Mysterious New Songs?

• 317 Replies

Offline andrewspears

• Lying awake in my hospital room
Re: Mysterious New Songs?
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2008, 06:56:14 AM »
i would say you don't know me, hiroshima, cologne, and possibly way to normal are all real. the rest are either b-sides or jokes.

Offline jordmeister

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2008, 07:02:07 AM »
Some of you guys think he wouldn't record a full joke album, but to me it is exactly something Ben WOULD do.

Remember the fake suicide on MySpace?  And the many jokes in 2002 involving Bill Clinton, and the autographed thong... which his lawyer was in on, if I remember correctly.

And I think the reason there appears to be a couple of legitimate tracks on the album is for publicity.  Perhaps "You Don't Know Me" or is planned as the first single.  

Also, 9 tracks seems like JUST the right amount to make a fake album but still seem semi believable.  I mean, it's only 34 minutes long.

Offline andrewspears

• Lying awake in my hospital room
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2008, 07:12:44 AM »
Also, 9 tracks seems like JUST the right amount to make a fake album but still seem semi believable.  I mean, it's only 34 minutes long.

34 minutes for 9 tracks is a pretty long album there.

Offline Drawed

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2008, 07:49:16 AM »
would he really go to the effort of writing, recording and leaking loads of tracks that aren't actually on the album just for a laugh?

yeah seems like something he might do... for TBWN and Brainwashed (those are the different ones, right?) he definitely went to the effort of writing tracks that aren't right, whether the wrong ones are the live ones or the leaked ones.

Meanwhile, could someone email me the link, please?
If you can ball like me, it ain’t make no difference what team you at

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2008, 08:20:26 AM »
Jeez, take one day off and, to quote a great scholar of our time, shit gets real.  Seriously, someone PM me and point me in the direction of the tracks.  I want to be in on the discussion and/or joke. 

Seconded. I feel like I'm out in the cold with my face pressed against the window...

« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2008, 08:30:58 AM »
xfb

Offline Drawed

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2008, 08:33:38 AM »
HDrew9 at comcast.net

if you don't feel like looking at my profile.
If you can ball like me, it ain’t make no difference what team you at

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2008, 08:40:19 AM »
I must say, You Don't Know Me is awesome.

Offline Eric

« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2008, 08:43:22 AM »
dangit! i always miss out on awesome stuff like this :-\

email me if possible: ericthederek at aol dot com

Offline PAUL LLEWELLYN

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2008, 09:05:57 AM »
I hope that we get some official word soon. It's a strange collection. Why would someone have just these songs to leak? I'm wondering if they are B-sides and alternative versions.

« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2008, 09:25:43 AM »
I just want to bump the question that someone asked earlier, which is if anyone who went to Ben's studio to film the DVD knows whether this version of cologne is real or not.
didn't someone who was in the filming mention that it was "a short little ditty?" in their review of the experience?

a six minute song, which this leaked version of cologne is, certainly isn't a "short little ditty"

Offline Eric

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2008, 09:33:46 AM »
i finally got it.

i only listened to a few seconds of each. as much as i want to listen to it all, i just can't. i want to be at least mostly surprised when i get the album. but i gotta say, i'm leaning towards the idea that this is a joke. TBWN is 100% different than what was played in concert. it's most definitely not Ben's style of a song. and You Don't Know Me, as great as it sounds, seems also to be a joke. it's kinda cheesy when it comes to vocals. i love what i heard, but it still seems a bit... off.

Offline Andy

• I went because you said you'd be there
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2008, 09:36:23 AM »
Andy were you asked to remove the link or were you just playing it safe?
Because it's one hell of a hoax if Sony's lawyers are in on it.

For my part, Sony have NOT been in touch over this, though that may be because I've been fairly prompt.

~A
So smooth you can hear the beard.

Offline Hanny

• (8) Laugh all you want, I got my philosophy! (8)
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2008, 09:37:24 AM »
Well all this appeared to happen in the early hours of the morning back over here and then I went to work...so i better hunt down a link off someone im curious!
~ Make me feel tiny if it makes you feel tall but there's always someone cooler than you ~

*~ Han ~*

...smoke...

Offline melissa

• Explain it to me again and again, like i care.
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2008, 09:52:30 AM »
Perhaps "You Don't Know Me" is planned as the first single.  

he's previously said that Hiroshima was going to be the first single.

and, i'm with you lot on this... Hiroshima, Cologne, and You Don't Know Me all appear to be real on first listen.  i'm not so sure about the title track.  the rest are obviously fake though.  at least, i'd hope that they are.
he could just be like amanda and put up a new song on his myspace.  but, noooo... he has to f*ck with us.
which is all fine and dandy because i will be entertained by this b-sidetastic 'album' until september 30 (5 days from my birthday!).
and i'm so high not even you and all your love could bring me down

http://www.last.fm/user/foldsisgod/