Mysterious New Songs?

• 317 Replies

Offline melissa

• Explain it to me again and again, like i care.
Re: Mysterious New Songs?
« Reply #150 on: July 18, 2008, 10:27:05 AM »
Maybe someone recorded Ben's voice and then used a program to make his own voice sound like Ben's (like in Mission: Impossible 3) and then made up dumb songs and sang them and then recorded the instruments or made them on a computer and then put them together and then put the tracks on the web.  :D

a likely possibility.   :P
and i'm so high not even you and all your love could bring me down

http://www.last.fm/user/foldsisgod/

Offline Kidney05

• woke up way too normal
« Reply #151 on: July 18, 2008, 11:07:29 AM »
Dr Yang - I actually really like this. It's very simple (Ben, Jared, Sam and Tambo Man), and I really don't see why it should be a fake apart from the production values... But everyone else seems to hate it and say "obvious fake!" Maybe I'm missing something?
it's got no hook, it's boring, theres no fancy piano work or vocal work... it's a sh*tty song...

PS- they'd give a cease and desist no matter what because you don't know me is real
nobody deserves posts on their myspace site asking if they stabbed basketballs.

Offline Drawed

« Reply #152 on: July 18, 2008, 11:10:26 AM »
Maybe someone recorded Ben's voice and then used a program to make his own voice sound like Ben's (like in Mission: Impossible 3) and then made up dumb songs and sang them and then recorded the instruments or made them on a computer and then put them together and then put the tracks on the web.  :D

a likely possibility.   :P

i thought we were a little bit short on conspiracy theories and... i don't know, it just came to me!
If you can ball like me, it ain’t make no difference what team you at

Offline SinginJen

« Reply #153 on: July 18, 2008, 11:11:58 AM »
"The Frown Song" is so hilarious.

"Amen to love."
So hilarious.
too school for c...too cool for school
(too cool for school, y'all)

Offline Allison

« Reply #154 on: July 18, 2008, 11:14:44 AM »
This keeps getting more and more ridiculous.

And what a perfect way to get the pot simmering.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline Kyle

« Reply #155 on: July 18, 2008, 11:42:17 AM »
I haven't listened to the songs yet, but it could just be a leak of early unfinished songs.  When I was running bffclubhouse.com, I had a legit prerelease version of TUBORM that wasn't finished, had a different track order, and wasn't fully mastered.  Sounds were missing and some other processing was missing that was in the final version.  This could be a CD for some executive at the label that is 8 months old or something.  Just early versions with unfinished writing.

Offline Allison

« Reply #156 on: July 18, 2008, 11:46:11 AM »
well a friend of mel and mines on last.fm said this about what happened to her brother in the business
he got an unmarked cd from epic telling him to share this "fake" leak with people. he's convinced it's fake & that the new songs he's playing at his shows are to confuse us, but i think folds is goofing on us and that these may be some of the new songs...i'm impressed so far!

What a great move, no matter what, by Mr. Folds. Far better than my other BF's moves recently. So much that I'm almost willing to unclaim him. Ugh. Mr. Favre. WHY?

Offline speedy_the_drummer

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #157 on: July 18, 2008, 12:00:48 PM »
When I was running bffclubhouse.com, I had a legit prerelease version of TUBORM that wasn't finished, had a different track order, and wasn't fully mastered.  Sounds were missing and some other processing was missing that was in the final version.

do you still have that?

Offline Andy

• I went because you said you'd be there
« Reply #158 on: July 18, 2008, 12:04:29 PM »
Kyle! An honour to have you back!

~A
So smooth you can hear the beard.

Offline Kyle

« Reply #159 on: July 18, 2008, 12:08:51 PM »
It is still in the family, but I gave it to my Dad years ago because he's a big fan too.  It's pretty neat, but it is a near final version.  There was also a version of RTS that was leaked that was mixed differently and didn't have some of the stool creaks and cricks in it (especially in The Luckiest).

Offline Kyle

« Reply #160 on: July 18, 2008, 12:09:32 PM »
Kyle! An honour to have you back!

~A

Thanks, but I never left!  I still visit regularly, just not much posting.

Offline Allison

« Reply #161 on: July 18, 2008, 12:27:25 PM »
You, Kyle, sir, do you want posting access to wokeup? I'm sure you have a landmine of goodies.

Just a thought about this whole thing- the first we heard of Cologne was that it was "recently finished" and for this "DVD" what if this DVD that they're talking about, and Eef even knew about it, not much, but he knew it was happening.... is all some big joke fake-music thing? I mean, we just assumed that Cologne was on the next album cause it was the next new one we heard about.... but a video for that song? When he's been talking about a Hiroshima video at shows since February?

« Reply #162 on: July 18, 2008, 01:02:47 PM »
I'll kill Ben if he doesn't include Errant Dog and Effington on this album.

If it's what we were expecting (those songs, plus a few new ones, plus originals of Brainwashed, Bitch Went Nuts, Hiroshima, etc.), then it will be some of Ben's best work yet.  If it's anything like this leak, we're f*cked.

I need this to be clarified soon because I'm nervous  :-\

Offline greggraham

« Reply #163 on: July 18, 2008, 01:04:51 PM »
read back what you just wrote alison and consider the reality of it. that would be a f*cking lot of effort just for a 'joke'

and all you saying he wacked up these tracks in half an hour, uh uh. :o they'd take much longer than that to record (hours and hours), and then there's the matter of writing the melody, lyrics, some structure, harmony etc. you can't just shit them out (and especially ben considering the lack of SFS b sides and struggle to write original music for OTH)

Offline melissa

• Explain it to me again and again, like i care.
« Reply #164 on: July 18, 2008, 01:09:41 PM »
yeah, but you've gotta consider the RtS b-sides when you say that.  he did all of those in a few days.  it's not like Ben doesn't know his way around the studio and he's got plenty of capable men working with him.  they could easily shit this out in no time, imo.
and i'm so high not even you and all your love could bring me down

http://www.last.fm/user/foldsisgod/