Probably a mistake but what if?

• 23 Replies

Offline Burtdaboy

Re: Probably a mistake but what if?
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2005, 10:14:43 AM »
I think someone needs to come to Coldplays rescue.
I am a huge fan of both Ben and Coldplay and I think they are all superb musicians.
I think some music is depresing if you make it. Some peaple say Jeff Buckley's music is depressing but it has a quality to it which makes me want to smile and be happy.
I saw Coldplay in Bolton (the Fix You video) and it was the least depressing evening I have ever had. It was greatly joyful and I even had a drunk Mancunian shouting to me that Coldplay were Gods. They put on one hell of a live perfomance which these days is rare.
I recon that your mood to start with determines how you interpret the music. A friend at school (who was American so I kinda let him off) said once that Coldplay were depressing because "every song is in a minor key". He isn't the greatest musician.
So please don't lay into them. Also I dont understand how someone can like the music but not them.
They write the music so.....ah whatever.
This isn't a rant but just a "discussion" as my rents put it whenever they argue lol
Burt
...and I'm sorry Mr Jones, it's time...

sally15

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2005, 10:42:31 AM »
I saw Coldplay at Glastonbury 05 and I thought they were good. Kept me entertained anyway, and I have the attention span of a cod. Bah I hate U2 though. Bono released doves at one of his gigs. Note to Bono: you are not God.

samfoster88

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2005, 03:21:25 PM »
yeah bono is an idiot but i like 'one'

Offline Hanny

• (8) Laugh all you want, I got my philosophy! (8)
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2005, 09:56:50 AM »
havta admit imo i think coldplay wud be crap live their so dull...personal opinion fans of coldplay dont kill me
~ Make me feel tiny if it makes you feel tall but there's always someone cooler than you ~

*~ Han ~*

...smoke...

Offline ads

• "Is there anything that money can't buy?"-"Uh No"
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2005, 10:44:24 AM »
Hey fella try this thead on www.coldplay.com you might get more repect there.......

No seriously someone must buy their albums ::) - - glad its not me.

Offline Hanny

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2005, 11:29:05 AM »
i dont like U2s stuff but bono doesnt think hes God - hes a christian lol.

anyway, coldplay alb swaped it for a decent one with my mum NO i didnt but it was a gift.
~ Make me feel tiny if it makes you feel tall but there's always someone cooler than you ~

*~ Han ~*

...smoke...

sally15

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2005, 08:15:17 AM »
Okay, maybe Bono doesn't think he's God but he definately seems to think he pocesses god-like qualities. Come on, releasing doves?! That's only alright if you're a magician. Even then it's not all that impressive.

Offline Hanny

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2005, 05:09:27 AM »
no nothing of releasing doves, each to their own lol

*~ Han ~*

...smoke...

DrAlexHaleIII

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2005, 06:23:05 AM »
What about tryin' ta save t' starvin' childr'n? (See the "Family Guy" movie...)