Hiroshima

• 23 Replies

Offline Deano

• It'll be done when I get round to it....
Re: Hiroshima
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 07:37:42 AM »
I really like it. The rest of you are just wrong.

Offline porterhouse7070

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2008, 05:29:15 AM »
Good song, ridiculous video, not bad overall.

Offline flutterbee

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2008, 01:40:01 PM »
I actually think the video is amazing.

Offline You Dont Know Zach

• And it's terrible pain, and it's all for free.
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2008, 09:04:14 PM »
I like it. I've always really liked it since I freaked out when I realized he was doing the Berlin RtB. Seeing as it was my first REAL Ben Folds show though I might be a little bias.
dont overplay, keep it simple and in the pocket, support the song, and you will be asked to play more than you have time to. - Chuck Folds

http://www.last.fm/user/YoudontknowZach

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2008, 06:29:02 AM »
I don't dislike it, but of all the leaked tracks it's the one i play the least, i find the literal lyrics, far too, well literal and as far as song topics go for an album track i think you can do better, although the "oh-oh-ohs" are super catchy. I'm not sure how i feel about the 70's stylee strings as well, i think it plods a bit too much as well, and the end V/O is lame. Anywho after me picking apart the new song i still love Ben Folds and the other tracks of the new album are going to be great i think, especially Cologne.

Offline VictimOfAWaterSlide

• We should just have a dance-off.
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2008, 12:12:29 PM »
 This was probably the second new song that hooked me. I couldn't tell at first whether it was live or not, but really, he's telling the story about a concert experience and the crowd does add that atmosphere, so it doesn't bother me that much. LOVE the strings. The bridge is the part that sends chills up my spine every time I hear it.
 The video is pretty cool, although it feels a little lazy at some points, like the guy just wanted to get a drink and call it a night, but that kinda adds to the chrm of it. Love the ending of it.
~whoa~whoa~whoa~

Shirokuma

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2008, 04:50:06 AM »
Since I didn't see it mentioned, he fell from the stage at "Club Quattro" in Hiroshima, the reason for the name...

If it as small as the "Club Quattro" in Shinjuku, then I can believe why.... I saw John Butler there a while back, there just isn't any room.

http://www.club-quattro.com/schedule_hiro.php

-SK

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2008, 04:30:45 AM »
I love this song.  Its out of the box for a bens album.  It does capture the spirit of a live show.  Its just good old fashioned sscreaming at the top of your lungs song that is so representive of a Ben show.  Grant you, its not the most theoretically composed peice of music Ben has wrote.  Thats why it is so nice to hear.  It doesnt have to be overly composed to be great. Lennon/McCarney prooved that years ago! Im looking forward to hearing this at the Orpheum show in Bostonnext week.

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2008, 05:04:53 AM »
I love it too.  Since when are "literal" lyrics a bad thing?  Brian Wilson has done it for decades, and he has created what some feel is the greatest album of all time in Pet Sounds.