA
1996-03-24 "Sunday Night" New York City Radio
1997-04-27 "Idiot's Delight" New York City Radio
1999-09-11 Kokusai Forum in Tokyo, Japan (Day after the Freaking Out DVD was filmed. Kinda cool.)
HOLY CRAP!!!!