Houston show--Set List and review

• 4 Replies

Offline Ben_Folds_Fan

Houston show--Set List and review
« on: May 10, 2010, 06:57:27 AM »
Thinking that I was going to have been out of town, my wife and I had not made plans to attend this past Saturday night's show at the House of Blues though I thought my son and his friends were going to go.  As it turned out, they didn't and we did...getting into the "sold out" show.

I know the order of the songs will be made right by someone else who attended, but these are the songs that were played:

Free Coffee
Annie Waits

Bitch Went Nutz
Brainwascht [with a long explanation of the song including a dig at Bruce Springsteen explaining what lyrics to a song mean and then singing those exact lyrics]
Don't Change Your Plans
Effington
Gone
Landed
Late
Long Tall Texan
Sentimental Guy [only song I'm not 100% sure that was played]
Songs of Love [Neil Hannon cover where he said he had to have the lyrics in front of him since Neil writes such complicated lyrics]
Steven's Last Night in Town
Still Fighting It
The Ascent of Stan
Video [says by reuqest]
You Don't Know Me [featuring KMH]
You To Thank
Zak and Sara

Kate [ending with his going over to the drum kit to play Wipeout]
The Luckiest [Lengthy explanation of its having been written for the closing scene of Amy Heckerling's "Losers"]
Army [no instruction for horn parts, just "come on Houston....1..2.1..2..3 followed by crowd horns]
One Angry Dwarf [final, final encore after HoB had already turned on the house lights and changed the video monitors to pimping of upcoming shows]

The venue was more crowded than for any other show we've seen there but as usual a Houston crowd just talked and talked and talked throughout.

We loved hearing the Luckiest and believe it is the first time in 12 shows over 13 years in which he has not played Philosophy.

Re: Houston show--Set List and review
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 04:33:47 PM »
Looks pretty good.  I'm surprised Houston got more encore songs than we got in Austin.  I thought the crowd in Austin was great and he only played two encore songs. 

Not really complaining, the show at Stubbs was fantastic.  He played Underground and Fired so I was pretty happy. 

Offline Steffage

• Is this the way to normal?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 10:17:18 AM »
Free Coffee
Annie Waits
Sentimental Guy
Late
Ascent of Stan
Video
Effington
Bitch Went Nutz
Don’t Change Your Plans
Story Time
Zak + Sara
Brainwascht
Gone
You to Thank
Story Time
Still Fighting It
Songs of Love [w/Kate Miller Heidke]
You Don’t Know Me [w/Kate Miller Heidke]
Long Tall Texan
Landed
Steven’s Last Night In Town
Army

---Encore---

The Luckiest
Kate [Stall… Keir no show]
All By Myself Improv
One Angry Dwarf

There you go! Full set and in the order. I honestly think the only reason we got more of an encore this night than Austin or Dallas is because there was complete fail with the Wipe Out bit! Haha

I was very estatic when he played Late. Brooooke requested it for me when we got to say hi to Ben in Austin the night before. I was so happy when he played it.

Offline Ben_Folds_Fan

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 12:52:01 PM »
There you go! Full set and in the order.

I was very estatic when he played Late. Brooooke requested it for me when we got to say hi to Ben in Austin the night before. I was so happy when he played it.

Except he definitely played Still Fighting It too.  I just don't remember between which songs.

Offline Steffage

• Is this the way to normal?
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 03:08:41 PM »
You're totally right. =) I fixed it.