The Maccabees

• 33 Replies

Offline chalky

The Maccabees
« on: December 11, 2005, 11:04:58 AM »
I don’t know if anyone has posted anything about this so I apologise if you all know. According to a few webs site I’ve seen The Maccabees are going to be sporting Ben on his uk tour next week.

Has anyone ever heard of them?

Anyway you can listen to some of there stuff at http://www.myspace.com/themaccabees if you want!

Enjoy Mr Folds next week everyone

Offline Sebster74

Re: The Maccabees
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 12:22:25 PM »
Funnily enough they actually played with my band in Brighton a while back. They're ok, bit of a strange support though for ben folds.

Offline bezley

• Life was simple then...
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 01:12:06 PM »
I'm listening to them on myspace right now. Sound pretty good to me. I think I'll enjoy them more than Clem anyway.

Offline Sebster74

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 03:25:30 PM »
Hmmmm I generally think that ben fans would like clem more. Anyways we will see (well I wont I couldnt afford a ticket)

Offline flutterbee

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 04:08:58 AM »
Clem was ace, thought he was so good infactwent to see him on his tour after ben, listened to the tracks on myspace, abit rocky, not sure if they really go with ben, who chose them anyway to be his support? the record label?

Offline AnnaWaits

• "The people have spoken!"
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 04:49:18 AM »
I can really see the piano-rock influence there... ;) Haha they sound alright.
So much time, so little to say...

Offline Damian

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005, 12:56:15 AM »
Last night they said that they were big Ben fans.

What did I think?  I thought... if you must be Joy Division in this day and age, be Editors and do it with tunes.  Sorry.

DrAlexHaleIII

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2005, 05:34:49 AM »
I didn't think they were all that bad!

Offline bezley

• Life was simple then...
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2005, 05:36:43 AM »
I never said they were a more suitable choice than Clem. Just that I personally will probably enjoy them more.

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2005, 07:55:22 AM »
I thought they sounded like a bad bloc party, add to the fact that bloc party are a big pile of wank, you will understand that this support band are not too good

sally15

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2005, 12:45:06 PM »
i thought they sounded like wannabe futureheads.. complete with geordie accents too. weren't they from london though? strange... you have to hand it to the lead singer, his dancing was pretty entertaining.

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005, 12:50:23 PM »
the dancing just made it look like he wanted to have the sh*tty maximo park thing going on.

sally15

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 01:01:01 PM »
they were better than a lot of support bands i've seen, but still not worthy of supporting Mr Folds.

Offline Carolyn

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2005, 01:10:00 PM »
i thought they sounded like wannabe futureheads.. complete with geordie accents too. weren't they from london though? strange... you have to hand it to the lead singer, his dancing was pretty entertaining.

I thought they were kinda like the futureheads aswell!

the dancing just made it look like he wanted to have the sh*tty maximo park thing going on.

Yup, lead singer of maximo parks dancing did come to mind when watching the lead singer yesterday hehe!

Offline Damian

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2005, 03:54:17 PM »

I thought they were kinda like the futureheads aswell!

Yup, lead singer of maximo parks dancing did come to mind when watching the lead singer yesterday hehe!

Heresy!  :-)

I love The Futureheads very much.  In fact I saw them the night before Ben - I managed to grab a £10 Travelodge deal and saw Foo Fighters at the NEC (at which The Futureheads supported) and Ben the next day.  A great mini-holiday and no mistake.