BBC Coverage of Ben at Glasto

• 18 Replies
BBC Coverage of Ben at Glasto
« on: June 26, 2008, 04:27:00 AM »
Finally the BBC have published a definitive schedule of their coverage of Glasto...and Ben does feature: 4pm-7pm on Steve Lamacq's Radio 6 show is where it will all happen.  Apologies as I have already posted this info on the Tour board, but thought it was very News Worthy!

FRIDAY

TELEVISION

7pm-10.30pm BBC Three

Editors and the Fratellis from the Pyramid stage; We Are Scientists live from the Other stage; Estelle on the Jazz World stage.

11pm-2am BBC Two (and HD)

Kings of Leon headline the Pyramid stage.

11.20pm-2am BBC Four

The best from the Jazz World stage, including Jimmy Cliff.

12.45am-2am BBC Three

The best bits from Friday.   (BEN HAS TO FEATURE HERE!!)

RADIO

10am-1pm Radio 1

Jo Whiley hears acoustic sessions.

9pm-11pm Radio 1

From the Dance Village stage.

4pm-7pm BBC 6 Music

Steve Lamacq live at Worthy Farm. Music from the Ting Tings, KTTunstall, Gossip and Ben Folds.

You can listen live by clicking on the link below, it is available in RealPlayer and Media Player
http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2008/6music/

http://www.last.fm/user/BadMullet

i figure they don't care anymore and now they blow donkey dicks

Offline flutterbee

Re: BBC Coverage of Ben at Glasto
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 07:40:48 AM »
So far no Ben on the Radio.
I just emailed them to see if they would be playing some stuff from his set, I got a reply. They said "I dont think we can squeeze it in today"!!
Humph what other more important stuff do they have to do!?!

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 10:19:29 AM »
Pah, no apparent moving images or sound but they have at least put up some lovely photos...

http://www.bbc.co.uk//glastonbury/2008//artists/benfolds/photos/index.shtml#photo

Offline Grace

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 11:08:27 AM »
Hi. You can find 'Landed' on Steve Lamacq's show at 1 hour 41 minutes into the show (hope I read the Listen Again counter right :)).

It's a recording from Ben's live set. The BBC missed it, but 'a little man' ran in with a CD of the highlights, apparently.
Took a trip, climbed a tree

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 11:24:59 AM »
Hi. You can find 'Landed' on Steve Lamacq's show at 1 hour 41 minutes into the show (hope I read the Listen Again counter right :)).

It's a recording from Ben's live set. The BBC missed it, but 'a little man' ran in with a CD of the highlights, apparently.

Link to the Steve Lamacq Listen Again site

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainframe.shtml?http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/6music_aod.shtml?6music/6m_lamacq_fri
http://www.last.fm/user/BadMullet

i figure they don't care anymore and now they blow donkey dicks

Offline flutterbee

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 12:16:09 PM »
My internet cut out just when they started to play Landed.
And they called him Ben Folds Five!!!

Offline Allison

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 04:03:34 PM »
BBC 1 is on Sirius Radio. And I was listening for giggles. And they were counting down the top 10 shows you would be at that night if you could be in 10 different places at time. and they included Ben Folds Five in the list. And I was like... OH I SEE REUNION TOUR? :P They played Underground to support it. And I checked what time it was, did the conversion, and figured all the people at the London gig could well be hearing that song live as I was hearing it on the "radio."
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline Euan

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 05:25:14 PM »
Well that was pretty rubbish.  No mention of him at all on BBC3 best bits of the day show.  two of the biggest twats presenting it but no folds. Thats BBC3 for you.

Offline Euan

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2008, 05:16:31 AM »
Check out youtube. "Ben Folds Glastonbury" where theres a 2 minute video of him obv being interviewed for ITN. Quite a funny story he tells.

Offline kingrikk (Kirk)

• I want to be Kirk.
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 06:11:45 AM »
He's currently being interviewed on Radio 2...

Offline Euan

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2008, 07:11:48 AM »
Really??? The Shaun Keavney show im assuming? I'll try the listen again feature later.

Offline kingrikk (Kirk)

• I want to be Kirk.
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2008, 01:12:53 PM »
Yes, it was. It wasn't a very long interview, but they did play Army from the day before (with a certain word ducked out). I didn't hear the whole thing - my parents rang and told me he was on!

I'm really quite annoyed, in the past the BBC have had the full sets of the Pyramid Stage and the Other Stage up online as video. This year - when it actually matters - no.

Offline 3.6

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 03:32:28 AM »
If Ben wants more air time on the BBC in the future he needs to divorce his family and have a relationship with a BBC Glasto presenter. Preferably from Radio 1.
I was stuck to the TV (red , blue button as well) radio and internet (mainly this site) to get some footage of the Foldster.
If only I was a Joy Division fan......er, sorry i mean an Editors fan.  Christ, it was like the Editors show.  I only saw one clip of Kate Nash as well.
Editors on BBC3.
Editors on red, blue b'stard button.  Aaaargh. 

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 07:47:45 AM »
Hi everyone :-*
I am new to this site!
I was disgusted there was no coverage of Ben on the BBC.
I must have watched every single minute of coverage on the BBC and their interactive channels.
The music they played was fantastic, but lacking for a bit of Ben!
As I am quite a new fan of his I was really looking forward to seeing him on the Tv for the first time and I am absolutely devastated! (and really tired - had to stop up till 2am each night just in case!)
 :'(
And you can see the daisies in her footsteps

Offline drummerstu

• I don't have a third dimension
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 08:42:31 AM »
If Ben wants more air time on the BBC in the future he needs to divorce his family and have a relationship with a BBC Glasto presenter. Preferably from Radio 1.
I was stuck to the TV (red , blue button as well) radio and internet (mainly this site) to get some footage of the Foldster.
If only I was a Joy Division fan......er, sorry i mean an Editors fan.  Christ, it was like the Editors show.  I only saw one clip of Kate Nash as well.
Editors on BBC3.
Editors on red, blue b'stard button.  Aaaargh. 

Yeah, it's all a bit incestuous - ever wondered how the hell The Hoosiers got signed? managed by non other than Jo Wileys husband - God I hate them so much! They were only just above Ben on the bill, but you would have thought they'd headlined by the amount of coverage they got over the weekend on the BBC website...grrrrrrr